NVIDIA GeForce 496.49 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 26, 2021.

1. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    Game Ready for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
    This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost performance by up to 2x. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including Age of Empires IV, Battlefield 2042 Early Access, Call of Duty: Vanguard, Chivalry 2, Forza Horizon 5, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, Jurassic World Evolution 2, and Riders Republic.

Additionally, we’ve got support for 6 new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors, and 6 new GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Setting profiles.

Fixed Issues in this Release
    - [Doom 3: BFG Edition]: Visual corruption occurs in the game. [3405146]
    - [Tom Clancy’s The Division 2]: Flickering and visual corruption may appear after extended gameplay. [3369607]
    - [LG OLED C1 series]: The display may show random black screen flicker at 1080p. [3404999]

Windows 10/11 Issues
    - [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: The game may randomly crash during gameplay. [3405911]
    - [WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship/WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship]: The games crash on launch. [3409320/3409312]
    - [Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint]: Textures in the game may flicker. [3410593]
    - [Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop when there is mouse movement. [3405920]
    - [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
    - YouTube: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
    - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
    - [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. [200762998] To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
    - [NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/496.49/496.49-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Download
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-496-49-whql-driver-download.html

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2021
    Blackfyre, OnnA, Eripsa and 2 others like this.
  2. DuncanZXCore

DuncanZXCore Guest

GPU:
    2070Super
    Thanks going to grab them later, Battlefield 2042 nice.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    You're hardcore.

AQUILES, chispy, nizzen and 2 others like this.
  4. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX
    What's up with the RIMS Racing? Still crashing on the startup...

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'm curious why this one wasn't fixed since its just a quick push from the branch its fixed with.

BTW: Nvidia employees have more or less resumed work at the nvidia campus in the last couple months, the back log of issues publically and privately will be combed through.

Developers are cooperating to identify and resolve this either from the game side or the driver side, return to a previous driver for the time being.

valorex likes this.
  6. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Hello,
    the 496.13 driver introduced corruption on the 2D desktop. Black polygons 1mm to 4mm appear on 2d desktop, numbering 4-20 in count. The black polygons seem to appear surrounding the side any app windows that may be open. Issue may not present itself in 3d applications.

Many other users in the 496.13 thread report the EXACT same issue.

Using DP1.4 in my case, 2x 3090 RTX FE. Issue is present with both or single card. I don't overclock.

All ailments of 2D desktop black polygons go away when reverting to a prior driver (prior to 496.13).

the 496.49 driver does NOT solve the issue introduced in 496.13.

7. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Fixed Issues in this Release
    - [Tom Clancy’s The Division 2]: Flickering and visual corruption may appear after extended gameplay. [3369607]

Great news. Will try these later tonight. Thanks

8. Eviltoaster

Eviltoaster Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070 OC
    You either stick with 472.12, or upgrade to Windows 10/11 and be able to use newer drivers. (Nvidia's rules)

mapnam charun likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This has been determined to not be a Driver bug, its caused by Chrome itself being entered into some experiment.

1184361 - Black compositing corruption on win 10 (chromium.org)

10. Maulcun

Maulcun Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    They fixed the random black bar on desktop. But my screen still flickers sometimes.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021

11. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    @ManuelG hello
    The bug that has troubled me for a long time is fixed in 452.06: When the system sleeps and wakes up, I start CSGO. Snow appears on the screen. But it appeared again on 496.13. Does 496.49 fix this BUG? I want to keep the latest driver version, thank you

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    unless you fill out the feedback form and are among numerous complainants for an issue, the likelihood of your issue being addressed is low.

13. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Tell me about it. It took them a year to sort the DSC issues when changing resolutions

These drivers, like others, cause a hard reboot when it tries to install the gfx drivers themselves. Only thing to do is to use DDU and then reinstall.
    It says it was installed fine after the hard reboot but they obviously wernt

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this might be a seperate issue unique to your configuration, but many others have reported this behavior when doing updates through GFE, and it usually occured at the stage of installing HDAudio.

15. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    That makes sense. Ive not always opted to install HD Audio so ive had times where it has installed fine.

16. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    will test and reportback

17. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    You really need to upgrade to Windows 10-11, I have no problems with either of those operating systems, just do a clean install though.

18. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    I'm experiencing this also.

19. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    yeah I agree I don't get why you would insist on staying on Win7.
    my FPS in BF4 way back when jumped a metric tonne when I switched from 7 to 8 even...that was years ago.

20. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I don't get why people tolerate the intrusive, spying, forced installs/updates, advertising nonsense of Windows 10+

Windows 7 for whatever requires Windows, or Linux fo-evah!