help my bios(uefi) settings for my 2600x are not applied at startup

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by DM789, Sep 20, 2021.

1. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    last edit :
    case closed. i accidentally changed my oc mode to auto. probably when i change my ram to 32GB. i was using 16GB before. it is a recent change. only about 3 months i think.

i did not noticed that i changed my OC mode to auto.

thanks to Truder for making me check my bios again. was about to sleep. but can't help but wanting to check the bios again.

and it's true.

i did not noticed this. because i very rarely change anything on my bios.

edit :
    forgot to put in my current configuration.

ryzen 5 2600x
    asrock x470 taichi
    team ddr4 32GB 3200mhz
    nvme 512gb
    cougar 750w gold psu.
    win 10 pro 64 bit.

edit 2 :
    my win 10 is a fresh install, because a few months ago. it suddenly got corrupted for no reason.

i haven't been using ryzen master for more than a year. because i thought that uefi are enough.

uefi settings that i use are either of these 2 :
    - 3600mhz and 1.11875v
    - 4000mhz and 1.1875v

while the settings that was applied automatically on startup is :
    - 4100mhz and 1.45v

edit 3 :
    forgot to mention that weirdly my RAM settings on UEFI stays the same. so i think there is something inside win 10. that told my 2600x to always ran at 4100mhz and 1.45v

edit 4 :
    i tried using the reset function. on ryzen master. it asked for a restart of windows. and after window restart....
    the clock that was set are now 4150mhz with 1.45v and sometimes more than 1.45v.

original :
    i just notice this recently after i reinstalled ryzen master.

it's that my 2600x doesn't ran at my uefi configuration.

but instead it ran at 4100mhz and using 1.45v.

i need help on fixing this. so that windows loads my uefi setttings.

for now the only fix is by using ryzen master at startup and then applying the same settings that i have on my uefi.

oh and also if i close ryzen master. it will revert back to 4100mhz and 1.45v. and i think it stays constantly at that clock and voltage.

the thing is at launching ryzen master. it will tell us our current clock and voltage. and it's always at that 4100mhz and 1.45v...

i did not notice this. because i haven't been using ryzen master for a long time. about a year.
    so no idea when this bug started.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Wild shot, replace your CMOS battery on the mainboard. Might be that it doesn't save the settings any more because the battery's done.

3. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    if that's the case. then when i entered uefi. it won't retain my settings there.

but my settings stays the same. and i think this is a win 10 bug.

edit :
    that's why i need either a fix. or a workaround to solve this. so that it uses my uefi settings.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    Have you tried using the reset button in Ryzen Master? It sounds like it is applying settings at windows start and overriding your BIOS settings. I think CCleaner can also remove any applied settings, but I haven't tried.

5. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    nope it wasn't ryzen master settings that was applied. because the settings that i choose is between 3600mhz and 1.118v

and 4000mhz and 1.18v

so it's not ryzen master settings that was applied.

and this is a fresh install of win 10.
    because a couple of months ago. my win 10 got corrupted for no reason.

and like i wrote above. i haven't been using ryzen master for more than a year.

because at that time, i decided that i don't really need ryzen master.

and also when i close ryzen master. the clock and voltage went back to 4100 and 1.45v.

i think there is something inside win 10 that changes my clock and voltage settings.

6. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    i tried using reset. and the clock are now 4150mhz and 1.45v and now it quite often increase more than 1.45v luckily not yet into 1.46v.

and i need to let ryzen master to always ran in background. otherwise it will revert back to that 4150 and 1.45v+

i also posted the result on my first post in this thread.

7. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Do you have any "Game mode" or any such features?

Is Overclock mode set to auto or manual? I reckon it's a setting that has been overlooked somewhere in your bios.

DM789 likes this.
  8. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    everything is set to default. except for the clock speed and the voltage on my bios.

and also except for ram.

i don't think there is any OC mode on my bios.

and the settings been the same for years. i bought this 2600x and the mobo a few months after it launched.

i did not change anything. nor did anyone else. because i am the only one using this pc.

will look into it tomorrow. it is midnight right now. but i never saw any auto oc mode or such.

and like i said the settings on the bios been the same for years. and it did not behave like this before.

i did not realize it behave like this. because i haven't been using any thing like ryzen master that allows me to see my cpu clock and voltage for more than a year.

it wasn't like this before.

9. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Then oc mode is set to auto and you're observing default boost behaviour

DM789 likes this.
  10. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    case closed. it seems i accidentally pressed change on OC mode and accidentally changed it to auto. without me noticing.

probably when i changed my RAM. a few months ago i changed my ram to 32GB 3200mhz. i was using 16GB of ram. i forgot the speed of the ram.

and it was probably when i set the ram speed so that it changed to 3200mhz.

no idea it was changed. because i did not noticed it. because like i said. i haven't changed it for years.

and i was only using either of those 2 speed. but i left it at 3600mhz for years. because i don't feel the need to go faster.

because i quit playing most games. i only played mostly anno 1800 for more than a year now...

Truder likes this.