NVIDIA GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you have to name the games and list settings and you have to provide traces for each of them, you know the drill.
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...e-log-for-gpuview-to-troubleshoot-performance

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Older driver DLSS becnhmark RDR2

Latest driver

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    ReShade still fails to compile CAS on this driver, in certain games/programs. I'm not even sure how far back I'd have to go in drivers to fix it, but it was broken on the last hotfix as well.

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Can you list all affected games? So far it has been working everywhere for me.

5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Any way to get this test driver?

6. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Good time to do stress tests for any OC's though. Worst case testing.

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I've only tested 2 things so far because those were what I was playing when I first noticed a driver update broke them: Tekken 7, and more importantly Ryujinx since that means it's broken for all Switch games for me.

8. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    I will pass this driver as someone has reported BSOD on the geforce forum, although I am already on Windows 11.

I really that NVIDIA will start making stable and beta drivers, Stable for those who work on their PC and can't afford BSOD, Beta for gamers and new features enthusiasts, until then I will stick to the studio drivers. Still using 471.22 as it is a hotfix for 471.11 which was a studio driver.

9. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

ohh noooeeess! One person on the internet had a problem?

FatBoyNL and dr_rus like this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There are thousands of people with broken and misconfigured systems on the geforce forum and not enough qualified folk on there to take the time to teach them how to thoroughly identify the source part.

Someone will always report bsods on there.
    Someone will always report fps drops on there.

very few of them are legitimate driver caused issues.

11. Bedouille69

Bedouille69 Member

GPU:
    4090 Suprim X
    Hello ManuelG,

No, I didn't test because I have an "all clean install" and no hdmi 2.1 cable long enough.
    My 3080 is connected to https://www.denon.com/en-gb/hdmiadapter (for Denon 4700H)
    All fine with no audio cuts and HDR movies in 10 bits with 466.27 driver but this driver becames old :( but the driver is OK for F1 2021.

Thanks

12. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Wasn't there a simpler gpu trace programm where you just ran it and logged instead of using the CMD window?
    It was an official nvidia link too from what I remember and pretty much had the same explanation and you needed the windows performance kit but there was also a gpu trace logger you could download instead of using the CMD window.I think it was you who gave me the link for it at some point.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  13. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    The annoying HDMI 2.1 display flickerings after reboots are finally gone. Thank you!

14. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    When someone claims BSOD in a new driver, or the 7th driver in a row, and rolling back will fix the issue, I would believe that it is the drivers and not the system configuration. It could be specific to his model, but surely not the system configuration.

I had my share of BSODs and sudden restarts, updating drivers fixed my issues at some point. So it is NVIDIA drivers and not system configurations.

An no, I will not test the so called WHQL drivers from NVIDIA while in fact they are beta releases, as always a hotfix will be releases a few days later.

I will stick to the studio drivers, although I doubt that they are tested, as the studio drivers usually released at the same time with the same version as GRD.

What I would like to see, that a stable release from the same branch of a previous so called GRD release has been tested and no one has reported BSODs. I don't mind old dated drivers as long they are stable.

I don't mind minor bugs, for example nvcpl.dll is not being updated although I have reported it, it is ok, I can replace the old nvcpl.dll myself each driver update. But BSODs will cost me a lot, and some people in here are still making fun of it, it is really weird.

15. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    As someone who's very cautious as well, just a single or two reports of BSODs isn't something I'm too concerned with. I recently came across a thread for 471.11 where one or two BSOD were reported, and at that point I had been running the driver without problems for weeks.
    There was only one driver in recent months that I skipped because more than an overwhelming number of users reported BSODs and various other problems; that's when it's worth taking a second look or just skipping entirely.

16. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    This what you got from what I said. NVIDIA drivers are beta and not well tested drivers, they use us as a laboratory mouse.

I don't just trust some random guy, it is just I don't trust NVIDIA, they don't test their drivers, they post Beta release and wait for the feedback. that is why I always read the comments before I test a driver now.

And now, I will not test NVIDIA drivers anymore, I used to be the first the test a new driver, not anymore ...

I will stick the studio drivers or hotfixes as they have been tested by users ..

XantaX likes this.
  17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Elite Dangerous crashes when I run about on stations, did it two times in a row now, no issue in space, planets nor smaller setlement.
    Will try to disable MPO again and check if that stops it.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Bit odd that the event claims something is missing?
    Did a clean install via GFE which actually was quite fast and smooth...
    Code:
    The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\000000c3
    CMDre 00000003 000005c0 60000fff 00000004 00800000

The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

18. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    It is not meaningless, I am righting hopefully @ManuelG will read this and NVIDIA will start making Beta and Stable releases.

AMD does have beta releases, Microsoft does too, even Microsoft has beta and release preview before they release the final release.

NVIDIA should start making beta releases, lots of gamers will be very delighted to test them in their games.

But for me I use my Laptop for work, I need to see a stable release, not a beta release each time ....

19. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Qadro M400M
    Hello i have a white secree in windows and on windows logon after install this driver.
    If i install my old driver 466.77 i dont have any problems and i dont have the white screen problem. Have anyone similar problems?
    How can i fix this problem or is it a bug?
    Can anybody help me please?
    I have an dell notebook and have started the build in self test. That is testing all the hardeare and i dont have any hardware problems.
    I have with 471.XX many many many windows system errors in the windows log form system.

I have this problem with all 471.XX drives.
    All drives befor and 466.XX are working without errors.

My System:
    Windows 10 64 Bit
    GPU Nvidia Quadro M4000M (NVIDIA 970M)
    32 GB Ram
    CPU I7-4810MQ

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Just tested it with the MPO disabled, no crash and fps was also slightly higher.