Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    true, the only thing I care about for there software update at this point is when and if they bring back the custom "folders" they took away. my home page is littered with all my games, instead of in folder called "ps5 games"
    and "PSN Plus games" I know alot people want those custom folders back and alot complain when they found out they removed. maybe in 2 or 3 years we will get that function back. And if we ever get true BC for all of PS catalog, so never.

Would be nice if I could have mic muted with have the light on button lit up

2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I was in the beta program for the PS4 system software and luckily I never had any crazy problems, only downside was that you could only create voice parties with people on the same software version as you, so if you play any multiplayer games with friends that’s some to consider.

I’ve signed up to the beta program on PS5, hopefully that NVMe slot gets activated soon.

3. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Wow!! I would have missed that one, as I have no friends to talk to anyway. Moving swiftly on....It's a shame Sony didn't add a comments box to the registration for some sort of previous experience, I myself helped with feedback on the Oculus Rift DK2 and Windows 10 insider version for a good length of time and enjoyed it. Names in a hat is a bit like shooting in the dark, but oh well.

I'd also go as far as to say that even though its a console your Peripherals, T.V. and external storage are big factors in this and would have been beneficial for it to also be forwarded on, or do you think they will pull this from the PS5 link to PSN?

I'm only just managing for storage with the help on my External SSD but if the NVMe slot was to be unlocked I'd order one in.

Any idea when the cut off date is for hearing or if its a gradual rollout to the selected few?

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Yeah it's a shame they don't really take into account any previous experience with testing things.

They probably pull any info related to attached devices directly from the PS5 I'd of thought.

From what I experienced with the PS4 software beta there's no real announced rollout, they'll just email you a code when they're ready, which you then redeem on PSN to unlock the download.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will probably buy Nioh collection, but when I get get on disc for 30$ or less,, simply so i can have nioh 1 and 2 use 1 disc instead of swaping

7. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    I'm a tight fisted miserable Jock so when they drop to 50% (at the least) off I'll consider it for any PS5 game. I got Miles Morales with the machine and it's not even had 1 hours worth of play in over three months.

8. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Have been using PS5 for a few weeks now,

The main issue I have at this point is the firmware for sure feels unfinished.

It isnt just the lack of a basic 1440p resolution, but I recently discovered that they actually removed features that were on the PS4 pro such as forced Super Sampling on 1080p mode. Meaning some games will look better on a PS4 pro than a PS5.

9. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    It is annoying to lose features, but I think given the global condition's with the pandemic that the console launched under it kind of makes sense.

Sony have always been stubborn with supporting non-standard TV resolutions so I'll be surprised if we ever get 1440p support.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Non-standard resoutions being less than 4K? Easier for development if 4k/60 is targeted.

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I don't think It's really about what resolutions are easier to develop for, more about Sony designing the console around a living room environment where the typical the TV resolutions are either 1080p or 2160p.

They don't seem to want to cater to people that share a display between their console and PC where 1440p is one of the more common resolutions, not yet at least.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    anxious_f0x likes this.
  13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    State of Play today. Around 30 minutes long. Deathloop will be shown as the main feature. Mostly PS5 games being shown.

Thursday, 8th July, 2021
    North America: 2pm PDT / 3pm MDT / 4pm CDT / 5pm EDT
    UK/Ire: 10pm BST
    Europe: 11pm CEST / 12am EEST
    Asia/Oceania: 6am JST / 5am AWST / 7am AEST

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    Serotonin likes this.
  14. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    For some reason my ps5 disk drive is loud again ?

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What surface do you have the PS5 placed on? Wood or glass is better for dampening virbration.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm mine is quiet well the boot up spin is always the same (loud like it installing from the disc)but the every 30 minute spin up that I still dont understand why it does reguardless if the game in disc is actual being used by a game is still there, but spin up noise quiet.

I have my ps5 sitting on 3 inch particle board stand which transfer vibrations so i had put side isolating pad between the stand and the shelf and between the stand and ps5 (horizontal) it is rather quiet. less there has been system update in last 3 days since i used it that has undone it

17. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    There is a system software update today so maybe its got something to do with it if you didn't notice the installation.

21.01-03.21.00.00-00.00.00.0.1

forgot to take note of the previous one before the install.

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I hope deathloop looks better today. I've had no interest in this game at all. These games like Returnal and this, where you die and do the same levels over and over come off as lazy development to me. And frustrate me beyond belief. I'm not saying IT IS lazy development. I get the thought put into different ways to play the same levels, I just think it feels that way to me. I want variety. But being such a slow year for games, especially stuff focused on new systems. Want to like it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It looks a little bit laggy at times, which is worrying, but the gameplay looks loads of fun.

Serotonin likes this.
  20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I pushed the update today, all seem correct, only disc spin i hear in one when system is first booting up I dont hear disc spin when starting disc based game or the every 30 minutes disc spin thing.