Flat Earth

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Phragmeister, Jun 14, 2021.

1. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Religions are scams, sold by people with no real product.
    Just like the flat earth peddlers do.

But I wont mess up this thread any further.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if the earth was flat all parts of earth would day at same time and night at the same time

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I dont see it. Especially if ppl avoid terms like religion, cult etc.
    I mean sure you can use these terms to describe fellow flat earthers, its a free country init, but are we really that lacking in words and ideas, so we have to reach for other concepts to describe the one we speak about.

PS scratch that, i see fellow gurus trying to smuggle in climate talk which is half an inch from spilling into political thread.

Getting upset with flat earthers is the silliest thing. I mean if anything it needs more followers and more power LOL.
    Its a stupid theory but its not so stupid as it lacks pervasiveness and mainstream power. I mean what 0.000001 scientists and 0.0001 ppl with executive power take it seriously.

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @Noisiv
    Well, you saw it. I saw it earlier, and when there is smoke, someone makes fire somewhere.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Its a funny topic when you think how flat-earthers could ignore so much basic science and evidence to the contrary.

I wonder how they explain the function of orbiting satellites that we depend on for various services. How does a satellite orbit around a flat pancake earth? And what happens to ships that get too close to the edge? And planes? And whats on the other side of the pancake? Where does gravity pull you when you go off the edge? And how thick is a flat earth? Has any of them explained the edge? Depending on how thick their flat earth is, are there trees, mountains that form perpendicularly on the surface of the edge? Must be hilarious to debate with them. :D

6. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    There should be one response to this thread, and then just a barrage of likes.

Airbud and alanm like this.
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Agree. But sometimes cats like to toy with dead mice.

stormy, Redemption80 and Airbud like this.
  8. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
  9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Some seek validation through social media or being in the headlines.
    And yes, some will just defy logic and ignore common sense. And win the Darwin's prize.
    What's worse, their friends and followers will call the fallen a martir, who died to debunk some conspiracy theory.
    And we call ourselves intelligent beings.
    Yeah, right!

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    imo only 10% populations is inteligent rest just stupid with signs of intelligence and common sense every now and then, but hey what do i know.

To aliens that watch this planet it is one endless soap opera and long runing soap opera show casing how stupid is done. they probably take beat on how long it will take us to annihilate our self so they can take have it :rolleyes:

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    <^> yeah, like totally.

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It amazes me every day how something like this can be believed by so many people. The fact that they get their proof from some random youtuber or twitter headline shows the damage social media has done to society.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Back when i first tried the internet in 1999 i was gobsmacked at the information that was avalible to all humanity through a simply phone line, and i thought the internet would help leap frog humanity via education and wisdom by thousands and thousands of years, but i was wrong, and it seems to have actually made large sways of the population more stupid and set them back about 400 years education wise. lol

GoldenTiger and Redemption80 like this.
  14. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    You're assuming the Sun is 93 million miles away on the flat Earth model. It's actually around 3000 miles up. It's explained on the Level documentary in the first post.

This is interesting -

[​IMG]

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Well, since everything is in the Matrix, we can assume that Earth does not exist, and we all are just in pods.

16. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    so where's Venus and Mercury?....just past the moon?

17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @Phragmeister . Sure about that correct science?
    Doesn't matter, everyone has an opinion today.
    All great physicists are rolling their eyes in disbelief and more.
    What about Earth's shadow on the Moon during it's rotation around Earth? What about gravity? Tides?
    If Earth is flat, doesn't that implies that we should have day or night all around the "pancake" in the same time?
    And having as source Facebook Twitter or whatever just makes everything just plausible beyond deniability.

Anyway, seems that I am wasting my time.

18. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
  19. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Gravity is just a theory, isn't it. What if it's just density and bouyancy?

If something's heavier than air, it falls, if it's lighter, it rises. No gravity necessary.

20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    All life on this planet is shaped by gravity in a way. Dismissing gravity is dismissing reality as a scientific, measurable and accurate reproducible results.

If gravity is just an theory, please try to resist more than one hour standing on your hands, legs upright. See if your cardiovascular system is able to ignore gravity, which by itself is just theory. When you'll pass out, tell paramedics that some smart ass guy from the internet told you so.

From this moment further, no point on keep on responding.