Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Use link on firstpage.

Relive edition doesn't mean all gpu have relive feature.

chris89 likes this.
  2. 1333333331

1333333331 New Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Hey, how are you?
    Looking forward to next release as I have dual booted stripped win 11 and 10 and can post some benchmarks comparing current drivers and next version.

I currently have 21.Q3.1 V3 WDDM 3.0 on Windows 11 and 21.8.2 V3 on Windows 10 if you are interested.

DragonMaster95 and D1stRU3T0R like this.
  3. DaRican50

DaRican50 Member

GPU:
    RX 5700XT
    Question. If possibly can be looked into. Can the "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" be added from the final 20.5.1 version release? I've been looking into it and it's currently available for Nvidia but not AMD in Windows "Graphics Settings". Not sure if it's a DLL or a part of Windows etc but requires WDDM 2.7 and higher as well as Windows 2004 and later. Please kindly let me know keep up the great work as always! https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-5-1-ghs-beta

D1stRU3T0R likes this.
  4. DaRican50

DaRican50 Member

GPU:
    RX 5700XT
    Video here showing it's potential benefit.

5. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Yes it possible, but not from dll. It's from main kernel driver called amdkmdag.sys which is bad idea.
    Of course, i'm interested. Because RX 6800 alone got benefits fron WDDM 3.0. I see Aussie YT reviews Navi 2, a major performance improvement using wddm 3.0 on windows 11

6. DragonMaster95

DragonMaster95 Member

GPU:
    Vega 5
    id love to see these results, im planning on switching to windows 11 myself once its officially out and amd has a non uwp wddm 3.0 driver..

7. fiftydinar

fiftydinar Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6600 8GB
    What would be interesting to test is WDDM 2.7 on Windows 10 vs WDDM 2.7 on Windows 11. I will test it when the official Windows 11 gets in the way with HD 7970.

8. Zyll Goliat

Zyll Goliat Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    FYI ...Something weird happens with 21.8.2....after week or so I am getting again same message that DX 10 is missing when I tried to play War Thunder even If I did hot fix last time....so I figure if I just install that package before actual driver installation....and I did that and it worked tho' I guess in a week or so it will happen again...

9. kalima

kalima Member Guru

GPU:
    RX7900XTX/RX6800M
    21.9.1 out, driver is now based on wddm 3.0 branch.

Zyll Goliat and D1stRU3T0R like this.
  10. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Do you have cleaner utility like Wise Disk Cleaner, CCleaner, or something? Never cleaning DriverStore files, it will break WHQL Parser functionality

modding in progress..

Fafnyr, Foxthehuman, kalima and 4 others like this.

11. Zyll Goliat

Zyll Goliat Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Hmm...yes I believe I do....but I didn't have this issue with previous driver versions...only 21.8.2 from some reason....

12. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    You beat me to it

@mylipho15 can you somehow mod the HAGS from being only NAVI RX 5xxx to be compatible with the Polaris+ GPUs/drivers?

13. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Probably not a good idea to mod in an untested feature to an older arch that was never intended to support such feature, you may end up with negative performance

MarkasDaemon and kalima like this.
  14. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Same thing applied for SAM, and look how good it works even on GCN 3 cards.

15. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    By Sam you mean rebar, which is a PCIE feature set and is pretty agnostic and technically requires very little in terms of adding support. HAGS on the other hand requires quite a bit of driver support along with OS support and it's not as simple as just modding it in and thinking it will be the same. I do enjoy rebar/Sam but that's totally different than hags and hags is already pretty half baked why try to half bake it further

16. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    Hags support is also compiled into the driver DLL which the OP isn't modding, he mods registry settings and other settings along with deodxing and such But there isn't a way to force in HAGS without the drivers DLL package source code

17. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Remember when they said SAM requires BIOS update and only after it will work? Also, HAGS is a windows thing, I'm not saying it doesn't need GPU driver support, but it's something that Windows had since 2004 version, and as OP said, it's a matter of amdkmdfpjabduwjabdkajw whatever, which he wouldn't port since the version from 20.5.1 was old. Well, not now.

Tiago Muller likes this.
  18. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6600 XT
    How's the modding going for 21.9.1? any ETA?

19. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Planned released next day, currently testing with TPM and Secure Boot Enabled.

20. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6600 XT
    Awesome, thanks for the update mate. Cheers.