Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.7.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Nicked_Wicked, Jul 15, 2021.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Wowwwwww, about time, is it really fixed??? anyone tested in VR? I am using the RTM channel, I don't want to use Insider. when do they say the fix comes to retail?

Freaking about time, bloody windows update and AMD both needs to get hold of themself, too many bugs!!!!

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It is nothing but an AMD driver issue, starting with Navi. It even occurs on Linux with DXVK, though it's mitigated there (but still far from great). It runs perfectly fine with Nvidia or Vega/Polaris.
    It's known to AMD but they don't care enough.

Edit: Ryse and Wolcen are affected too btw.

3. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Usually, the next Windows Patch Tuesday Cumulative Update or it's "optional update" later this month.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  4. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    I had the same issue with Vega 64 and RTX 3070 but with nvidia was easy to fix, in control panel switching v sync to "fast". It all started after an windows update.

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Problem is it still stuttering and artefacting in movies!

Also, still stuttering with the fps drop, but didn't install the windows insider update yet, so we need to see if it really help and the hotfix after.

6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Not the same problem. :)
    I btw. got in wrong in memory, I think the problem actually started already with Vega. The issue is not caused by anything vsync related, but by CPU performance being extremely poor. Perhaps some weird culling issue.

7. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Don’t notice any stuttering, a few small stutters in games sometimes, depends a bit on the game engine. Interested in what the new optional cumulative and driver update will bring.

Passus likes this.
  8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    It doesn't happen in 2D normal games. VR gaming and normal gaming are 2 separate things. it is the same issue or close as Nvidia had that took them time to repair. I don't have the same stuttering in normal game as I have in the VR.

The other problem now that screws the driver totally is AVC doesn't work properly for SDR, WHAT HAVE THEY CHANGED?!!!!??!?!!!!!!!! Is it something related to TV support? did they change something that detect the signal as Instant Gaming all the time no matter what?? Causing video files at certain FPS to artefact?????? Why HDR movies works fine?? I am at LOSS here. I never had so many issues with every single driver and had issues that took so many long time to be fixed!!! I am mad. I can't use the computer as normal or power user to play or watch movies.

9. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I think most here would suggest for you to calm down, *here*, and acknowledge and respect others that are only giving you their warrant feedback/insight and release that unfair aggression to those that you are targeting at on AMD board/forums.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/bd-p/drivers-and-software-discussions

Another thing, have you *completely* ruled out that "it is not just your rig/hardware/configuration, etc" by *process of elimination* e.g. swapping out components e.g. gpu, PS, cable management, etc, then test and repeat?

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    You missed the point. I bought the 6900XT, before I didn't have big issues as much not working X or stuttering X. but also I didn't have good enough GPU for my usage, 1080GTX. so now the 6900XT actually works 4K60hz or even 120hz but in VR it's totally different thing. with driver 21.2.3 2D and VR works fine without stuttering, but when I use ANY driver above that I get the random 115 fps from 120 or 60 to 55. now the thing is, they also change something in 2.6.x 2.7.x that cause more issue with Movies now. so now it's not just VR it's also Movies. What I am yelling about is it's not become better and I will be stuck FOREVER on 21.2.3 without the ability to use the TECH for NEW GAMES. so I'm trying to remind you the issues just go bigger and more, nothing is getting fixed.

Also, what I'm saying, it can't be my hardware because it WORKS PERFECTLY with 21.2.3 so why would newer driver will make my computer total loss? it's like you buy $3000K computer and then any driver above X will make your computer total loss, but will work fine on the first driver you always used. so will you buy another $4000K computer just to test if it work or what?

I have nothing to replace because it works fine. Also movies works fine even with the stuttering above 21.2.3 but not with 21.6.x, so they screwed something else, because I didn't change any setting since my 1080GTX and everything was working fine until 21.6.x with the movies. I don't know what they changed but it's clearly something visible like as soon my windows shows up on the Login, it says on my top side Instant Gaming Activated, why would I need it to turn on for DESKTOP? it is ONLY for when you go into Full Screen Games. it only happens with 21.6.x

clearly something changed with the video rendering

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/driver-crash-in-browsers-or-video-playback/td-p/481495
    https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/radeon-21-6-2-crashes-and-flickering-flash/td-p/480834
    https://community.amd.com/t5/driver...r-when-watching-videos-in-browser/td-p/278005

I just installed MPC-HC.1.9.14.x64 and tested it with the default settings it arrive on it's own folder. Same issue exactly, it's not the Movie player. Only Windows 10 Movie app works fine.

It messes up with the Display Frequency HZ like another stuttering issue $%%
    it supposed to be 120HZ Perfect.

https://forums.guru3d.com/attachmen...7/?temp_hash=e7fce826b7e5ace14586715c33d0aaee

It is VERY SPECIFIC Encoding that doesn't work.

I'm downloading REMUXES usually, and they don't work properly, all the normal Bluray movies works fine! I have no freaking idea why Remuxes won't work and normal Bluray works fine.
    So whatever test you did recording is out of the question. They screwed up with something in the newest drivers. Many fps drops and other issues.

Only 1 Remux works fine and other doesn't 2160p and HDR works fine. WEB-DL works fine.

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    This one has issue

upload_2021-7-16_19-41-48.png

This one doesn't

upload_2021-7-16_19-42-21.png

This doesn't

upload_2021-7-16_19-43-25.png

This has issues

upload_2021-7-16_19-44-30.png

12. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Then why was I able to make Crysis 3 run amazing last night 110fps avg @ 3840x1080 ultra settings with reshade raytracing.
    Keep blaming AMD. Clowns.

Krteq, CPC_RedDawn and Kuss like this.
  13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Post a screenshot of Fields map elevator camera default position or fields grass scene or shut up.

PieEyedPiper and Cryio like this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    PieEyedPiper and Lumaan like this.
  15. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE

Attached Files:

16. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    It's called placebo effect.

Kuss and Undying like this.
  17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    image_2021-07-17_132725.png

Anyone have this issue?

Elfa-X likes this.
  18. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Still having radeon software don't match error. I have to shut it down in task manager, so radeon software resets, and then it opens normally. When I restart or shut down pc and turn it on again, same issue.

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Cool thanks for the info!

Does it really fix anything at the moment? without the insider and windows 11?

Do I need to enable 4G Decoding for TR4 1950X X399 Motherboard? Do I gain anything from it? I saw it enables only RAGE mode which I don't actually need as Auto Overclock.

20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    But this doesn't make sense. In other words the issue was fine in prior win10 builds? Or, wait for it...game mode been broken for sometime now?
    I believe the latter. Game mode has never worked by it's intended use. The last time game mode actually worked correctly was way back in 1703. Game mode actually worked for my cpu back then. However, after a few updates it has never worked again.

I'm very skeptical as to what you were told by the reps at MS. There have been a ton load of updates for game mode since 1703 that suppose to "fix it" but never did. Anyone worth their salt knew to disable game mode as it did nothing it was intended to do. So, at best, this issue has existed since, post update, 1703. Because it has never worked for me since then. For them to claim that it's been fixed but only in 21H1 isn't adding up. IMHO, they only found some work around to minimize it. Because at the heart of game mode it's only a "service" designed to help the operating system, not gamers.
    IMO

The cause of the stuttering has always been simple to find. You always check to see if you have an inordinate amount of cpu processing of interrupts and/or i/o processing. This can be determined at desktop. Anything more then 5% is high IMO.

You can do this by starting:
    Performance Monitor > Performance Monitoring Tools > Performance Monitor
    Then click on Performance Monitor > Green Plus Sign > Add Counters: Select Processor > Add > OK
    Now watch the monitor and look for any processes that are above 5% at desktop. Try not to move the mouse when you do this.
    You want to look for:
    Interrupts/sec
    DPC Rate
    DPC Queued/sec
    Idle Time

So you can uncheck the rest.

If you see any of these above 5% this is were you begin your search to find what out what has more priority then your gaming, movies, etc that could cause stuttering.

Edit: I found this:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021