Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Aug 25, 2021.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-21-8-2-driver-download.html

Support For
    • Myst: Up to 6% increase in performance in Myst @ 4K Medium settings with Raytracing enabled, using Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 on the 16GB Radeon RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.8.1.
    • Aliens: Fireteam Elite
    Fixed Issues
    • Users may experience difficulties ending a recording session on Open Broadcaster Software when recording in H265/HEVC codec on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 6800 XT.
    • While playing F1 2021 in Split Screen mode, image corruption may be observed on one of the players' screens.
    • Radeon software application may become unresponsive when some users attempt to launch the application.
    • While playing Control using DirectX 12, users may observe corrupt light rays on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 6600 XT.
    • Upgrading to the latest Radeon graphics driver may cause the auto update feature on Ryzen Master to stop working.
    Known Issues
    • Open Broadcaster Software may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
    • Visual artifacts in PAYDAY 2 may be observed during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 6800 XT.
    • AMD is investigating a black screen issue that may be experienced while playing Myst or Kingshunt on some Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics products. A temporary workaround is to disable Performance Metrics Overlay or Radeon Image Sharpening in Radeon Software.
    • Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics.
    • Radeon Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX 11 games such as PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
    • Playing Horizon Zero Dawn for an extended period may lead to a driver timeout or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 6700 XT.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2021
  2. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D a year's bug and counting, it's posted since 20.8.3 at least. AMD IS THE BEST!

Romulus_ut3, GSDragoon, Rambo and 2 others like this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It will never get fixed. Do someone really use enchanced sync? Its useless if you have framerate limiter anyway.

HK-1, Direfield and itpro like this.
  4. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Well they should remove it from next release, because it is there for a full year. My comment was just a reminder, of how copy paste masters do exist in Radeon team.

GSDragoon and Undying like this.

5. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    I wait for this fix :
    -Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics.

olymind1, Direfield and billy64 like this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Do you stream and play simultineously? Becouse previous deiver also mentioned it in the know issues.

That said gaming only there is no issues with rx500 series. Im still on 21.7.2.

HD64G likes this.
  7. billy64

billy64 New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 590 8GB
    Nope, it is a widely known issue that happens while you just browse, or watching youtube, or play some games (like AC Origins/Odyssey) and NOT simultaneously streaming at the same time. I don't know why AMD list this issue as only "playing a game AND streaming". I've read a lot of threads, and found no messages about "gaming AND streaming" driver timeout errors (I don't claim there weren't any). Personally, I had to use old 20.12.1 driver just to play AC games, I was able to finish Origins without a single crash, while on 21.7.2 and 21.8.1 both games were crashing constanly when I was just moving camera in specific directions in game.

olymind1 likes this.
  8. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Still haven’t fixed Wreckfest artefacts or even acknowledged in the known issues section. Guess it’s time to fill out another bug report.

Exostenza and billy64 like this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Didnt get a single crash since 21.5.1 which ware awful i must admit. In the mean time finished days gone, serious sam 4 and played diablo 2R and 7 days to die and star citizen without any issues.

I always say make sure card is stable in the first place before blaming on the drivers.

Kuss and HD64G like this.
  10. billy64

billy64 New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 590 8GB
    It is stable, I had constant crashes only in AC games, and many other users too, there are a lot of messages that every new drivers since 20.3.1 are causing random crashes in desktop applications and specifically in AC games. A lot of us had to revert to older drivers just to be able to play the game without these annoying timeout errors. I completed Origins with 20.12.1 without a single driver crash, but reverting to a quite old driver is hardly a solution.

Undying likes this.

11. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Just booted up Wreckfest since the graphical update a while ago and I can see that all the foliage is hilarious 2d cardboard cutouts while everything else looks fine. Is this the same issue you are talking about?

Also, are you reporting it as display corruption or incorrect software functionality? I am leaning towards the latter.

12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Yes. It has been like that since 21.7.2. Disappointed that they haven't even acknowledged it in the Known Issues. It just discourages me from even filing a bug report...again.

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Agreed!!!
    The very time it's actually prudent to remove a driver feature it's Enhance Sync.

GSDragoon and itpro like this.
  14. empilein

empilein New Member

GPU:
    AMD Rx580 8gb
    Anyone else had Texture Corruption on COD M on Bluestacks 4 or 5 with these drivers?
    The last one when it was working fine for me was 21.5.2, but even Windows update Forces already a newer driver install here. Would be happy for any suggestions

CrushPenguin likes this.
  15. HD64G

HD64G Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireRX6750ΧΤ
    Enhanced sync is a great feature that doesn't work perfectly well in all cases but help with lower latency and diminishes screen tearing for many games. So, why to disable such a feature? In AMD's shoes, I would just blacklist it for the games that doesn't pair well to enhanced sync and that's it.

Kuss, P.O.N., Agonist and 2 others like this.

16. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    After installing these drivers Windows 10 updated to a different AMD GPU driver and now I have lost the control panel. Anyone else got this issue?

17. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Disable automatic driver updates via Windows Update :rolleyes:

Also, being a member of Insider program isn't always a good deal

Anyway, can someone please post a screenshot with components versions from Radeon Settings with 21.8.2? Thx in advance

18. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    It's occasionally useful. I used it myself 3 times just this year, lol.

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is a OpenGL 1.5 game. Can't force Vsync neither from in-game, driver or RivaTunner. Using Enhanced Sync did the trick.
    Prey 2006 is limited to 62 or 63 fps (OpenGL 2.0 game). If you force Vsync, the input lag is horrendous. If you don't use Vsync, tearing is horrendous. Enhanced Sync removes 99% of tearing while keeping low input lag
    Quake 4: Enhanced Sync to the rescue again. Played it for the first time this year at 90 fps.
    Dead Space 1 and 2 need exterior Vsync, given in-game Vsync limits these games to 30 fps. Driver Vsync doesn't work, Enhanced Vsync does, but DXVK Async also provides higher fps/better frametimes, so I used DXVK instead

Its only use cases seems to be OpenGL games OR games where DXVK can't be used and forcing Vsync either limits fps in-game, enables double buffering in-game or introduces tremendous input lag. ALSO it's useful when you use VSR, to downsample from 1440p/1800p/4K to 1080p and you HAVE TO use Exclusive Fullscreen.

Bonus points: Using HDMI 2.0 on a 1080p 120 Hz monitor, trying to downsample from 4K to 1080p + Vsync actually limits performance to 100 fps on a 120 fps monitor. Enhanced Sync ... doesn't. Neither DXVK for that matter.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Undying and HD64G like this.
  19. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    I pretty much only run with ESync on actually and have not had a single issue

HD64G likes this.
  20. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    21.8.2.jpg

Nothing newer than the UWP driver. The driver reports Win11 as Win10.

Undying, CrazY_Milojko and Krteq like this.