WHEAService, WHEA errors suppressor

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by mannix, May 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Then why didn`t you take console output inside "if(DEBUG) ... #endif" ?

PS
    There is intrinsic support of the trace in .Net Framework.
    Also there is this - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/debugapi/nf-debugapi-outputdebugstringw

2. mannix

mannix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 ArmorOC
    Cause I was planning to have it run also standalone but now I've changed my mind

3. Guru3Dmember

Guru3Dmember Active Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    What have you concluded with the WHEA suppression? I have not used your tool as I think they are needed.

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The intentions are good, but errors (especially WHEA) should never be ignored. If you get them, lower your overclock or RMA.

No matter the marketing material, the official rated speed for even the 5000 series is a 1600 MHz clock on the bus and 3200MHz memory.

There's also a good reason why motherboards have QVL lists. All these people don't do all that for nothing.

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI (Notebook)
    Hi. Thank you for creating this stop gap solution to the annoying issue.

The service doesn't start automatically as it should. It is set to Automatic and I can start it manually. It stops again. The irrelevant Event ID #19 common due to AMD design flaws continues to stack up in Event Viewer. Is there a fix to make the fix stop logging this error until AMD fixes their mess?

WHEA errors can and should be ignored when the solution to fixing them is unavailable or unacceptable. I am not going to lower my overclock. I want the error logging to stop. I want AMD to fix their broken trash, too.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Sorry, but no.

Ignoring Whea errors is just creating noise on AMD and Nvidia forums by ignorant users that choose to run unstable pc's.

Mineria likes this.
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I had some errors, but now with Bios 1.2.0.3c havent seen a blue/black/red/yellow/purple screen in a long time.

Or any crash whatever.