510.06 Cuda Beta Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sapo_joe, Sep 2, 2021.

1. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I've just installed the latest drivers on two gaming machines and the lag on nvcp is greatly reduced these days. (max 1 sec.
    least for me.

XantaX likes this.
  2. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Instead of getting personal you could say where to get the file from a trusted source.

Sajittarius and Mineria like this.
  3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Just for info, setting digital vibrancy doesn't work when using HDR with this version.

4. Tantawi

Tantawi Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX3070
    Placebo.

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    You got nvme and a well oiled system?

6. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    XantaX, AQUILES and DannyD like this.
  7. Tantawi

Tantawi Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX3070
    Yes, 980 Pro, 3900x, 64GB RAM and it is exactly as slow as it has been for the past years.

lukas_1987_dion and DannyD like this.
  8. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3090
    I am old enough to remember I didn’t know I had to install a driver for my Voodoo cards on windows 98.

Gander on prev nvidia control panel. Was going to add the windows 98 version where nvidia and Ati panel looked the same and it was all on one panel, but could not find.

Attached Files:

evgenim, Noisiv and DannyD like this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    nvcp looks the same as any other windows, no need to add more fancy stuff, the only thing they need is to add an "advanced" option so it can display things that are only available in nvidia inspector (with a proper warning), just like amd had with his oc settings back in catalyst.

DannyD and zig11727 like this.
  10. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Count me among those who like the current nvidia control panel. It is simple, intuitive, clear, and just works.

XantaX and DannyD like this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Can you point out any settings that need clearer descriptions?

9.20 is not an update over 9.19, the difference was just the sha256 vs sha1 signatures.

9.21 is an update, many of the files got a binary version increase and have clearly been built from source (where 9.20 was not vs 9.19?)

The batman issue was an uncaught exception in game code that was being caught in cuda runtime for earlier and latter familes but was lost for the pascal family, a physx update has no impact on the condition.

I'll check in a moment but i believe this is just the PhysX folder from this package replacing the one in the 9.20 one, both are completely nvidia sha256 signed

It is not, i'll do just that and put up a package.

Done:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...7878665296/PhysX-9.21.0713-SystemSoftware.zip

Apart from having newer runtime builds, this package also has removed a stray cudart32_90 file that wasn't referenced in the nvi of 9.20 (and was never installed)

The file creation dates predate the fix checkin.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    mirh, Darren Hodgson and Mineria like this.
  12. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Same. You don't really have the use the NVCP for any significant amount of time unless there is an issue with your setup/install, so why spend effort on something that already works good enough?

DannyD likes this.
  13. frytom

frytom Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090
    I did some observations within CONTROL: The latency within the cinematic scenes seems being reduced significantly. No more visible lagging between video and audio.

Further gaming@4K: SOTTR, RDR2 (Vulkan), Horizon Zero Dawn - no problems.

14. Algis

Algis Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Screen not resumes after Screen turn off. Only System restart put's Screen on. :(
    ASUS DUAL RTX 3060 Ti OC

kurtextrem likes this.
  15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Until it just doesn't because it's missing features which are present in what competition offers.

They really should do at least three things - and FAST cause timing on updating this thing is getting rather ridiculous at this point:

A. Expose all features which the driver has in the CP. Things like SGSS and DSR >4x should not be hidden behind 3rd party tools which may not even work with future drivers.

B. Update the CP UI to modern Windows UI. Get rid of loads of wasted space, make use of better controls, get the thing to look like it's from XXI century and run like it's not written in Java.

C. Add all features which can be configured on the fly to the GFE overlay and break GFE into components so that a user may choose what to install from it instead of installing all GFE at once. Potentially get rid of the login while doing so if all a user wants is the overlay to control things like AF and sharpening while a game is running.

16. frytom

frytom Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090
    In addition to #55

Why not add a button, which enables Resize-BAR for all apps, if the user wants to whitelist all apps, like AMD is doing. Give us the max. customizable choices at our hands easy done via a modern NVCP, why we have to rely on 3rd party software???

dr_rus likes this.
  17. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    And not just a global toggle like with AMD, but also per profile. All the infrastructure is already there, it's just wasted potential by not offering it in the control panel.

dr_rus likes this.
  18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    If you tweakers want to start doing your thang then do it with your own tweaking software.

19. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It's quite slow. I can't remember the last time it really felt responsive and not kind of clunky, regardless of the computer specs.

dr_rus likes this.
  20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    That are some serious hits right on the nail.
    Current NVCP is pretty much about to be dated and misses options that should be a native implementation instead of being limited to 3rth party applications.
    I also agree on that there is wasted space and why does the settings part insist on staying with limited space with a scrollbar when the CP windows is made larger or get's maximized? It should take the space that it is given.
    Also after making several changes to the settings and then clicking apply it still behaves like some poorly written script, current version has always been clunky when it comes to that part.

As for GFE, I would also like that end users could save their own custom settings pr. game instead of getting hammered by Nvidia recommended settings, fine if those work for some but I rarely found them to be precisely tuned for my GPU's and resolution, besides that it is pretty annoying that it keeps nagging me to use DSR upscaling for some games, even had it automatically apply DSR globally with automatic optimization disabled.
    It's fine if Nvidia has recommendations that can be used as a guideline, but please stop claiming that these settings are optimized, since that is far from the truth.

Actually, if GFE would contain the NVCP parts, have it's profiles more user controlled and didn't require a login it could beat NVCP and even AMD's CP by miles.

@ManuelG
    I hope you are reading this, because I think it's about time that the developers in charge get a poke or two.