Covid vaccination experiences

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AsiJu, Jun 17, 2021.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    It's not all done in malevolence. People are fed with all these restrictions and just want to live as before.

2. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  3. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I was pleased it went well, absolutely no pain or anything, staff were running in and out giving Olympic updates while we waited out 20 mins :)

Airbud likes this.
  4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    My country was one of the first to go into lockdown, which almost completely killed the community spread. But our Vaccine rate is very slow. They have only just started asking for over 60's to make an appointment. So i'm probably still months away.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  6. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB

Also, Sky News Australia has been banned from YouTube for a week for "misinformation" regarding covid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rflair, Airbud and itpro like this.
  7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    My friend who lives in UK said the same thing.
    It amazes me, how high the infection rate is in the UK, although people are vaccinated.
    My friend also told me about fake vaccination proofs, like people claiming to be vaccinated, but they aren't. I have a hard time believing that. Someone from UK can confirm that is a thing?

8. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    A shot, single or dual, twice a year seems legit for our new way of life! The OS is working fellas! We all got 21H1 inside us, prepare yourselves for 21H2 to be validated. Unless you took the jab on the summer time and you have the right to postpone it until early 2022. Long live the needles!

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yeah it has been reported that the police have stopped and found a few fake full vaccinated certs on people who bought them online for £100 upwards, and i hear for a extra £50 you get a special fake covid exemption from death cert that will guarantee,(or money back on death), that you won't catch covid as you mingle amongst the fully vaccinated population of your country of choice, who will all at some point all catch it, carry and pass it on, so well worth the extra £50 for that peace of mind. lol

Airbud and anticupidon like this.
  10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    A lot of the young and many older people dont give a damn and will party on regardless.
    We are classed as adult from age 18 and can be left to fend for ourselves. This even happens at age 16 given you can be married at that age.
    Most of the young arent vaccinated because its not yet policy, same with a lot of the older party crowd who dont want the vaccine.
    The young are less likely to end up in hospital but they infect a lot of older people who have been vaccinated.
    Its close to 50/50 people in hospital are vaccinated/not vaccinated.
    This shows the vaccines are working otherwise the number of older people in hospital would be through the roof. In total, the numbers in hospital are around 10% of the previous wave atm for the same time frame (and are now dropping, see below).

The government plan this time round is open the country up to get the economy going and improve peoples well being.
    This is possible because we are close to herd immunity and it appears to be working because the number of people catching it week on week has been dropping for around 10 days despite opening up more, and the number of people going into hospital has also just started dropping (its always a week+ behind).
    The advice is to wear masks but its no longer law, and it appears most people want to remain cautious. Yet there are a lot of people who wont wear one.
    Theres still a way to go but the signs are positive in regard to herd immunity working.
    But its stupid to expose yourself to unnecessary risk getting it imo. Even if you dont get covid badly, you might still suffer terrible issues from long covid.
    And you can pass covid to those you care about, you might not forgive yourself or be forgiven.
    Needing extra hospital aftercare right now isnt something you should bank on, they are badly stretched.

Granted the risk is less now but frack me, its still one hell of a risk!
    But so many people have had enough with not living life, they dont care any more. I understand but am keeping a cool head instead.
    Its do or die for them. There have been a lot of suicides because peoples life problems werent resolved in time.

I'm not visiting family or friends until the amount of covid in the wild has reduced substantially.
    It is nice to see things opening up but its not safe yet.

Yep there are fake vaccine certs available.
    This adds to why its still so dangerous.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    AsiJu and anticupidon like this.

11. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    A third shot, wow.
    The mutation count right now is 7 to 8 variants? New variants expected to be breakthrough and possibly leaving the mRNA vaccines useless.
    Covid seems to follow the mutation rate of other corona viri with 2-3 variants appearing every 6 to 8 months.
    If you have any of the underlying comorbidities try and get your physical and mental state in check, you are the people at risk.

DannyD likes this.
  12. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Where are you Maddness?

13. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    I was infected in December, barely even knew it except for a couple of the minor symptoms, wife's was mild as was my kids. I have zero plans to take any of the vaccines nor will my household so no experiences there.

My brother who is a big, fit guy after he took second Moderna one ended up in the emergency room and puking his guts out for two days. His vaccine response was considerably worse than my infection. I'll take my natural immunity, thanks.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    That's why they get Kebab for a jab? grrr ageism :mad: :mad:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  15. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    In New Zealand.

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I'll share an experience.
    The wife of my pharmacist has had her second shot (Astra Seneca) in March.
    She is a fit woman in her 50's. But after the second day after getting her shot, she complained about pains in her lower back and upper abdomen.
    Initially, her GP misdiagnosed her, and when she started to feel really ill, in the emergency they discovered heavy trombosis and an mild stroke and an pulmonar embolism.
    She survived, she's almost recovered by now.

Those facts puzzled her husband and he starts to make tests, analyze and interpret logically every data available.
    One, she was a smoker, her BP was higher that average women in her age
    Her potassium levels were depleted, her veins and arteries were stiff.
    Also, deficiency in trace minerals and vitamins D, E , and all B spectrum.

Why all this? Because you may look "healthy and fit" but things are so wildly different and unknown on the inside.

Because we tend to oversimplify and think in absolutes.
    Person X is strong and fit. If X person had a vaccine shot and felt I'll, the vaccine is what caused it all. Nothing to say about some details that we tend to overlook and pass as "normal"?

How many that were in the ICU since the virus started were diagnosed with diabetes, high BP and all sorts of illness that we ignore or tend to deny?

AsiJu likes this.
  17. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Yeah me too, just had my first one, nice and easy, no pain no side effects, a bikkie at the end :)

Maddness likes this.
  18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    From what I saw...

There are terrible effects from covid and some from the jab.
    Each time they assess a vaccine they also assess which age group(s) it will give the best effect in, resulting in some vaccines falling out of use with younger age groups, also reducing how many jabs are available.
    Earlier studies found most children do not suffer problems from the vaccine, changing the balance of risk in favour of not putting in place a jab policy, except for the vulnerable.
    Also it wasnt believed school children would cause a large problem passing it on.

The consequence of this has been youngsters feeling they are invulnerable and wont need to jab.
    Since then, more studies found long covid is still quite a strong issue in the young plus other health issues, especially with the Delta variant.
    And the young are found to be a strong link in why it has continued spreading fast.

Our government recently offered young the jab because there is need.
    But research showed many young will refuse the vaccine when offered leaving the government with a dilemma because they will not make the vaccine mandatory.
    And with schools closed for the next 2 months (Summer hols) its important to have as many as possible vaccinated before schools restart as that is sure to not help.
    So the current method is to offer a bonus.
    There are other reasons they might want to take it, numerous organisations associated with mass gatherings are refusing entry unless double jabbed, ranging from pubs/night clubs to large outdoor events. Some reasons why arent known but I think it may have something to do with getting insurance.
    (There is the possibility some businesses/events may be required by law but with a huge uproar about personal freedom it may never happen.)
    Unfortunately this is causing an increase in fake vaccine certificates.

Noisiv likes this.
  19. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Myself, I gave the jab 7 months to “wait and see” if any severe side effects would surface being as it was an emergency solution and has never been FDA approved. My wife and I now have had our first jab. It appears that the pros out weigh the cons. Sure, there are the small percentages of adverse reactions that even approved medicines have. We look at it as it can not hurt and more than likely will help. This is still an individual decision and nobody should belittle anyone for their choice. We all know the drill, wear mask, stay home and wait it out as Mother Nature culls the herd.

Mufflore likes this.
  20. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    ?....check your math buddy....:D

love you Muff!....:D