Farcry 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, May 28, 2021.

1. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    How much time will it take you to grow up and understand not to project your personal values onto others. My game looks awesome without texture problems, is smooth without stutters or freezes and i love the story background of a revolution against a charming villain perfectly portraited by a great actor.
    I really enjoy this game. So stop wasting your precious time trying to tell ppl they have a problem.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Disable the HD texture pack. Even a 3080Ti isn't enough for it as i saw stutters/low-res textures at 1440P. 16GB of VRAM is required in order to enable the HD texture pack, unless they reduced it via a patch.

3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    weird.
    it's a copy paste,like every other ubisoft game.except for division games,maybe.
    I can't even finish valhalla cause it feels like playing the same mission over and over again.
    that is the reason why I'm not touching wd legion atm.I know after the initial charm is gone I'd get the same feeling.
    fc6 is just the opposite of fresh.it's tedious and graphically far behind the latest.among ubisoft's games,it's actually the worst as far as selling the same thing over and over.

im not projecting my personal values wtf lol
    it's a fact that some people like cheesy stuff. that's it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    alanm and aufkrawall2 like this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Lol instead of fixing it , you continue with another level, by describing someone as cheesy hahahaha...u re asking for it mate

darrensimmons and eGGroLLiO like this.

5. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    So...no screenshots?!

6. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    for what exactly ?
    this franchise is getting stale,just like most ubisoft ones.this one especially tho since ac had a sort of a series reboot with origins/odyssey.
    the ones I liked (fc3,wd2,ac odyssey) are being recycled in new locations.this isn't really an isolated opinion,there are 3x as many unfavorable reviews on metacritic.

7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It is not just recycled, but also done badly in case of FC6. It literally jumps at you how zero thought was put into most fundamental things like enemy and open world progression. It's a new low even for Ubisoft.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  8. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    there is zero surprise in fc games anymore.that is my main complaint.
    when am I going to have fun playing it then.

fc3 was so much fun not because it was extremely polished,it was fun because the idea behind it was fresh.it was unpredictable.the formula has been changed.

now it's just a new location and new characters but the whole game feels stale like a seven year old macdonalds bun.

Shataan and Maddness like this.
  9. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Well all I can say is.....it's great fun in co-op. Playing with my son having a great laugh. Only problem? It's way to easy for 2 players, hopefully they patch in a higher difficulty.

DocStr4ngelove, XenthorX and Maddness like this.
  10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Yeah I played FC4 with my son and it was a blast.

11. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Thanks for the reply.You may have missed the description in my post,also the video.
    Started this video from desktop,to show it is not HD Textures that are a problem with loading textures in this game.I have my own opinion on why it happens but it is not up to me to fix.All I can do is report the problem to ubisoft and maybe share with people in threADS LIKE THESE THAT JUST DO NOT SEE IT,TO RUIN THERE DAY. opps hit caps button.

Check textures on weapons after 1 change of weapon to handgun.

12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Yup, my thoughts exactly. Its a Far Cry game, and I'm okay with that...

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  13. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Great Game!...Little GTX 1060

Optimized Setting For GTX 1060 6GB

Undying and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  14. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Aye, it's way too easy even in solo imo. When i play with my bro we kinda make up for it trying it in complete stealth (until we f*ck it up).

darrensimmons likes this.
  15. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I understand where you are coming from, which is my main deterrence from buying the game.

I have not enjoyed a Far Cry game for quite sometime, but I am slightly biased as I'm more into MP games. I think people just get quite defensive or might take your words the wrong way (which is fine as we are all human). Just like me trying to defend BF 2042. That thread is just full of people re-posting youtube videos which are negative based on a beta and people even claim the game looks the same as BF4 in terms of graphics which I find hilarious. This is just an example, not trying to de-rail or call people out.

For AC I didn't enjoy Valhalla as much as I did Odyssey or Origins and before that the last one I really enjoyed was Unity (a much hated opinion). Simply because they really brought something new (for me). I mean Paris in Unity looked and still looks absolutely amazing and the new more dense crowd system really added to the atmosphere of a living and breathing city.

Far Cry does deliver on the characters and this one no doubt delivers as the main "bad guy" is played by a great actor and from what I have seen he has a great backstory.

I think like others have said here, you'll find the most fun out of an Far Cry game when playing in co-op as the sandbox really starts to open up at that point and show even more possibilities.

Most franchises are a money grab (even Battlefield and COD titles). We had an amazing BF1 then everyone got disappointed by BFV and as for COD, the new black ops is not to my liking, but COD MW 2019 was and is fresh and a great game that people enjoy.

CP2077 may have a compelling story and look fresh, but that is only when it works as intended ;).

Airbud likes this.

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    There is nothing to fix. He is totally right about what he wrote regarding the game. But hey, to each their own.

17. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    that is why im still holding off playing it

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    He is right, but what made me laugh is calling the other guy cheesy

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I agree on what u said, but yes it has to be said, bf 2042 looks a lot like bf4, its not even better than star wars battlefront from 2016, bf1 looks better even if u look at the assets

20. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Cucaulay Malkin, dare you to go in the FIFA forums and tell them they've been buying the same game for nth amount of years..:eek::D