Rumor: Is NVIDIA working on a GeForce RTX 3090 Super with 21 Gbps memory and a TGP of 450W?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 26, 2021.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I think this is just being prepared to sour Intel's release of Arc on Q1. If Arc is bad, I don't see anything happening, but they seem to be confident in an interesting way.

2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Ive gone for a 6900xt instead, scores very well in the games i play most

3. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    The rate Nvidia is going we will be needing 1.21 Jigawatts very soon! Someone call Doc quickly.

Silva likes this.
  4. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    The 3070Ti 16gb should make a great value mining card. Can't wait to see pictures of pallets of them in a miner's garage and $1500+ on ebay.

Silva likes this.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    I still have vacant W... lol
    But will i buy again one of those GPU? I don't think so. The gap in price from medium-high end and those are too much compared to the power of GPU.
    Also i am more "green" (not in NVidia way) since i see the moutain and the sea in front of me each morning at breakfast.
    Those GPU are a waste of energy.

Silva likes this.
  6. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    People that do not need ti ask for prices aren't swapping videocards, they probably have better hobbies.

7. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    The 1000W XOC BIOS has been available for a long time, 3090 owners have been going to town with it.

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I do understand the intent of your comment, but on the other hand, there's no replacement for games if you like games. You might say MS Flight Simulator is a replacement for real flying if that's not an option for you, like it's not for 99.99% of humans, but for a vast selection of games, there's nothing you could do in RL that would be the same, yet better. Starting a real war won't replace a strategy game. There's absolutely nothing that would replace a medieval fantasy RPG. You'd just die if you tried to replace an FPS game with real life action. The richest people can only barely pay their way into the space, and it won't be much of a trip, so it hardly replaces a space simulator.

People don't play games just because it's everything they can do or can afford to do. There's plenty of things cheaper than games you can do on your spare time as well.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I personally wouldn't use that though, fast lane to failing gpu. 480 watts limit is plenty.

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Well we live in the same country, and i bought my 3090 for 12500 dkk at launch from proshop... so a year ago... so cheaper than the 3080 ti is now :)

11. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Up to 520W is probably fine for watercooled 3090, for air-cooled maybe 390W before fan noise become excessive.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Depends on your model... the 3090 strix is fine on air at 480 watts.

13. Kevin cobley

Kevin cobley Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3070
    Yet another phoney launch of a non-exsistant card, when it ever comes you will have to donate 20 years of your life to Jensen.

14. Kevin cobley

Kevin cobley Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3070
    Never thought I'd be waiting for the day for INTEL to enter the card market.

Silva likes this.
  15. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Spoiler alert: they will not make a difference in 2022.

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Why do people who can afford top end hardware get such a hard time on forums, maybe somebody doesnt need the extra couple of FPS with a top end card but the same is true for cars, boats, houses anything. People spend their cash how they want, whether they actually have that money or dont physically have it.
    If you are a smoker in the UK, and smoke a packet a day, thats over £5000 a year, so £2000 on a Graphics card doesn't seem like a bad deal ha ha ha

bobnewels, Mineria and Krizby like this.
  17. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Yes, we need Intel and we also need 3DFX to come back as a single company without Nvidia

18. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    before going full on water cooling and stuff my money went into a track ready car costing me roughly 2-3k/year since I stopped doing that and have a more reasonable car now so that money is in part going toward pc, well was...because thanks to the silicon crisis congrats a single gpu is now more expensive than the 2700$ cat-back exhaust I never bought because that was too much

sad times :/ I brought that exhaust price often in the last years as a reminder that PC wasn't the most expensive hobby out there but now I can't because a gpu alone is more :mad:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    Silva likes this.
  19. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    For me it's because when ppl still buy at these prices it sets the new standard for price and prices out everyone at the low to mid range personally I can't buy any thing right now for the same money I got my gtx 1080 so I've been holding onto it I only payed about 600$ cad which worked out to about 450usd what can u buy today for that price? The very lowest end card if u can even get one is something like 800$ cad which I just can't justify but ppl keep buying so I can't.

20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    So the 3080/3080 are going to continue with 10/12Gbs while lower cards get more memory??? Seems a strange move for me...

Not that it matters with the current prices anyway...