Intel Core i5-12600K outperforms AMD Ryzen 5 5600X in CPU-Z Benchmark by Huge Margin

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 25, 2021.

1. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Obviously from the benchmarks we have been seeing they can be all active at once. That doesn't mean it's going to be the case in the real world, though. A benchmark like this just throws a max load on whatever it can find, but you don't want to do that with most processor loads. For example, in a generic game you wouldn't want some of your CPU threads running at a different IPC than others, it would cause all kinds of stutter. You can already see this sort of thing happening with 3D rendering; you can use both the CPU and GPU to do rendering loads, but if you do so simultaneously it actually slows things down because the GPU ends up waiting for the CPU to complete its threads before it can get it's next workload.

Eventually we will probably see apps that are written to separate their workloads so all cores can be effectively used simultaneously, but it's very early days so that's going to be a while. We don't even know if this is the way things will go in the long term; it actually makes a lot more sense to have the efficiency cores be ARM rather than x86, and it's certainly possible for an OS to handle scheduling two instruction sets.

Valken likes this.
  2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    The only point of contention is memory latency, some games , like csgo, arent really cpu bound at this point and are memory bound, unfortunately with ddr5 the latencies are alot higher, i suspect that memory config is going to matter on alderlake and that tight ddr4 in gear 1 mode will be faster at least to start with, though that really depends on how much the extra cache helps.

Then again , if you are already getting 500fps in csgo , does it really matter if you're latency bound? Cpus are so fast these days that few if any games will see a appreciable increases in performance that result in an objectively "better" experience, we are at the point where even a $50 athlon 200ge provides playable framerates (~60fps) in games.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  4. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Interesting charts, but the single threaded results are not exactly telling. Which cores are they benching? Does the affinity default to the high power or the high efficiency when you just throw one thread at it? How does the scheduler determine which one to run a given task on?

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Assuming this is windows 11 that supports alder lake, the scheduler communicates directly to hardware on the CPU which tells it where to put a single threaded load(best core)

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    lol.. I mean if it was benching (if these are even real) the high efficiency cores then AMD is totally ******.

7. TakesBeer

TakesBeer Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    finally using big/little architecture together with a good scheduler and making use of crap is known to the vendors, yaaaay :>

8. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Must be tested pre- chipset update released friday. Show me an upgraded test with new win 11 drivers. I call BS on this as a PR stunt

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    There are a lot of Alderlake CPUs out there in different hands, from motherboard manufacturers to reviewers under NDA. Its due out soon, Nov 4. No leaks have shown weak results to throw doubt on the other leaks. So less chance of this being BS than the real deal.

10. Why_Me

Why_Me Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC 8800GT 512
    https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i5-11600K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B08X67YZBL/
    Intel Core i5-11600K $259.99

cucaulay malkin likes this.

11. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
  12. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Because 5600x is the 6 core King @only65 watts!....everybody wants to dethrone the current King especially in the business world...if the new 12600k can really outperform the 5600x without breaking a sweat and running cool on air it will be a winner!

However, if it's a hot little b**** that eats up electricity!....{insert personal opinion here}?

all modern processors are equal at 4K....finding a graphics card at a decent price to run 4K is a different story.

I know most of you fellas are PC enthusiast with top-of-the-line equipment but I got to tell you my little GTX 1060 blows away my Xbox One!....fluid gameplay @1080

I can play all Far Cry games an they look great!....it might not be 100fps but it ain't much under 60 with bombs going off!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Agonist, Undying and Valken like this.
  13. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    cucaulay malkin, kanenas and Airbud like this.
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well said bud. I see you are still happy with that sandy bridge legend.

Agonist, Valken and Airbud like this.
  15. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    I'm going to start a thread about upgrading Blues!....I love this 2600k and there is a 8700k at my feet with a fresh install of Windows 10 on a solid state drive!...fresh and fast!

But I love this one!....when I can afford a new graphics card then I will swap.

You know what us budget gamers need right now is a 3050Ti for $150 duck bones!

Remember the HD 5770!

16. ender79

ender79 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 ~ 1455 Mhz
    As we know Intel next Gen core is a 6 wide core VS 4 wide AMD and pseudo 5 wide previous generation Intel processors not to mentions some of upcoming cpus also will have efficiency core.

So yes, I think these benchmarks are pretty accurate and I expect a big jump in performance for Intel 12xx series

17. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    View attachment 7560
    you may wanna take a look at actual in-game fps/wat vs 10600K

people like to take 5600x and 10600k fps results and then extrapolate the power efficiency by using stress test power draw numbers where avx absolutely ruins it.
    in games they're neck to neck,with 10600K winning a few triple A's both in performance and in efficiency.
    no doubt 5600x is the best six core,but 10600KF is pretty much the same and the price difference is massive.
    From consumer's standpoint,it's amd that need to lower prices in the first place,before intel catches up with the product.It's 40% price premium now,and it's actually much lower than it's been thoroughout this year.

0600KF.png

Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland.png

Why_Me and nizzen like this.