Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 (FSR) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Prefix, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Does toggling re-bar in the control panel just disable re-bar driver side? Can I leave the 4G decoding and re-bar settings in the BIOS for easy benchmarking and troubleshooting?

I do have some odd stutters with re-bar every now and then, almost seems like microstutter but with a slightly more substantial delay.

EDIT: perhaps a problem with Freesync on second thought?

2. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    so you guys disabled the 4g decoding and the re-bar and freesync? can you check if the stuttering with freesync On when 4g decoding and re-bar off?

what's the point to use freesync if it stuttering every couple min even in VR...... and also why it happens when using new drivers? can someone who fixed the issue check if freesync only cause issues also?

how this???

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Freesync works here, been using this driver for a couple of days now and seems solid

Direfield and OnnA like this.
  4. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    are you one of us who had the stuttering issue every couple min? what gpu do you have? 5700 doesn't have the same issue like 6xxx series

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Never had have problems with FreeSync.
    Using Enchanced Sync + R.Lag and range is updated with CRU to 32-74FPS -> Smooth gameplay
    Remember to always buys good quality monitors w/FreeSync to avoid issues (This is not so expensive IMhO in comparison to G-Sync).

Note:
    THX to Enchanced Sync we don't need to lower max FPS (You can leave at default).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  7. D4nny99

D4nny99 Guest

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Same Problem with SAM and Freesync in Games. Stuttering and microstutter. SAM of and Freesync on Stuttering and microstutter. SAM of Freesync of no Stuttering and microstutter.
    Edit: LG 27GL850 Monitor here

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Asus tuf vg249 gaming monitor here

9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I had it on some games yes just not all

days gone and witcher 3 were most affected

10. D4nny99

D4nny99 Guest

GPU:
    6800 XT
    At me Witcher 3, Days Gone, Biomutant and Outriders most of them U4 Engine.

11. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Same experience here with another UE4 title: Insurgency Sandstorm.

RDR2 exhibits very small stutters sometimes, but that might be because I push the 144hz envelope, I don’t think it’s actually related to SAM or Freesync.

Probably the horrible triple buffering that’s causing this, I need to experiment some tonight. BTW the 6900XT handles this game like a champ maxed out on 3440x1440, I expected sub 60 most of the time but it is in fact the other way around. :D

12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    You will be better clamping the fps with rtss

freesync is great but when scene drops 10-20 frames back and forth causes the stutter even above freesync range

might as well try, I have a 144hz screen but majority of my games are locked to 60-70fps except shooters which i dont really play much and sims like ets2 or esports i run at 144hz

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Freesync works nicely on polaris in all games i tried so far and thats by itself without vsync.

I keep my fps within freesync range (40-75hz) and i ditched rtss and using frtc for a while now.

OnnA likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Im using both ;)

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Works better if you using only freesync.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    NP on my side...
    But when used >90FPS then things get weird, so im always using it with Cap to max of my refresh.
    My monitor works with low as 30FPS, so i have always smooth experience.

Note:
    In some rare cases You need to disable Enchanced Sync.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    Kuss likes this.
  17. Yankess

Yankess Guest

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Red Devil
    I go back to 21.5.2 drivers. This new is trash, green screen and reset in CoD hdmi missing, Division 2 crash when I move mice, Horizon Zero Dawn flashing green screen in menu. No thx 4 this crap.

18. I haven't done serious comparisons yet, but I feel like I've been having more unexpected frame drops with 21.6.1 than previous drivers, particularly with Vulkan (Dota 2 and Guild Wars 2 with DXVK), but even with DJMAX Respect. No freesync involved, and happens with above 4G decode + rBAR both enabled or disabled.

I was playing Horizon Zero Dawn yesterday and had no flashing screen issue in the menu, or any issues while in-game.

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    i tested zombie army 4 vulkan hdr freesync off and 4d decoding off, doesn't seem to cause issues. i will need to test more games. anyone else have issues with iron harvest game? like fps drop when there are fights??? it's only started on this map but I don't know what have changed from before,

20. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    The Division 2 working like a charm here and NO CRASHES after hours and hours in-game / raids etc......

However the game alone is a bugfest prone to crashed because of.... reasons..... one of them I was laughing my @ss off after I have found it (after DAYS of investigation) = it was crashing every ca. 3 Minutes because..... I've had too many USB devices connected at once (ca 12 external hard drives via USB hubs, keyboard, mice, camera, usb audio + headphones, mousepad, xbox wireless received etc etc.)...

No CoD or HZD here to test...but I have a weird feeling it might actually be something on your side?