Electronic Arts announces Battlefield 2042 | Battlefield Portal Game Creation Sandbox

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    And, lets not forget how restrictive they have been in the past with admin controls on rented servers.

2. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    To be honest there is nothing exciting with this new battlefield, i dont care about old games, no br, so if hazard mode is a wanna be stunt like portal i wont even buy the game

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    To me personally, it just sounds and feels like "we didn't know what to do to make it work for our gamer fan base, so we did nothing, let you work on your own".
    Still not too excited about BF tbh.

4. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    AMEN cheaters are the scourge of online gaming.

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I got excited when we heard the news too. Portal is better than what they've been giving us, I like it, it's all I use in 2042, but overall, it's still crap compared to what they once gave us.

Meanwhile, I just this past month figured out how to play and enjoy ArmA. I can't believe, as a Battlefield fan, I slept so long on that series. I have tried it here and there, but I could never wrap my head around the confusing controls and insta-death after long walks. I went back and played some of ArmA 2, "got it", so to speak, and now I'm sucked into ArmA 3. More to the point, the eden editor it comes with is amazing. I've spent the past week building a level with it. Battlefield had tools/mod support support (sort of) like that way, way back in the beginning and it was glorious.