Diablo 2 Resurrected

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by rhazzz, Aug 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhazzz

rhazzz Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
    The Beta is out and RTSS isn't fully working. It runs on game launch and shows FPS and etc. But after couple minutes it disappears.

Unless I'm missing out specific settings? I tried default settings from Low to High, Stealth Mode etc.

RTSS 7.3.2 Beta 2

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Same here. I think it will work when you quit game and start a new one. But it'll disappear again.

One bug I found is that the lightning sorc has an issue where the synergy between charged bolt and lightning doesn't work. putting points into lightning doesn't increase charged bolt damage. Respecced to fire and the synergies between fire bolt and fireball work just fine.

3. rhazzz

rhazzz Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  4. GodLikeDiabl0

GodLikeDiabl0 Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3090
    I have the same issue. OSD goes away after a few mins of gameplay. Need to quit and relaunch the game to bring it back on screen. No toggle on/off hotkey assigned.

i've posted in d2jsp and D2R forum, so far no one knows why.

5. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    you can use /fps in chat to get a fps + ping counter. You won't get your temps etc though, like you would with Afterburner, obviously.

I'm just about done with my fire sorc, hit lvl 22 and killed Duriel. Leaf and Stealth runewords really make it piss easy.

Still not set on what character/build I'll be playing on release. Either Bliz Sorc or take it slow and go paladin. I'm also eyeing up a Javazon build, I really can't decide. I'll probably mess with a Javazon build for the rest of the beta because I've never played Javazon and I want to get a feel for it.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    set on screen display coordinate to frame buffer

See next post

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Hehe, one more restless weekend and money wasted on the game I don't like and will never play. Did some tests, game engine does some really weird stuff: it periodically fully destroys D3D12 swapchain and fully recreates it. It also kills overlay. I have no ideas why it needs to behave this way, probably it is a weird way of "fixing" in-engine resource leaks or restoring after intercepting some soft crashes. Anyway, you may try to create D2R profile template (Game.exe.cfg) with the following contents, it will take care about such weird engine behavior:

[RendererDirect3D12]
    QueueDetection = 1

Most likely such periodic soft engine reset in also performed in WoW, so similar profile for it may help.

Deleted member 164252 likes this.
  8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Doesn't fix the issue.

9. GodLikeDiabl0

GodLikeDiabl0 Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3090
    Thank you Unwinder. Will keep that in mind. My hope is that the official product could have this D3D12 swapchain & resource leaks fixed by the launch date.

In fact I am going to paste your comment to Blizzard forum hopefully the dev could see it. Thank YOU!

10. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I'm glad it's not just me then as I'm experiencing the same issue.

11. Unwinder

Solution is a few post above. But no, we just post “i have the same problem” instead.. I guess I could avoid buying this game and killing weekend on it, nobody reads the forum anyway,…

12. GodLikeDiabl0

GodLikeDiabl0 Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3090
    I read your comment and fixed this overlay issue :) THANK YOU

13. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Overlay works now, but the HotkeyHandler plugin setting a frame cap doesn't work anymore in this game.

14. Unwinder

Unreal, learn how to use it properly. Plugin is not working in context of target process.

15. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Okay I just set the frame limit to 60 fps. Still a shame plugins don't do the job.

16. Unwinder

Plugin DOES the job, and I wasted a bit of my EXPENSIVE weekend time on testing it prior to posting the previous reply. That's why I suggested you to learn how it works because it is clearly user error issue. No need to continue it in this thread please.

17. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    I won't even bother with your seethe.

18. Unwinder

I truely wish you to get in my skin and waste HUGE part of your life on PEBCAK issues in non-stop mode instead of just playing the games like you do. Bye.

19. GodLikeDiabl0

GodLikeDiabl0 Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3090
    Unwinder, it worked for the early access beta and 1st day of open beta. for some reason my overlay is disappearing again beginning this morning. I have exactly your setting shown above.

20. Unwinder

You have to live with that. I have my own life, it doesn't consist on dealing with damn Blizzard games only. I cannot live without weekends and in forums only, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.