NVIDIA GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    No audio through HDMI on some boot ups. Need to reboot if there is no audio. RTX 3090 FE to LG OLED48CX. Windows 11 latest dev build.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  3. Bedouille69

Bedouille69 Member

GPU:
    4090 Suprim X
    Hello ManuelG,

Mail sent.

Thanks.

4. Birdy62

Birdy62 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    I tried to reinstall the 471.41 drivers using DDU this time (i usually never use it when i install new drivers, only when i revert to an older one) and it seems to have cure my fps limiter problem..... No other problem to report at the moment...

Cave Waverider likes this.

5. ibizadr

ibizadr Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 (6gb)
    What stutters are you talking? I have some random stutter but I don't think it's driver related I think it's internet/lag. For me It only stutters for half a second and come back to life.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yes, that was with my 2080S, boost goes higher though (1980 MHz), linked video with performance counters below.
    Card is watercooled with a full cover EK Vector Strix block
    [​IMG]

On a side note, there is an issue with GFE that enables DSR x2 globally, not quite sure if and which profile that does it, maybe GRID (2019)?
    I didn't have it set to auto update profiles, but somehow it does something that enables DSR globally, had it happen a few times, EDO was the only game I played in between.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  7. DarkAvatar

DarkAvatar Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    I think you're experiencing the exact same issue that is turning me mad since a week ago (Windows 10 21H1 update).

I find the power of the GPU reaching and staying at its max after 9, sometimes 10 minutes of launching any 3D app that runs in borderless.
    The GPU load stays low, around the ~40%, but the power always stays at its max. It's similar to setting the power management to max performance.

Putting the game to background with the background FPS limited to 20 by drivers lowers the core Mhz from the max to around the half.
    I also noticed that it only happens with Windowed or Borderless games, real Full-Screen DX11 games doesn't trigger this, whatever it is.

My conclusion is that some periodic task of Windows is forcing the game to stay in background, or corrupting the memory, after ~10 minutes.
    After a week i tried everything, even a fresh install of Windows and several Nvidia drivers without success.
    I'm sure that is a communication issue between Windows and Nvidia due to some background Windows task.
    But no clue of which could be, or if Nvidia or Microsoft knows about this.

I'll really appreciate any advice or idea you guys can give, because i tried everything i can think of already.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    just as a ps, nvidia inspector actually has a estimated max boost field.

good, considering the alternative behavior was to drop do low power 3dclocks at 40% and lower this is a good thing.

There is no such task

Cave Waverider likes this.
  9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    First time I ran into that issue, 471.11/22 tagged along nice, keep in mind that this is on Windows 11.
    I use mainly NVCPL standard settings, so the power profile used is the default "Optimal power" for my GPU.
    Also usually limiting fps and display frequency to 60Hz, keeps everything cool and quiet while also being more "stable".
    I play all games that can be played as such in fullscreen, so no idea around borderless/windowed.

I'm back on Window 10 stable now, so will see how 471.44 behaves there. :)

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Reduce texture resolution to normal or low. I had to lower it to low otherwise my 3080 would stutter in 4K.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Thanks, will check that out.

12. DarkAvatar

DarkAvatar Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    Could be something Microsoft introduce for Win 11 and also applied to Win 10 with this update.
    I also cap the FPS to 60 with Nvidia limiter. I've been with the same settings for a loooong time without issues, Optimal power also.

The core frequency variates fine, keeping the 80% GPU load. But after this Win update it goes crazy.
    Everything works the same than before, but after 9 minutes the power goes to the max and stays there until i restart the game.
    Checking your video, you also get the boost to max power around 9 minutes. I can't say exactly when, because the minute 9 was inside the menu without the benchmark UI.

13. DarkAvatar

DarkAvatar Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    Windows task is my first choice because it acts the same than putting the game in background without limiter (G-Sync On).
    Like when you change the volume or some other overlay puts the game in background a few seconds.
    Before the update it happens that my power spikes in those cases, but clicking the game move it to the front again and the power management do its part again.

Now after 9 min its like that semi-background state remains active till i close the game. It's always 9 min, i tried again 5 differente games. Always 9 min, except for DX11 Full-Screen games.
    That's why i thought in a periodic task. But if you tell me there's not a single task of Windows that could be causing this, must be something related with Nvidia drivers (due to Win update).

True that it's not a big issue, but it's like the power manager of Nvidia is dead. More power consumption and heat for the card. :confused:

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Just testing on Windows 10, saw it at 2025MHz there, but it goes up and down, just left a station and at 1150MHz.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i guess theres 25 steps of 15 then on Turing.

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yup, bit weird that W11 didn't hit it though, guess the CTD's there relate to it?

17. DarkAvatar

DarkAvatar Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    But you can force max performance for that style. That's why we have 3 power modes. This issue limits to 1 mode after 9 min. I think is good to keep different options for everybody's taste.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the problem with lp3d is you can get stuck in it because the lower vram clockrate can prevent the framerate getting high enough to reach the % necessary to fp3d

19. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    These drivers...they're

drivers.gif

Seriously, at what point are they going to stop piling it on and clean these up? No way drivers go from ~20 MB to ~2 GB (1 GB after unpacked and debloated) without serious spaghetti code bloat. It's not like a game that uses higher res textures than older ones. They're just drivers. I think it was Logitech? That did this once with their Setpoint software and it went from some ridiculously huge size, I forgot (200 MB?) to 12 megabytes with zero noticeable changes in the GUI or function.

chispy and Tantawi like this.
  20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just popped these on, first try, got up to installing the Container, which seemed to take a while, then it came up Installation Failed, so i just ran them again, and this time was a success, all installed fine, weird.

EDIT: Just had to do a restart, as me icue ****** off, and the Start menu wouldn't work, not had that for a while.