Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    ^ skacikpl, I'm still using your debug console extensions for Witcher 3, thanks for the mod. Sorry for going off topic with that. And I could go a little further, your W3 1st person mod has the "inviso" feature so enemies don't react to you which lets me go into several areas in W3 without being attacked by monsters and enemy NPC (for exploration mode.) k back to CP.

Wait there's some on topic but it's about mods if people don't mind it, namely the CET mod (Cyber Engine Tweaks) for CP2077. It's useful but if it's too much of a bother to update it then there's always the Lingon trainer which it easier to install. It does far less but still has some basic things like health, stamina, super jump, stealth and others.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  2. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090

Angantyr likes this.
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  4. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Just as @skacikpl said, its fake news and was related to patch 1.2;

[​IMG]

EDIT: Hadn't seen the steamdb stuff. At least the title still has a pulse and is being worked on it seems. Neat.

5. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    After taking a decent break after completing the main quest and all side quests back in April as a Street Kid specializing in assault rifles and hacking, I decided to start a new game as a Corpo specializing in blades, hacking, and stealth mainly just to see if, and how much, things may have improved since then. And I have to say: after taking what amounts to a pallet cleanser of a break, I am enjoying my second playthrough thoroughly and I can immediately tell that performance has been improved. I can't immediately distinguish what visual sacrifices may or may not have been made to accomplish this, but since my short term memory of the 'little details' has been flushed clean, nothing immediately sticks out to me as a clear sacrifice in visual quality and things play very smoothly for me now regardless of where I am or what I'm doing. Key problem areas for me before were very architecturally-dense areas like City Center where my framerate would regularly drop below the 30's and this no longer happens. I've also been able to take DLSS from 'Performance' to 'Balanced' and keep all other details maxed on 3440x1440 which is a very welcome change (my current rig was basically built with the intention of playing this game so I'm very happy to start seeing some return on that. Better later than never!).

Yes, there are some baked-in things that still bother me which I've accepted will probably never get fixed - for me personally, one of the biggest gripes is the LOD / low quality sprites of distant objects when you zoom in closely and the bizarre logic driving the loading/dropping of pedestrians and other entities like cars in traffic - but at this point I feel like I can mostly overlook them. I still notice bugs occasionally, but they're FAR reduced and really not affecting my suspension of disbelief on this playthrough. Despite some of the stuff that we know was cut from the game, I feel like the QA/QC stuff is finally getting to where it probably should have been at launch and my experience on this playthrough is definitely benefiting from it. I certainly didn't hate my first playthrough at all, but my impressions would have been improved if this had been the state of the game at that time.

sertopico likes this.
  6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  8. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    At this point it's probably reverse psychology at work and people are swarming to see whether it's really so bad that it had to be pulled from PSN.
    For the most part - stability aside, probably not but i still wouldn't say experience on base PS4 would be something worthwhile aside allowing you to experience the story and quests start to finish.

Buying it on base PS4 as your primary means to experience the game would be same as buying Witcher 3 on switch as your first and only version. You can do it and whole experience is playable but you're getting a heavily watered down experience in all aspects that aren't strict gameplay.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This game is amazing, but needs a warning.
    I had a quick play before bed, then my cat told me off.
    I gave him lots of fuss and thought it best to check the time, 5:20am!!!
    I feel like crap today :(
    wtf?

DocStr4ngelove, Maddness and AsiJu like this.
  10. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Some patch rumors has come about today
    Cyberpunk 2077 38 GB Big Update Discovered on the Epic Games Store

Though, I'd take all the claims with a grain of salt and some skepticism.
    For one, there is no way a patch that size will be deployed... It's most likely just representing the amount of files that has been modified.

Horus-Anhur likes this.

11. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    That's just about full size of the game, i highly doubt that that much has been changed. They're merely triggering full game redownload for some reason, perhaps they changed how archives are handled in order to support future DLCs.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

One of their last patches was over 25 gigs. I wouldn't say there's "no way"...

13. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I would actually hope it's a 38GB patch.

It might also include assets for their first DLC (if not just plain including a DLC).

14. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Well I'm ganna go ahead and uninstall this fine piece of software until a later date.
    I've got over 50/h in-game just messing around. Completed probably less than 15% of the story.
    I could really use the extra 60gb on my M.2 for a game I'm actually going to play.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

16. Even after so many patches, if I had to choose, which recent Cyberpunk game I'll play. Whether it'll be CP2077 made by 300+ full-time devs or Ascent made by 12 full-time devs... I'd choose The Ascent. Both games are buggy as hell, but CP2077 is far beyond saving and I'm done waiting.

17. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    1.3 has been announced - yet again much marketing blerbs thrown out ahead with little to no tangible stuff as of now.
    Some sort of presentation stream is scheduled for tomorrow.

Kinda sad really that they still feel the need to hype up a literal means of fixing the game through marketing than just releasing it if it's already ready.

18. The first few changes are mentioned in their official forum post, including start time of their stream tomorrow @ 18:00 CEST.

But the 1.3 seems to be similar to 1.2, just a bunch of unimportant QOL changes nobody wanted.

19. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Well, the minimap scaling with speed is an obvious necessity that was severely lacking in the game so all in all is a welcome addition.

It's just that... it's been nearly 9 months?
    They've done exact same stunt with prior patch and it was severely underwhelming, whatever they have to showcase tomorrow it'd better blow peoples socks off.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  20. Agreed. I really don't like what they have become. They seem to enjoy their new way of work: "Do Less, Hype More".
    I know quite a few people who share the same attitude to work and I hate such people. They don't stay in our company for long.