Covid vaccination experiences

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AsiJu, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  2. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
    Already got the two doses of Sinovac.
    The first one I started feeling wobbly about 30 minutes after the vaccine, went to work and started feeling a headache that only worsened with time. The arm I got the jab didn't hurt but the other one did, a lot. Pretty weird.
    The next day I got the worst headache I've ever felt in my life. I couldn't see ANY light or the pain would flare up instantly. Ibuprofen did nothing.

The day after everything was ok.
    The second shot I didn't feel much at all, except for, again, the OTHER arm being sore.

AsiJu and Mufflore like this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Second shot of Pfizer received minutes ago.

Now we play the waiting game :)

EDIT: so far so good, just a slightly sore arm at jab spot.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Airbud, Mufflore and Maddness like this.
  4. LethalManBoob

LethalManBoob Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080
    I wont be getting it.
    I rather dislike the idea of anti body dependent enhancement and prion disease.

itpro, FlawleZ and -Tj- like this.

5. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    It looks like you dislike reading more than anything else, this is a thread for the vaccination injection experience. Please do not derail this subject more than it is/has been.

Airbud and AuerX like this.
  6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I've been outside every day and I'm not taking an experimental drug/vaccine before it has gone through years of trials.

kanej2007, itpro and Serotonin like this.
  7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I rather dislike the idea of false information being spread. There's 0 evidence that's possible from the vaccine in humans, any concerns were because of possibilities in rats as far as ADE goes... as for prions... LOL, no I'm not wasting my breath on that. We can reverse aging in rats with drugs that have little to no effect on humans, doesn't mean we have immortality drugs for humans, what can be done to them doesn't apply 1:1 to us.

All these boogeyman apocalyptic supposedly based on science tales about the vaccine are all hilariously false if you dig deep enough and don't believe the guy posting random crap on Facebook. But what do I know, I'm just a guy with a background in science, I'd have to be a Facebook Karen for people to believe me.

Anyway, that's as far as derailment in this thread goes. Either post about vaccine experiences here or don't post here.

AuerX, CalculuS, AlmondMan and 4 others like this.
  8. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I got the Moderna. I am not going to be a victim of Darwin's Law.

Airbud likes this.
  9. DrDoU

DrDoU Guest

GPU:
    power color rx6800
    covid-19 in january along with the wife what a wonder time that was- NOT.
    first shot left arm next day i felt like i had arthritis left side of body. and the shot felt like they used a nail to give it. next day no problems
    2nd shot right arm next day headaches from hell,sick kind. next day felt fine. throw my mask in the garbage can.

Airbud likes this.
  10. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Good man, but You can still catch it and spread it, keep wearing your mask in public!

AuerX and AlmondMan like this.

11. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Had my first shot of Moderna in late July. My left arm was very sore like a bad punch for a full week. This might've been because I was not properly relaxed in my arm when I got it. In the afternoon I had a slight burning sensation in my skin on the same arm, but that went away after about 30 minutes. Felt nothing else.
    When I had the second shot in late August, I was told to relax in the arm properly and the pain went away after just 1 day.
    I had no other effects, no fever, aches, tiredness or otherwise.

My girlfriend had a shot of Pfizer in early September - she's pregnant and the advice here was to not give the vaccine to pregnant or breastfeeding women, this was changed in August to recommend it. She had the same sore arm, but it went away after about a day. No other side effects, she's having the second shot next week.

Still getting tested when going to any larger gathering, and getting a test a few days after having gone to a concert or the cinema.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I finally got my first shot after far too many delays due to red tape. It was pfizer, no side effects thankfully. My parents revaccinated with Pfizer shots last month, mom just had a fever for one day after the second dose but no issues otherwise. They previously had sinocrap.

Airbud and big ROBOT bill like this.
  13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  14. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    had 2 doses of Astra Zeneca and a Booster of Pfizer my first jab got very tired and aching arm 2 jab got aching arm and booster aching arm

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Got 2nd shot on 10/5/2021 of Pfizer

Again my arm felt like it was slugged but beyond no other effects

big ROBOT bill likes this.

16. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Had my second shot of Pfizer and the family had there's too. I had a sore arm, headache and general aches and pain in muscles and joints. A couple of days later and feel good as gold.

Airbud and big ROBOT bill like this.
  17. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Got Moderna / finished two doses. Got really sick for about 72 hrs but then was fine / just had some arm soreness after the second shot.

Personally, I'm pro vax/am vaccinated, but I'm not sure I'm on board with making the covid vaccine mandatory under penalty of losing your job and being denied services.

Now, I say that but it depends right? It depends on the severity of a given disease I would think -- so, if a new virus emerges that kills 5-10% of the people it infects then you better believe I'd be on board with a mandate, but according to the CDC / their article looking at 14 states I read recently we're looking at a hospitalization rate (not death rate) which is a fraction of 1% for the most high risk group (obese/old/additional underlying condition).

I'm not a medical expert, maybe I'm not qualified to make such a statement, but intuitively this maybe doesn't seem severe enough to warrant a mandate with such hefty penalties. So, I'm not saying covid's no big deal, I recommend people get vaccinated, but at the same time if you're not old and/or obese and if you don't have another relevant underlying condition your odds of being hospitalized appear very low -- this is why I think so many people don't seem to be too bothered.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    Airbud and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Got my 3rd Pfizer booster recently. Only to find that it doesnt do much vs omicron after a few weeks. But not too concerned about that.

Have feeling omicron may be a blessing in disguise. Since it has many spike protein mutations which make it nearly impervious to vaccines and boosters, THAT in itself, may make it the ultimate natural vaccine. In that it could generate antibodies to many other mutations of the virus that may come along.

If after several months, we start to notice that those previously infected with it are no longer getting reinfected by other variants of the virus, this could be the good news we've been waiting for.

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Got my 3rd booster shot a few weeks ago. Hard to say what kind of effect it had on me as I was already ill with something anyway (no I didn't do a test as we have got to the point of stupidity with this, it had all the hall marks of a cold so I am calling it a cold) I also got it at the same time as my flu shot so yeah interesting results.

20. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    had my booster too, don't get why not do a free test though? its protecting others, not just yourself.