RTSS Overlay freezing WoW after 9.1 patch. Please fix

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by InsideInfinity, Jul 17, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    hey everyone,

i'm (like most of you) a huge fan of the riva tuner statistics server and its ingame overlay as i consider it to be perfect and use it in every single game i play, all the time (i literally got used to it so much, i can't even play and enjoy games without it anymore because theres some integral part of my gaming experience missing without the RTSS overlay.

i stared playing world of warcraft once again, which is one of my most favorite games but sadly i had to realize that the RTSS overlay is not compatible with WoW currently. As long as the overlay is enabled ingame, sooner or later the game just freezes completely and you can do nothing (well visually it freezes but the sound continues to work).

I checked this out very thoroughly and its without the slightest doubt the RTSS overlay thats causing the problems. with the RTSS overlay disabled, WoW runs flawlessly for hours upon hours. I'm not the only one reporting this issue, as seen in this thread here:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/game-freezes-frequently/297600

I would like to humbly ask someone who is affiliated with RTSS to please fix this issue anytime soon as i can't enjoy WoW without my beautiful RTSS Overlay :) I doubt Blizzard (being a shitty company these days) will ever fix this from their side, even though they broke it with the 9.1 patch and who knows what they did in the background, so i hope you guys at RTSS will be able to fix this issue and make the game compatible with the overlay once again like it was for all those past years. Btw. ofc all other games are running flawlessly with the Overlay, its just WoW having this issue :(

best regards
    InsideInfinity

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not a rtss issue.

3. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    how do you know ? (also, even if the issue is on blizzards side, which i assumed anyway as you saw by reading my initial post, can't you make rtss compatible to wow again. waiting on blizz to fix this will take ages, if ever -.-)

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    "I" can't make rtss do anything, the change came from blizzards side, its theirs to fix.

5. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    hey, thanks for the reply. you write "the change came from blizzards side". Could you tell me what blizzard changed ? Would love to know why the overlay is suddenly freezing the graphics side of the game. Also planning on writing a detailed bug report on this so hopefully it will be fixed anytime soon :)

6. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    @Astyanax: well no reply, kinda figured that. Thanks for nothing tbh. All you did was saying arrogantly that RTSS is not at fault, without giving any insights and/or proof that this is true ..

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You aren't entitled to them, free software buddy.

Games that aren't broken messes work fine. :rolleyes:

8. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    WOW.. can someone be even more arrogant ?? ofc i'm not entitled to them but that doesn't mean you can't just be a little bit friendly and help someone out, does it ? WOW, i'm impressed at your personality, i've rarely seen someone being such an asshole on the internet for literally NO reason...

WoW is not a broken mess. apart from the rtss overlay everything works flawlessly. to me (judging from all your answers so far) it seems like you are the broken mess here

well, nevermind, i'm done here anyway...

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You're done here. It is a forum, neither he nor anyone else is obliged to help you. He is not your servant to immediately answer your question per your demand, impolite egoistic child. You have zero rights to call someone an a-hole because he doesn't want to help you to fix your toy. World is not rotating around your desire to enjoy WoW.
    There were no RTSS develoepr's comments in this thread yet. And definitively won't be now, seeing this thread I'll simply ignore your future posts here and treat you as troublemaker. Starting your "help request" with bootlicking and "I'm huge fan" and quickly progressing to "thanks for nothing" and personal insults is just plain wrong and demotivating. Thread is closed.

Noisiv and SpajdrEX like this.
  10. Unwinder

And one more "polite" poster is leaving this section. The smartest thing you can do after closing the thread is reporting it and continue trying to attack in PM.

"hey there,

who is impolite here ?? your message was more impolite towards me than all my messages towards him. the fact here is that this guy just claimed some stuff without proving that its true. his claims were completely baseless so i asked him to show me why he claims stuff like that. so i understand this because otherwise, without proof, his posts were baseless elitist bullshit that everyone on the internet can do and actually most people do these days (if most people wouldn't be such assholes and just claim some fantasy stories they made up in their sick minds, me and no one else would be required to ask for proof but we both know how the internet is working..)

obviously after he didn't give me an answer and after all he did was claim some nonsense arrogantly i called him out.

and now you are making me the bad guy here ?

how can you even, as a staff member and moderator insult me (as an impolite egiostic child and a troublemaker) ?! i think you should be removed from your position as you are clearly not able to represent it..

despite you being so impolite towards me without any reason because it had nothing to do with you at all i still wish you a great day today...

InsideInfinity"

I think I should be removed from RTSS developer position as well after dealing with such "huge RTSS fans". RTSS development is nothing but a waste of time and health.

11. Unwinder

The story continues... Now "huge RTSS fan" who got banned for his activity here transformed his "love" to RTSS into spreading attacking posts like "considering that rtss is know to create issues in many games, including crashing them, i would rather say its rtss as its crappy coded by some idiot".
    Pathetic. And thanks for proving that ban was deserved. It is rather sad pattern, people who start their posts with too sweet lie containing "I'm huge RTSS fan and cannot live without it...." are actually the worst persons and source of personal attacks in the end.

boogieman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.