Windows 11 Insider Builds

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by WhiskeyOmega, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    False

Microsoft said "May Not" they never said "Won't"

It is against everyones best interests to not push cumulative updates for users on unsupported cpu's, because microsoft knows damn the entire w10 user base will end up on 11 one way or another regardless of the cpu capabilities (also the cluey users will know where to obtain and how to apply MSU and CAB packages anyway)

ramthegamer likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Honestly @ramthegamer if your only intent is wanting Windows 11 support don't jump onto something new before knowing more... microsoft is being very cryptic in what they are saying, wait for it to release properly... unless of course you just want new stuff regardless of what OS you will be using.

ramthegamer likes this.
  3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Have they fixed the sluggish UI?

4. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Windows 11 Insider Preview 22458.1000 is release for Dev Channel.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...ncing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22458/

No New Build release yet for Beta Channel.

What is New? - Nothing
    I not sure why Microsoft Highlight "We added a link to the sign-in options under the power menu on Start." This feature is there since 22449.1000.

Bugs
    Taskbar icon alignment not center is still there.

[​IMG]

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that new start menu is just ugly worse then windows 8 atlest win 10 look nice

6. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    How to Properly Setup VMware Virtual Machine for Windows 11 for continue received Windows Update Officially.

Some of you may notice you no longer can Windows Update to latest Dev Channel 22458.1000 as Microsoft also checking now for Virtual Machine (VM).
    To overcome this, you need to reconfigure your VMware setting for now and future Windows Update Officially.
    • Choose UEFI and Tick Enable Secure Boot.
    • Encryption the Access Control.
    • Added in Trusted Platform Module (TPM).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You will notice your TPM 2.0 manufacturer by VMW is Ready after enable all 3 necessary requirement for VMware.
    [​IMG]

Windows 11 will run perfectly fine as long your CPU is in Windows 11 supported list and you turn on TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot at your VMware Workstation.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    To be honest, i like the new design UI better than all the previous windows.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  8. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Beta Channel - 22000.194 is released!

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...g-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22000-194/

What is New
    • Snipping Tool, Calculator, and Clock with Focus Sessions! (This is New if you are pure Beta Channel user, it is the same for user joining Dev Channel before).

What is Not Fixed Yet
    • Sadly Right Click under Single Click bugs fixed in Dev Channel did not bring over to Beta Channel. This bugs still around.
    • Predictable the pop-up message at Taskbar still simply pop-up here and there. :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  9. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    microsoft store still broken for hebrew
    upload_2021-9-16_20-32-52.png

Attached Files:

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Fixed or Changed in KB5005635 Windows 11 Build 22000.194.
    • Addressed an issue where if you enable then disable a contrasting theme, it would lead to artifacts in title bars, in some cases making the minimize/maximize/close buttons hard to see and use.

• Fixed a crash with certain connected devices that could result in not being able to use Bluetooth.

• Mitigated an issue that was resulting in subtitles not appearing when expected in certain apps, particularly Japanese language subtitles.

• Fixed an issue that was causing certain PCs to bug check during modern standby.
    • Mitigated an issue when typing with certain 3rd party IMEs into the search box in Settings that could result in the candidate window being rendered elsewhere on-screen (not attached to the search box) and/or characters inserted into the search box not displaying.

• We fixed an issue that causes PowerShell to create an infinite number of child directories. This issue occurs when you use the PowerShell Move-Item command to move a directory to one of its children. As a result, the volume fills up and the system stops responding.

• This build includes a change that aligns the enforcement of the Windows 11 system requirements on Virtual Machines (VMs) to be the same as it is for physical PCs. Previously created VMs running Insider Preview builds may not update to the latest preview builds. In Hyper-V, VMs need to be created as a Generation 2 VM. For more details on the Windows 11 system requirements — see this blog post here.

Horus-Anhur likes this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    To each there own to me it bland and generic looking UI that looks like mobile interface to lots wasted space cause lots extra padding that is not needed, I dont have to worry about though pc dont support win 11 and probably never will and will be 3 more years before i bother to do new pc build, maybe price will stop being stupid in the at time frame

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I genuinely thought I was going cross eyed!

Mine seems to be off set to the right hand side.
    Untitled.jpg

13. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Yup this is major issue in Dev Channel build highlight by Microsoft and not fix yet.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  14. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Havel and DanielRX like this.

16. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
  17. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Passus likes this.
  18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    2 more weeks!

Waiting for the final ISO to format my system.

Hopefully sooner than 5 october.

19. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Andrewtst likes this.
  20. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    So windows 11 is ready to install and play games, all games that work on windows 10 and windows 7 , older xp games and software? etc etc.