Nvidia would plan to release GeForce RTX 2060 variant with 12GB memory

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Unless you mine, absolutely no card out there is worth the price right now. Some people still end up paying the price. I hope I won't need to. It's just my opinion, but arguing about which scalper price is better is just pitiful. It's like two concentration camp prisoners discussing if a piece of mouldy bread is better than a cup of rancip soup, both of which are the scraps the guards threw at them.

Venix and Truder like this.
  2. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    And what good is performance if visual quality is sacrificed, once again I explained that one of the key problems I have with DLSS is when it introduces smearing artifacts, and let me expand, it's very noticeable on twitchy/sudden movements, particularly in shooters.. I can see DLSS being very useful in slower paced games or scenes with a lot of crowded details with little movement and the technology is great at getting rid of aliasing but the fundamental issue and deal breaker is the artifacts/smearing it introduces. This has been my criticism about DLSS from the beginning. with my original post in addition to acknowledging that it can bring improvements, most notably in static scenes.

Why do you continue to categorically ignore this criticism? Oh wait it's because I have an AMD card... Totally being biased right?

Indeed, right now, the best card is the one you can get sadly :(

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  3. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    And I just told you there are solution to the smearing problem already (using newer DLSS version 2.2), yet you willfully ignored because you had some bad experience with earlier version of DLSS, so yeah...:rolleyes:...biased.

watch at 12:00 min in.

I don't think you fully understand what you just said, litterally every single graphical setting is perf/visual tradeoff and none of them just give you free 50% FPS for almost no visual downgrade like DLSS :cool:

4. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Allow me to demonstrate my so called bias... Here is an example where I notice issues straight away and Hilbert has kindly recorded footage too.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/f1_2021_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,7.html

Where are the issues? Look at the wheels/tyres, there is a peculiar haloing on in inside of the wheels and dancing at the "corners" of the wheels that keeps occurring, it's not present in the non-RT/DLSS video. This is one of those things that keeps on being distracting, like as if there is vram corruption occurring.

Once again, I ask you, why can you not accept that some people do not like DLSS and are able to notice issues quite easily? Can you just accept that I and others don't like DLSS and move on?

5. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    no you don't lol I played control and wolfenstein and it was way sharper in motion than traditional AA,got rid of motion flicker that you get with current AA implementations beautifully too.
    there are good,mediocre and great dlss implementations,you're just throwing everything into one basket cause you heard one iteration of dlss having problems in one or two particular cases.typical bias stuff.

Im glad you're holding nvidia to such high standards that every single graphical artifact outweighs all the benefits.

maybe stop watching crap channels that used to do the work but now they prefer to earn clicks on biased commentary and see some actual footage from a reputable site.

at 1080p dlss performance absolutely crushes native/native+taa in terms of static/motion quality.and yet you're gonna whine about people who call it more than upscaling.

6. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    I just watched and couldn't see any smearing associated with DLSS that I know off LMAO, so you are prone to notice something else entirely o_O, maybe the ray traced reflections make it look different to you?

Yeah the RT Reflections reflect the white lights on the wheels LOL, it looks static and fake without RT.

7. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I looked for some sample footage of the issues I experienced with control and people tend to refer to it as ghosting, if 2.2 has greatly improved on this then it's a benefit to everyone of course, still ruined the experience though.

It's probably a good thing you don't see it then, allows you to enjoy it. Look at the top left and top right of the left and right wheels respectively, you'll see it. And if you look on the inside of the wheels (next to the brakes as they glow).

8. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    They are RT Reflections, the reflections are static on the video without RT and it looks very fake, in this case RT reflections give you the feeling that the car is moving at very fast speed LMAO.

Looks like the wheels are not even spinning without RT :rolleyes:. You just find something very nice about RT reflections LMAO

9. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    If you say so... :rolleyes:

And the haloing near the brakes? Unless it's meant to be heat haze...

At this point, I won't continue this discussion, you're dead set in the idea that DLSS is perfect in its implementation and it's not without any faults so, since you're happy with it, you continue to enjoy it.

I'm happy without it, this is what matters most and probably what we should all agree on.

10. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    i watched it several times,can't see what you are seeing for my life.

but like I said,it's good that you hold nvidia to such high standards that a halo that you see inside a wheel deems the technology and the cards experience breaking.

6700xt has none of that so you're not gonna see dlss artifacts,or any form of raytracing in most games for that matter.

Krizby likes this.

11. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Fortunately, I'm not interested in RT and see it more of a gimmick at the moment with most games using the technology to apply gloss paint to every surface (I'm being sacastic). Honestly it's of on interest so no loss there.

12. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    once again,you're throwing everything about the technology into one trash bin.
    you're just not interested in benefits if all you can talk about is downsides.
    that's fine,but it's not even close to an objective perspective.

and how is ray tracing a gimmick ? rasterization is a gimmick,evertyhing about this has to be faked.the reflections,the shadows,the ao,the GI.

Krizby likes this.
  13. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Noice...spending 600+quids on something that can't even play game at highest settings below 4K and it's not even the best price/perf mid range GPU, must be nice living in a bubble :D

14. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    It was less than the 3060ti at the time and by your own posts, has the same performance at 4k. Will you give up on this pettiness already

15. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    3060ti can't play 1440p rt native either.
    but it's got a good way to imitate the resolution detail and takes a significantly lower hit from ray tracing.it's not priced as high as 3070 too.

Truder likes this.

16. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    AMD's RT games are easy to run and Nvidia's RT games come with DLSS, kinda hard to push 3060Ti into unplayable territory at 1440p.
    I get less FPS at 4K with my 3090 compare to 3060Ti at 1440p and every single RT game is playable so far.

17. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    that is what im saying.
    if you are brand-agnostic it's a win/win,it has you covered on both ends,and happens to cost less too.

https://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/cpf1440.png

rasterized,console-quality RT,hq pc rt with dlss - does everything either as good or better and costs less.
    why even debate anything then.
    it's fine for you to lock yourself out of options,but like I said,it's personal and doesn't take the whole picture in consideration.

18. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Still it take someone with cognitive dissonance to even try justifying RDNA2 though :D.

"RT takes too much FPS for so little visual impact"
    "DLSS gives so much FPS for so little visual impact, but it's gaming breaking experience"
    "Price/Perf is king, but only when AMD is on top o_O"
    "Power efficiency matters the most, but only when AMD is on top"
    "Future proofing is very important, despite my RDNA2 can't even play today games at highest settings"

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You are trying too hard at this point just let it go.

Venix and Krizby like this.
  20. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Nah it's has been fun
    dissapointed.jpg

Mineria likes this.