Farcry 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, May 28, 2021.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    you might wanna read what I actually said
    I said fc in general is kinda cheesy.
    a lot of fc3 was too,and I liked it.but you can't make 4 games on the same god damn concept ffs and expect people won't notice.

Shataan likes this.
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Actually this year fifa has good gameplay,at least they managed to fix the retarded ball physics and now it s like PES

3. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Does Ubisoft make actual new computer games anymore? Does anyone? I hate to say it but I think the gaming industry has played itself out and cannot think of anything inspiring to code. There was a time when all kinds of games were showing up on store shelves about every two or three weeks. But then again, there aren't many store shelves to be found either. I think most people who are so jazzed about these rinse and repeat products are only just now coming into the fray and have no idea what preceded the current industry such as it is.

Shataan likes this.
  4. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Just me being weird reading post like these for over 20 years on PC Gaming.

PC gaming is fine.Never been stronger.Just take Steam alone they released over 10,263 games in 2020, up from 8,033 games in 2019.
    • Number of games released on Steam 2021 | Statista

Overall gaming is fine.These 10 games all made over a billion in the biz in 2020 alone.Damm I never even heard of some of those games and I play PC Games all day long.

Rank Game Revenue Publisher(s) Genre(s) Business model Ref
    1 PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) $2,824,000,000 Tencent / Bluehole Battle royale Free-to-play / buy-to-play [a]
    2 Honor of Kings / Arena of Valor $2,564,000,000 Tencent MOBA Free-to-play
    3 Roblox $2,290,000,000 Roblox Corporation GCS / MMO Free-to-play [10]
    4 Garena Free Fire $2,130,000,000 Garena Battle royale
    5 Pokémon Go $1,920,000,000 Niantic / Nintendo Augmented reality
    6 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone $1,913,000,000 Activision (Activision Blizzard) FPS / battle royale Buy-to-play / free-to-play
    7 League of Legends $1,750,000,000 Riot Games / Tencent MOBA Free-to-play
    8 Candy Crush Saga $1,660,000,000 King (Activision Blizzard) Puzzle
    9 AFK Arena $1,450,000,000 Lilith Games RPG
    10 Gardenscapes: New Acres $1,430,000,000 Playrix Puzzle

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I agree with you, however there are a few titles that are worth the buy, but they are a handful i m afraid, not like before in the 90s,u always had many quality games and they weren t for pc mainly either

6. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Wow! Never heard of most of those games either. And I can see how statistics on games released on Steam can appear convincing. I'm not advocating we all go into the weeds here but it needs to be said that the bulk of those new releases on Steam could be consolidated to a much smaller number if each game was pigeon-holed based on its genre, structure, content and so forth. I'm sure you'd agree. When computer (and console) gaming was exploding in the late 80's through the late 90's there was a lot of experimentation going on. That's what I refer to as the golden age of computer gaming. Obviously that was a product of something brand new being introduced to the buying public. Today many of the genres that were at their inception back then have now been thoroughly vetted and either continued or dropped by developers/publishers based on profit. A good example is military simulations. There are very few companies that develop only military sims as their bread and butter.

I think it would be a real renaissance in gaming if current developers/publishers would revisit all the software released in the 80's and 90's and make modern versions of them. There have been a few forays in this direction (Carrier Command and Elite come to mind). There are so many good ideas that have basically been forgotten. This is all sort of ironic as my original post here was directed at "new" games and not remakes. I guess I'm just saying there is so much out there that nobody is touching that would make great modern software.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Pc gaming was at its best between 1998 and 2007, at least this is what i can recall, after crysis, consolitis took full control, best example: the crysis 2 release state, a full blown xbox 360 made for game

Shataan likes this.
  8. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Quantity over quality - thats gaming 2021 in a nutshell IMHO.

They're just lucky there are wayyyyy more gamers today then 15 years ago during the golden age.

Shataan and cucaulay malkin like this.
  9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Oh it has happened before that, Deus Ex 2 was the first mainstreamed console / PC game to be butchered.
    __
    As it's now with FC6, it's not stable. But they do some things right in the game, it for the first time feels more like a country that could operate under normal circumstances

10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Ubisoft blames Skype, MSI Afterburner, Discord and more for possibly causing performance issues in its games

So now we know, it's not Ubisoft's fault. It's every other program you might use on PC. :D

11. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Indeed polling of some hardware sensors is still an issue, I only need to open GPU-Z sensor page and see it ruin vsynctester.com result.

Yet this is no excuse for Far Cry 6 to have piss poor texture streaming, VRAM allocation management and, like every bloody Ubisoft DX12 game, stability issues. They should stop blaming others and learn some D3D12 basics etc. instead. Clown company...

ramthegamer, PCElite and Horus-Anhur like this.
  12. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Here's a helicopter descent into a natural vertical cylindrical chasm going down to a cave in a mountain at Caverna River. It seems similar to the one in the early part of the film Jurassic Park, even has a tall waterfall running down into it like in the movie. I created the video today with Geforce Experience in game video.

eGGroLLiO and DannyD like this.
  13. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "Pc gaming was at its best between 1998 and 2007"

Those were the days. I was there for that. They used to release loads of quality games on pc back then. These days you are lucky to see 1 or 2 AAA pc releases in a year. And if you call that strong, well I dunno what to say. ;p The Indy Devs competing for our dough. What a great time we all had. And we pretty much had to update vid cards every year to keep up. Heck, these days I keep a card for 4 to 5 years almost before needing to bother upgrading. Now all we see are like whats been said.... Cookie Cutter Fodder. Aaaaah well.....

Reclusive781 likes this.
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It s a shame yes, that not many titles i look forward to at the moment, maybe im getting older and being more picky now rather than before, but it is just hard that i get wowed by a singleplayer like before, last time i got really immersed in a singleplayer AAA title was:
    Dishonored 2 and death of the outsider
    Doom 2016
    PREY 2017.

Sniper Ghost warrior contracts a lower level of immersion factor.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    2004 was the best year for PC Gaming..DOOM 3, Far Cry, Half-Life 2..That year was a BLAST..Then we got F.E.A.R(2006) and then Crysis(2007)..After that we only got garbage console ports..

Reclusive781 and Undying like this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You forgot world of warcraft, unreal 2004, Nfs underground 2, Gta san andreas.

Btw fear came out in 2005.

17. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I was very apprehensive about FC6. However, I dipped my toe in and I'm liking it a lot. It's actually a decent PC port as well. It runs very nicely on my 2070 Super/9700K at ultra, 3440x1440 res. If you're on the fence about the game then just do what I did; get a month of Ubisoft+ and try it. More than enough time to get a feel for the game.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Definitely great year,as i said until 2007 was the peak of AAA pc gaming productions

Reclusive781 likes this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    no titles? god of war and ghosts of Ghosts of tsushima.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    1999 wasn't bad.