Dying Light 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Whiplashwang, Jun 11, 2018.

1. And new gameplay trailer...

2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    best way to play dl1 was to drop it to medium and lock 120fps ulmb.
    dxr is cool and we can appreciate it in the future when we can both the ray tracing and the framerate,but not on current gen.

3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Don't really care about newer graphics, although I do admit that outside looks much better with RTX than without. Its just that I don't think the fps is worth the tradeoff.

Either way, the new parkour moves looked interesting. I'm also interested to see if they changed the gear system in some way, I wasn't a big fan of limited repairs and I would like to see having some other pieces, like armor. I also hope that they smoothed out difficulty curve. In first one it was pretty difficult at the beginning, but became really easy by the mid-game, all due to available perks.

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I agree with you. The tech is not ready yet.
    Performance suffers too much when turning on RTX. And the visual gains are not significant enough to justify the huge performance drop.

5. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    not for a parkour game

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I can imagine rtx3070 maxing out the game with rt/dlss and 1440p no problem.

7. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    me too
    but for dl1 i preferred motion clarity over smoothness,although max+pcss looked gorgeous
    nothing beat running this at 1440p with locked 120Hz ulmb though because how cool running around town was

8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I think we are saying the same thing.
    That RTX is not worth it.

9. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    not this type of game

10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Dying Light 2 delayed till Feb 4th 2022

[​IMG]

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What is this like second or third delay?

12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
  13. I hope this won't end up as another Cyberpunk/Anthem. Covid or not...multiple delays are always sign of development issues and I was looking forward to this tbh.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Stay safe and stay human.

Fits the times doesn't it?

15. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It's sign of exactly that lol.
    To be honest, i'm 99% sure that if it wasn't for CP jumping out of running train cart before DL, Techland would've done the same hoping that they can mend a leaky ship mid sail - just ship it and the gamers will swallow everything.
    Only after CP, gaming companies got a wake up call that hard earned reputation goes up in smoke within blink of an eye so they're now trying to salvage a severely mismanaged project (not the first one as well, given Hellraid is deader than ever and its existing iteration was recycled as weird DLC for first Dying Light to recouperate the sunken costs).

Both Techland and CDPR display same upper management issues of "polish school of management" that's symptomatic to any polish company created in the wild early 90's, where they assume that if the company has survived this far then they must be great leaders and the company and their team/product must be truly special.
    This an approach which famously works until it does not but by the time you run into the "hasn't worked this time" part, you're usually in pretty deep crap.

16. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Game certainly looks like it has potential. loved that you can run and jump and swing on things in the world. Will make a nice change instead of just running everywhere. I really hope they keep this possible like in the release videos. Just don't limit it to only a hand full of things in the world.

17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    That is a very big delay just for "polishing and tuning", smells like something more foul is afoot...

18. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I bet they saw the backlash with CDPR and CP2077, and decided to delay the game, instead of risking a similar outcome.

Maddness likes this.
  19. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    doesn't strike me as a bad thing. so far the only train wreck i expect is Vampire Bloodlines 2 with all the things that happened over there.

Dying Light 2 still looks promising.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    A zombie maybe?

haha