Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    But just a few posts up you were hoping for dlss and now you're saying it wouldn't make sense? I understand they're still selling and they shouldn't mess with what's working. That's why I was surprised these rumors even existed. But even at the same costs, this seems like a waste. No one was asking for this. They could have focused production on what is already being made y'know?

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    But won't the games look worse from a resolution perspective with a larger screen? PPI is really underrated.

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm guessing if it was a 4k machine or even slightly more powerful, they would have mentioned that in the trailer.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Maybe I didn't word my post correctly. I think DLSS would be great for a switch console, however if you think about it this will require new and better hardware which would increase the costs of a machine to make and to sell. Something which Nintendo are never too keen on, they would rather do smaller upgrades in order to reset the price of the system back to where it was when it first launched. They have done this for years with their handhelds.

Serotonin likes this.

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    You're absolutely right. They have done this since early gameboys. Just odd to me. If something is selling, leave it. When sales dip and you need some sort of gimmick to get people buying again, like an oled screen, then do it. This thing is still selling like crazy...which...considering the lack of games in the last year is just insane. Good for them. But, man. Just imagine if there was a steady flow of games coming out how much more successful this thing would most likely be.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Because it drives up a buzz around the product/brand again. The system can sell like hotcakes all it wants, but when you have other companies making a noise with new shiny hardware (PS5, XBSX) you have to do something to raise even more awareness for your product. Not only that it will now make the current system sell even more as the price of those will more than likely drop now allowing people who were sitting on the fence to make the purchase.

Also if you look at Nintendo's lineup for Xmas there are not that many big games launching, a new system refresh is basically there sales drive for Xmas.

Serotonin likes this.
  7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Good points!

8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  9. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    What would you guys say are the essential must have Nintendo Switch games currently?

I maybe getting a switch for Christmas so, wonder what people think are the must have games (I'm mostly wanting a switch for Metroid Dread).

10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060

11. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Colour looks excellent.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Has the issue with the analog controllers been fixed with this new version?

13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Dunno, owned two in the past and never an issue, problem hyped up for YouTube drama views.

Serotonin likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    there are no changes to the joycons.

KissSh0t likes this.
  15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I like the switch OLed, but not when it scratches at level 2 with deeper grooves at level 3;)

Serotonin likes this.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Yeah that screen is silly, how easy it scratches. No way.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Played Diablo 3 on the switch today, I'm really impressed with the switch for it being such a tiny little thing, never actually played one before prior to today haha, I wasn't expecting it to be like it is... played it docked connected to a 1080p PC monitor, haven't tried the switch's screen, well not yet at least... it's the original switch not the new oled one.

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I sold mine after a few weeks. the controller isn't too bad at all. Being able to dock the handheld and play on a TV is cool, but once you do that, why bother with a smaller screen? I also didn't like the downgrade in graphics, and the noticeable slowdown in some of Nintendo's games.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It does make me wonder why Nintendo don't release a standalone console that is intended just to be connected to a screen.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's more family oriented I suppose. It's a great idea really.