3080ti crashing problems. Please advise.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Mr_Alexander, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I will stop with experiments for now till I get new mobo and CPU. My crashes are not that often so I can live with that for couple more months. I will post results after. Just waiting for new processors come out. Maybe will go water cool CPU too.

Thank you very very much to all you Guru3D members for your patients, advices and support.

CrazY_Milojko and endbase like this.
  2. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Is it still crashing on the new ssd though?

3. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
  4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Alder supports both, so need to wait to see how the board partners react to this, some will have both support some just ddr4.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Mainboard will be the deciding factor as ddr5 has pins in different spot

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    TheDigitalJedi and DannyD like this.
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I just remembered there is something else you can try,

Go to uefi AI tweaker and by DIGI+ power control try

cpu loadline calibration: level 8
    vrm spread spectrum - disabled
    cpu power phase control - extreme
    cpu current capability 130%
    Dram current capability 120%
    Dram power phase control - optimized

and by cpu power management,

check if it's Cpu C states @ auto

7. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Thank you. Will try today after work.

-Tj- likes this.
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Any luck?

9. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I did. Unfortunately did not help. Still got desktop crash in an hour. Have feeling I need new CPU and Mobo. My processor is 8 yeas old. I guess it is time for upgrade anyway. Today will install new SSD. Came yesterday. Very exited about Alder Lake. Cant wait to upgrade. It should be big step up I think comparing to what I have now. Once again thank you for all your suggestions though. Will try new SSD after work and report back.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  10. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Installed new SSD fresh Windows but still got blue screen. It is OK. Now I have tried everything except CPU and Mobo which will do later this year.
    Now I have another thing with new SSD and my Mobo. I have to open new thread in SSD section if I do not find answer in google.

DannyD likes this.

11. Wooof

Wooof Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 TI
    Hello,

Just found this thread. I have been trying to fix exactly the same issue I am having with the same card. I don't get any blue screen issues just crashing to desktop or black screen. I feel i tried everything, funny enough few days before i installed gigabyte 3080 ti i had palit 3080ti gaming pro, and it worked great with no issues for few days. As soon as I changed gpu to gigabyte all crashes started.
    I returned Palit card as they only offer 1 year warranty in UK and temps were quite high, now I also RMA-ed gigabyte card. Just had test results from Scan UK and gpu doesn't crash on their setup. These cards are just rubbish i think.
    I have brand new psu and motherboard that worked just fine with palit card.

12. Ross Buckenham

Ross Buckenham Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080ti

I just made an account to say, EXACT same thing happened with me, except my 3080ti is just the Nvidia founders card, and sending it back to scan had no help whatsoever, "it's working in our pc for 4 hours so it must be my pc" they won't give me a replacement because mine "works fine"

all my other components are under 3 years old and worked with many many other GPUs but apparently, it's still my issue, if this keeps up I'm certain I'll have to drive 200 Miles to see scan in person and hand them my card...

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its working in their pc so its yours thats the problem.

14. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Bad psu? bad house wiring?

Cave Waverider likes this.
  15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I just wanted to mention to NEVER use this setting for anyone else reading this suggestion.

Very bad idea to have 100mv overshoots during transient responses.
    I guess if you like dead hardware try it out lol

iNerd likes this.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    On old asus it didnt. And i had that mobo for a looong time and besides auto set it to llc8.

Also anything lower and it would cause instability unless you put higher cpuv back then.

17. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I see people still reading this thread. I did not want to post till I get new mobo and CPU but it not easy to get right now. I mean Alder Lake.

Anyway. This is what I did last. After trying PSU, Memory and new SSD I decided to open RMA ticket with Gygabyte to rule out my GPU.
    I got an approval and send them my card. In the RMA status it was first received then checking and finally was posted that conclusion.
    "No trouble found after tests with multiple configuration."
    After that I got my card back. Surprisingly the whole process was painless and it took all together 4 weeks. Could be faster if it was not Thanksgiving holidays.
    I am still playing and sometimes I can go for hours without a crash and sometimes two in a raw the moment game menu loaded.

Anyway. Just waiting for my new build and will post update later.

Maddness likes this.
  18. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    sounds like a cpu after all. i mean i dont know what was worst experience for me the new 3000 rtx series from gigabyte or every radeon i had in test (6700/6800/6800xt/6900xt) and if i had any issues with a reloads only because of cpu boosting too high in a lightweight tasks (single core like when 1/2 core peaked too high). i was reading this thread at the beginning and i am really surpriced that you still have this issue. all firmwares up2date? mobo/cpu/gpu? when you startup your pc after a crash what do you see under system event log? what did caused the bluescreen or crash?

19. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I get crashes to desktop. No blue screens anymore. I will try and post screenshots of event log.

I just installed another game. Sniper Ghost Warrior 3. I get desktop crash in about 15 to 20 minutes. However when I turned VSYNC ON in game I can play for hours without a crash.

20. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    ehm....
    sorry if i missed or havent read aall of the messages but can you, please, once again show us / me your desktop components and important your monitor? exact model / vendor?
    Thanks.