AIO water cooling unit for RTX 3090/3080 with 360mm radiator from Alphacool

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 29, 2021.

1. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    exactly, and of course better OC

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm a little surprised that they're the same board since when I saw them they looked so different. The components are different, IIRC they're so different that it wouldn't be surprising if the plate won't fit; I would think they'd advertise it for both if it really did fit both

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    With the Watercool front/backplate (which is not active), I am getting max 72C mem hotspot on the VRAM of the 3090, even though it's at +800MHz.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Triple fans, damn.
    What kind of case are people using nowadays?! I can barely fit a dual fan AIO for my CPU cooling.

5. Shoonay

Shoonay Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Sorry for OT but is there an AIO for Ventus 3X 3070? I saw the waterblock alone from Alphacool but I'm new to watercooling and scared... only this week got the Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 360 and it's great for current hot temps but even though I can plug an extra waterblock I'm scared and would rather want an AIO solution for the time being.

6. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    I was referring to the ASUS ROG Strix 3080 OC I have in my system, sorry but I have no experience with AMD cards. Great news if the additional $130 for the EK block is cost effective for the 6800XT. I am unlikely to want/need to replace my 3080 for 4 years.

7. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    For the 6800XT? I believe the additional OC (1935 MHz) you can apply via the ASUS OC programme basically maxes the Strix 3080 OC? Yes, water-cooling can achieve better cooling for GPU's v air-cooling and if the fans for the AIO radiator are quiet ones, quieter cooling as well. There doesn't appear to be a lot of spare OC headroom left in most of the highest spec custom cards (from what I've read in HH's & other reviewer's tests).

8. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    it doesn't mean you don't try. and when you do open loop trying is half of the fun. plus, if your clocks aren't that great Silicon Lottery stories aren't much different than fish stories

Agonist likes this.
  9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

I was just saying in general. Not replace your card with what I have.