ASRock thinks graphics card prices will drop next quarter (less demand from miners)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 18, 2021.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I envision a near future where some will beg to sell their GPU.
    And I'll say: Can you lower even more? That's a bit overpriced!

Legacy-ZA and The Goose like this.
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeah, these scalpers getting hit hard now.

Everyone waiting for hardware store price drops now, why would you even Ebay.

Legacy-ZA and chispy like this.
  3. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    The price goes way down when you stop buying them, I can do other things than game for that price. If all cars cost 100k to drive, I will ride a bike.

4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Imagine trying to be a Chad on the internet and then you can't even spell. Why is this even news?

5. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    It'll drop but will probably not drop all the way back. Temporary price hikes always a good excuse to keep it higher after.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    MSI RTX 3070 Gaming Z Trio now for €833

I mean, still €300 to much, but hey no more €1300.

7. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Yeah, so the Chinese have struck down on crypto-mining, but to what end state really?

All of the crypto BS miners are already on their way to the US and Canada where the power is cheaper and more stable.

Nothing is going to stop this bullspit from happening as long as the miners keep paying off the lobbyist asshats in charge.

I mean there's a whole article talking to one individual from China that is the main purveyor of crypto mining. He's just spewing off about breaking ground in Texas and setting up shop in containers across the Nation including Canada!!!

I mean what gives!?!

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Texas? Isn't Texas the very place that had a huge power crisis in the winter? It doesn't look like the right place for power intensive industry, unless you have your very own power plant.

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I HIGHLY doubt they could mine in the US the way they did/do in China.

10. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee

11. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    You've said it. Their very own power plant.

And what happened in Texas doesn't necessarily mean their power isn't stable/good enough it just means private entities should not be able to operate the way they do.

Texas just allows for more asshattery on the back end in regards to all of this.

12. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Here's to hoping so. But things that are actually taking place would say otherwise.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Solfaur likes this.
  14. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    In China they use a lot of coal power stations, in the US energy is produced much cleaner, i can see the US jumping on solar to partly-power their farms.
    Since China recently pulled the plug on the biggest farms the payout for mining has dropped around 17%, a decent amount but nothing major.
    I invest almost half of my wages right now in Crypto, got stung real bad over the weekend there, lost a quarter of my money but it's only made me more determined.:)

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  17. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    In South-Africa we are yet to see that happen, prices are still 3x, disgusting.

18. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I just do not see the interest in "gambling" with my money each and every day. Because that is just what it is a gamble. Some big wig gets on their soap box and talks down, or up on some crypto. And viola the markets in turmoil.

And to mention crypto was mostly and I say MOSTLY very loosely made up so as the feds couldn't regulate it. No taxes, no interest, no true place to be kept, or taken from you (if ones safe with it). Sounds to me like it was made for criminals.

Just like the stock market and the speculation needed to keep that BS thing afloat.

Shoot if the demand isn't there they'll just make it. "Speculation" anyone?!?

I just personally have a problem with "losing my money" is all. Retirement has made me that way I guess....

DannyD likes this.
  19. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Truly on another note.

How are things in South Africa at the current moment?!? I'm not talking about hardware either.

Last I have heard it was still pretty bad over there with all of the local takeovers of businesses and farms. Pretty much to only have them fail because of lack of proper business practices to say the least.

Not to mention the amount of reversed racism that has been disgustingly swept under the carpet from over there.

Personally not attacking at all, but truly want to know from someone who's actually there and has seen the Truth.

Hope you and your family are always well and may the hardware gods rain down a glorious bounty upon thee.

Take care.

Legacy-ZA likes this.
  20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    that was under 200 2 years ago