Auzentech Win10 drivers (X-Fi Forte 7.1)

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by EssCee, Jun 24, 2021.

1. EssCee

EssCee Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Hi folks,

Looking for any info on the current state of play with drivers for this card.
    I know of Daniel_K and his packs, which I tried. But it seems like they don't work with Win10 20H2 and after.
    When installing, it appears the installer does not find the card, or does not register the drivers properly, and after installation the card is not present.

If anyone knows of any workarounds or other trickery I'd appreciate the info.
    Likewise if anyone else has taken up (or is still) providing driver packs for these cards on recent Win10 versions.

It'd be a shame to lose the card, and better for me if I don't have to spend. Trying to use it to replace an ASUS Xonar DX, which keeps losing the right channel and needing re-installation (yes, I sure can pick 'em).

Cheers,
    Stuart

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    disable secure boot.

3. EssCee

EssCee Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Hi Astyanax,

Secure Boot is not enabled.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What you need to do is boot with driver signature enforcement disabled, then install the driver... the driver will install then because the driver does not have a signature, then restart back into normal mode.

If you don't know how to do that here is a guide

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/disable-driver-signature-enforcement/#:~:text=Restart with driver signature enforcement disabled 1 Open,you will be able to install the driver.

I used Daniel_K driver for years with X-fi ExtremeMusic.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the danielk driver has a digital signature, its just not a DEV portal one, so disabling secureboot should be the only need to install third party signed drivers.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I will have to take you're word for it, maybe something has changed since I last used them.. I have no way of testing it now xD

7. EssCee

EssCee Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Hi folks.

I did try that - disabling signing check using bcdedit (shows 'test mode' or similar at bottom right corner), but no joy.
    And Secure Boot is disabled on this system, has been since I built it.

The issue appears to be to do with the Win10 version, as the last pack release was in 2020, and 20H2 came after.

I should add that the card does work if left on the basic MS driver.

8. EssCee

EssCee Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the signature policies are only relevant to a secureboot enabled windows install.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...code-signing-policy--windows-vista-and-later-

with the forte, its likely something else entirely as the support pack has a pre-2015 signature which the kernel policies also accept (for legacy drivers).

190x required creative to make some binary changes and their first attempt at a release had only a Creative sha1 signature which was unuseable by secureboot/uefi configurations (Driver was Code 52 on install), after community advisement, the driver was put through the Microsoft WCK Dev portal and assigned appropriate Sha256 signatures.

Unless DanielK can patch the 2019 driver for the XFI Titaniums to support the Forte, im afraid it won't work on 1903+

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Do the custom PAX drivers work for a Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 ?

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no idea,

i've shot danielk a pm since he was already in touch with me about the XFI Titanium openal issue (sound dropping), so maybe he can fix it with a support pack 6.0 by repurposing the 2019 release.

KissSh0t likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    An updated support pack will be available for the Auzen cards "soon", Daniel is just doing final testing.

13. EssCee

EssCee Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Man, that's awesome news.
    Thanks folks.

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Damn, impressive. My Prelude has been in storage for years because of that. I thought it had its day for drivers.

15. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    ?

I have a Digital-X Mystique which predates the Forte by years (Mystique was the first DDL add in card after Nforce2) and it has been working perfectly fine since 2005.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Mystique is oxygen based.

17. EssCee

EssCee Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
  18. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    All Auzentech cards? Even the CMedia based ones, such as my X-Meridian?

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Oxygen doesn't need custom drivers.

20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Wow! I'll have to dig out my Prelude for the other PC. :D

I was at the point to think 6 months ago it was nothing but a museum piece. Crazy to think that card was from 2007. Saying that my Creative Audigy 2 ZS is in that PC which the card was from 2003. :D