Windows 11 Insider Builds

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by WhiskeyOmega, Jun 16, 2021.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    They won't. They are missing RT, VRS, mesh shaders and sampler feedback all of which are h/w features required for FL12_2 (aka DX12U).
    GeForce 20 series will support it though.

DanielRX likes this.
  2. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Screenshot 2021-07-28 225016.jpg
    Clean install show no longer Dev build

germz1986 likes this.
  3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Well i guess it will be down to developers and whether they are prepared to lose money.

Not many got amd 6000 series or turing or ampere cards

If they want their money back they will need to use vulkan or normal dx12 or even dx11

4. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    i supose without thing around RT is no DX12 ultimate, RX5xxx (RDNA1)funcionality is similar like Pascal GPU...

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I found an issue with SMT due to differing power plans/settings in the classic vs. new setiings. The new one was set to "high performance", the regular one was set to balanced.
    Setting both to balanced fixed the issue for me.
    Boosts to 5GHz and full GPU utilization.

6. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
  7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    How hell windows realse an beta with all this bugs especicaly contex menu in hebrew? lol with same build 100 i was thinking this weekend be new build

8. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    because...its....beta?

9. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    yes but at least they do another build for dev chanel

10. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    The only thing I hate about win11 is the new context menu. It's very annoying and ugly imo :/

Passus likes this.

11. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    The context menu design is stupid. Especially with the "show more options" button. Like why the unneeded change to access options that were just there in previous Windows context menus. As much as the GUI is smoother and feels more modern than what Microsoft tried to do with Windows 8/8.1 and 10, there are a lot changes that don't make sense or just super too over simplified from previous Windows versions.

12. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Microsoft is hellbent on making windows as nice and smooth as possible for tablets. That's great, but instead of having some sort of option during install or whatever, they're just changing stuff and expecting that PC users deal with it.
    Even a simple "use classic context menu" option would be fine.

I also miss being able to have a 100% black taskbar like in win10 :/

Passus likes this.
  13. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I dont really like the GUI either

And the installer starts like an android system and looks gash on a monitor

Anyways as my rx 5700 will not support dx12 ultimate i will most likely stay on win 10 for a few years till the 5700 gives up the ghost

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I don't really care about the GUI. It works, it seems to be a different approach here and there, no problem. I've seen changes in the GUI since 3.11 and as long as I can still do what I want to do, I'll adapt.

15. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Speaking of tablets, I will say at least it's not as bad as the hybrid ecosystem that they tried to do with Windows 8/8.1. Still centering the start button leaves so much wasted space. If they're going to let you center the start button, they should also allow you to pin icons to the left. Also having to revert to still using the classic control panel to access all power options? At this point those should have moved to settings.

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Power plans get broken after a game demands some CPU while loading in, as example the Power Saver plan stops downclocking from turbo to default with Zen 3 when the system is idle.
    Side effect after it bugs out is that it adds unneeded higher CPU temperatures while gaming.
    After that happens there is no way back, the power plan just sticks to max frequency 24/7.
    So ended up with another restore back to Windows 10.

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Did you check both power setting options? When they're set differently, the system might act in a weird way (at least mine did).

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it doesn't matter what Balanced is set to vs Performance, the system doesn't automatically alternate between them, anything to do with max or min states are specific to the power plan.

19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I have a bug that when waking up my monitor. start menu doesnt respond. I have to restart the start menu process.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    No, I meant something different. On my system, there's the system control panel and the settings you'd find after clicking the gear logo.
    Searching for "energy", there are two places to set how the machine is supposed to react.
    On my machine, the control panel had the power savings plan selected that I had intended to use. The other one though, the one Win10 doesn't have, was set to "high performance".
    This, on my system, led to the fact that I couldn't get any meaningful GPU utilization with SMT turned on. CPU boost was gone also.
    After setting both to "balanced", I was able to use SMT again while maintaining full GPU usage and regular CPU boost values.