Review: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 22, 2021.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Do elaborate.

2. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    They work?!?

Especially all of mine. And OC great too. Besting the results of any benchmark I have seen from stock from anywhere online.

3. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    My dog can not afford a 3000 Series card.... Now that should be obvious....

And yeah one must have patience for what they want in life.

rdmetz and cucaulay malkin like this.
  4. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Either way I say. Just got to try to find out meow.

5. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    They also clearly have major design flaws.

6. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Here's another opinion based off of what. One game and a handful of individuals who obviously had some things messed up in the mix?

So are you going to go on a tangent about how the water block issue and the 3090s what's up something other than aftermarket design flaws?

I'm telling you from real life experience of products I own. What are you going off of other than your opinion and or the interweb?!?

I guess you're just with the ones that have issues with getting a hold of something and have a distinct distaste in their mouth?

That's a question not a statement and or opinion...

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Think i had 3 or 4 cards from EVGA, never had an issue with any of them except that the GTX 770 which I still have is in need of a termal grease replacement.

As for the mentioned game and broken cards, it's not only cards from EVGA that blew something, besides that they actually got fuses on their boards which most probably make the cards work again once replaced, although they might take a good look at the caps and VRM's on them boards, could be that someone sold some components that doesn't meet the tolerance spec.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    rdmetz and DeskStar like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    that fuse only blows because something else has failed spectacularly, the boards have a flawed design.

9. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I'd like to see where hundreds of thousands of graphics cards in the wild have "major design flaws" throughout.

And information/source on the aforementioned opinions would be great.

I'm just wondering how for over a year I've never heard anything about any BS other than that of the POS cap issue immediately after launch. Of which was a mistake on particular boards getting out into the wild...

So yeah please if you have a source I'd love to read about it.

And yeah fuses are usually there to blow in case something happens out of the norm.

Each power trace has their own 20amp fuse.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Because you're oblivious?

Rev 0 ftw3's were being killed by MCC and league late last and early this year.

If you have a card pulling 80w from pcie, its on borrowed time.

11. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    I'm a bit oblivious too, where has all this been documented?
    What kind of # of damaged GPU's are we talking about here?

DeskStar likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://forums.evga.com/

search term "red light"

chispy likes this.
  13. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Hmh, some issues for sure.

Honestly it seems like just a few cards imo, after you sort thru some of the shitposts in between it all.

Nowhere else than the EVGA forums huh?

DeskStar likes this.
  14. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    evga has had more screw-ups than all other premium brands altogether in the recent years.it's not unsafe to get one from evga,but their record with ftw's is nowhere near that of msi gaming/asus strix cards.

chispy likes this.
  15. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I'm hitting over a hundred on my pci-e slot. Haven't had any issues. And draw over 700 Watts at times in games for hours at a time. Haven't had any issues.

And I do appreciate how you know how people understand and or follow things my being oblivious and all.

I'll keep staying oblivious in my lavishly laughable lifestyle....

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Enjoy the future hole in the motherboard.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  17. rdmetz

rdmetz Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC
    Got mine a couple weeks ago as well evga queue has worked great for me and my friends I just got a friend I promised a 3070ti when my notify came up a 3080 ftw3 ultra because we put a notify in under a different friends account back in October and I already got him a card so he passed it forward.

In total I've gotten close to 20 friends and family cards of the 3080/ti/90 level since launch without MUCH hassle.

Just some decent planning and staying on top of things like new gpu's going into the evga queue.

Early on (the first 10 or so) were all just watching discord notifications and jumping through checkout fast on sites like newegg / Amazon /best buy no bots just things like logged in with all checkout info saved and added to auto fill.

The only thing I ever had to really "remember" was my 3 digit code from the back of my card.

Didn't take more than 1 or 2 times to never forget it.

People complaining about "impossible" are likley just not willing to do any kind of work to get a card. I get that they aren't "shelf ready" but they ARE out there waiting for the people willing to do a bit of work.

I used to quote the thousands of "wins" I've seen on several of the discords I've used but at this point most of them are now only the few hundred same people hanging around grabbing cards / consoles for friends and family as the other 50-100k+ have gotten their stuff and moved on.

DeskStar likes this.
  18. rdmetz

rdmetz Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC
    I know it's too late for most now but the real way to make sure you got a card wasn't to "pick" one.... You put your name down on all of them and decided if and when one came up if you wanted it.

My queue has had 8 cards come through 4 of which I bought and the others I passed on.

Made all my friends who also wanted cards to do the same some early on others a little later but by sharing notify between us whenever someone was looking for a card we could usually get them one.

So far I've personally secured about 20 3080 or higher level gpu's for myself and anyone who wantes a card.

Many who had been wanting a 3060-3070 level card originally and therefor held off is now quote happy to take a 800 dollar 3080 instead.

19. rdmetz

rdmetz Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC
    Eh the multiple discords I'm in with each having 50k+ confirmed "win" posts tells me what I need to know.

Those willing to do some work are coming out successful and those that post in online forums complaining are definitely not.

20. rdmetz

rdmetz Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC
    As a confirmed owner (I can show you my evga profile) of half dozen 3080/ti/90 cards from them I can assure you that they are of good quality.

Having a few cards with issues especially from around a new launch is typical and what really matters (and has kept me personally going back to evga for all my stuff) is the customer service you receive if amd when you do have an issue.

Having dealt with msi Asus Gigabyte and evga customer service over the years there's absolutely a huge difference in my experience with each and only evga would go as far and above to replace the product AHEAD of getting the broken one back and also didn't make me jump through 30 hoops of emails back and forth to get it done.

A simple phone call and Maybe the upload of a invoice and my replacement was on its way.

In addition they e allowed my used products to hold even better value by offering the ability to not only extend but also transfer my warranty to a second owner.

Again all the products have roughly the same "reliability" but only evga does this much more when things are going so smooth.

DeskStar likes this.