Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Because you don't have a compatible monitor? It's not meant for gaming, you have to have a compatible display.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    OBS bug fixed finally, apparently.

Can anyone confirm? I'll reinstall OBS (and this driver) if yes.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    lol

also @X7007 having none of those issues with Win 10 on any 21.9 series driver FWIW.

4. dumbie

dumbie Member

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    @X7007 @AMDMatt I have the same issue when switching HDR using both RGB 4:4:4 or YCbCr 4:4:4, going back to driver 21.8.2 everything works just fine.

I'm currently using a LG 48CX as monitor and have the issue on Windows 10 and 11, I also put the 6900XT in a different system (cpu unfortunately died on me) and still have the issue after this.

On my end the issue seems to be a bit random, sometimes I can switch HDR a couple times in a row but when I try to switch it again later on it will give me the no signal issue and need to force power off my PC.

Already submitted a bug report using the bug report tool a couple weeks back but haven't heard anything yet.

Edit: LG CX Firmware 4.30.10 seems to have fixed the no signal issue with this driver.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021

5. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Two questions, does switching from windows 10 to windows 11 a big leap, meaning is it really necessary?
    Second question, does using Adrenalin 21.10.2 allow us to play that Quake game rtx features?

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Performance is the same coming from w10 to w11 and no you cant enable rt features with 21.10.2 atleast not on windows.

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  7. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.282 to Beta and Release Preview Channels

Undying likes this.
  8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    oh. hype for nothing :) talking about switching to windows 11. I'm using radeon pro drivers, so no point in changing drivers atm. Thanks.

Undying likes this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    SebastianDI likes this.
  10. Dozeball

Dozeball Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Rx 480 Nitro+
    This version keeps crashing after random periods of time, with no activity and no overclocks. Not running Win 11, latest build Win 10. The last crash which made me roll back to 10.1 was watching a youtube video with hardware acceleration turned off.

itpro likes this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Still had no crashes in desktop or games. I have my card overclocked using windows 11.

12. Dozeball

Dozeball Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Rx 480 Nitro+
    Apparently you're still using an RX580, the same way that I'm apparently using a non-existant 480 Nitro+....Someone needs to look into that, but regardless, I was previously running Windows 11, then stupidly decided to enrol in the dev channel which kept stuffing up any access to the Radeon software, so I clean installed the latest Windows 10 from the Microsoft website and the first thing I did was download the latest drivers from amd.com which was 2021.10.2...Worked for a while until GTA 5 crashed, so I restored defaults in Radeon software which worked until I exited the game (less than an hour), only to have Chrome (hardware-acceleration disabled) crash while I'm watching a movie, which in turn caused me to power cycle my system, and the symptoms were the same: I could click on the start menu and it would appear, but nothing would happen if I clicked on anything else....If I tried to bring up the AMD software, I'd get a slightly opaque window with the 'Not Responding' pop-up.

itpro likes this.
  13. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    VRAM downclocking works fine for me with dual monitor setup (1080p@60hz and 1080p@144hz)
    But video playback still causes VRAM clocks to max.
    Happens with Chrome and Edge.
    Edge is a bit better, resizing the player frame drops down the clocks from 2000Mhz to 1500Mhz, still way too much.

I can have a game running in background with 30fps cap and the VRAM clocks down to ~500Mhz but playing back a video needs 2000Mhz?

Maybe it has something to do with some workarounds chrome is using? (chrome://gpu)
    Someone knows how to disable these?

itpro likes this.
  14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Why it's not compatible? LG OLED CX is not?

Somehow it happened only once! after the Install I change the settings straight with no restart from YCbCr 444 to RGB FULL and it happened, but after a restart, HDR works fine. I'm still testing.

If it will happen once again I'll update and will revert to 21.8.2. We can't upgrade drivers for long every time, some things are staying bugged forever.

EDIT : Still freaking happens. I played games, watched AMD HDR MKV Movies, and as soon I tried to enable OS HDR from the toggle it would freeze, and after RESET CASE Button HDR would be still Enabled on the Log In screen and on the OS HDR Toggle. THERE IS A SERIOUS BUG THAT CAUSING SOME DISPLAY INPUT LOSE.

AMD FIX THIS CRAP. I sent them like 10 Bug Reports.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    itpro likes this.
  15. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    itpro, HD64G and Undying like this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  17. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    The W11 support basically turns on fTPM in the bios menu. Before it was set to off in the default settings.

itpro, HD64G, GSDragoon and 2 others like this.
  18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Does anyone know why with the Lastest LG OLED CX55 DV in Mass Effect Andromeda and NFS Heat using the new 04.30.10 firmware DV@120 it shows only half screen? @60 it works fine.

[​IMG]

19. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    I am talking about the throughput and not the latency. Still not fixed in the build that will go public. W11 is a joke like each and every MS system in the first few months.

itpro, SebastianDI and Direfield like this.
  20. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    I no longer experience this issue since I updated the firmware on my LG CX OLED a couple of days ago. LG released a new update. @X7007 @dumbie

dumbie, itpro and PrEzi like this.