Review: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Gaming OC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Let's review the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 Ti. This card has been factory tweaked, has a custom-design PCB, dual-BIOS modes, a Windforce 3X cooler, and a trick or two mo...

Review: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Gaming OC

2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    This particular card could be bought for mere 1099 euros over here. Who wouldn't be insane enough to buy it for that swwet price? Although availability is currently unknown. The competitor's offering, MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti SUPRIM X, could be yours immediately for the modest price of 1179.90€.

Great prices if you are a miner or otherwise bonkers.

toyo and Legacy-ZA like this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    miners are all over it NVIDIA RTX 3070 Ti mining hashrate | NiceHash
    no disrespect intended with that link

4. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    1687 EU the cheapest one where I live.
    Luckily the price hikes coincided with me growing out of gaming, forgot which was the last game I truly enjoyed. Probably something in the Mass Effect 2 era.
    Still love the tech, but I can't see myself spending on these things. For the last 2 years, I've spent my tech budget on sports stuff and made a nice gym at home, much better use of my money, plus my body is fully back online and me much happier.
    Rather unbelievable to see these prices. And I thought paying 500EU or so for my 1070ti in the mining craze of 2017 was a lot. How naive of me.

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Got my R6800 for 660 EUR before it all went to crap , and i mined the crap out of it , so basically my card is free :)

6. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    1. Never spent more than ~$200 on a graphics card and thought that price was way too high for a low-mid level card.
    2. Never will pay more.
    3. The prices of these still completely unavailable, paper cards is utterly insane...along with damned near everything else (the insanity, not the prices) these days.

jbscotchman, Robbo9999 and Legacy-ZA like this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I could never get my uncle to pay more then $200 for gpu then again he still plays 20+ year old games, but now he see how some games look and still refuse to pay more then $200, but want something running better then 30 fps meaning 60fps and 1440p too.

that price range his will net him nothing that works in price range and he will never pay $400 for gpu let alone some of these prices.

If actual told him how much wattage some card now use he would be even less likely to every buy cards even if it was in prices range and gave him performance he looking for.

and my cousin well he just found out expsense switching to pc for gaming and how much more heat is genrated from those gpu that pull more heat then consoles do

tunejunky, jbscotchman and Robbo9999 like this.
  8. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It's gotta change hasn't it, PC gaming is dying or at least on hold at these ridiculous market prices & poor availability.....on hold will turn into death unless they do a 180 when availability returns, this will require some "ethics" from these companies to do that 180 when supply chains sort themselves out.....they need to do it.

Legacy-ZA and jbscotchman like this.
  9. TehMowat

TehMowat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classified 6gb
    I actually won a Newegg shuffle for this exact card, cost me $850, and was bundled with a $200 mobo, which I actually might use. I built a new PC several months ago, but due to the shortages, have been still using my EVGA 980 ti Classified. This is definitely not the card I wanted to buy, at the price, but I have been getting desperate in my desire for a new card. Overall, I consider myself lucky to get this at what is essentially MSRP.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Would be nice I wont count it, the industry HDD price never recovered from the "tsuanmi" all the years back, but even then they are still cheaper then SSD/NVME

I seriously will not buy any thing of cards cause there to stupidly priced and use way to much wattage. I dont even think my PC pull 450 wattage under full load Rough 200wattage for my gpu what another 140w for my cpu under full load? the mother board and fans and 2 ssd wattage negligible in comparisons. and yes i know if system pulls 350w you should 700 w psu and such. some these card pull power then whole of my system.

11. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'm not particularly concerned about max wattage and I certainly think the RTX 3080 performance is an impressive generational leap, but the price/availability is ridiculous for these GPUs......they can't leave it like this & certainly must do a 180 on the pricing when their supply chains allow them to churn out "unrestricted" volumes of these GPUs. I think we're talking the next gen of products though before supply chains, etc stabalise though....I think this gen is a lost cause.......but mark my words NVidia & AMD - do that mother f'ing 180 when your supply chains recover, for the love of........!

Undying and tunejunky like this.
  12. Dude1070

Dude1070 Member

GPU:
    RX 6950 XT
    I scored this card too, will have my hands on it the 16th. I'm stepping up from a GTX 1080Ti. I wanted the ROG strix card but am happy to get one

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Most I've ever paid was around $350 for a Geforce 8800GTS 640mb back in 2008. I'm willing to go up to $400, but if these outrageous prices don't ever get back to normal I won't be buy buying any new games.

toyo, Legacy-ZA and Airbud like this.
  14. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    yep!...which begs to question, how is the gaming industry's approach going to be?

maximizing performance for Xbox One X or RTX 3xxx will yield them very few customers compared to customers who own a regular Xbox One and/or a GTX 1660.

Robbo9999, tunejunky and jbscotchman like this.
  15. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    like the guys from Watergate said, "follow the money".
    what's happening is an exercise in "unintended consequences".
    when next gen consoles came out they were the first consoles to have pc equivalent processing power and have a subsidized price (sold at a loss for both Sony and M$). at first only console gamers were excited by them as Ampere came out at the same time. but then the crypto gang struck and struck again aided by Covid, now the consoles are dirt cheap by comparison to equivalent gpus and even more so by the cost of an entire system (gddr and ddr have gone up quite a bit).
    right now M$ and Sony are scoring from AMD/Nvidia's own goals.
    until supply chain is back up and unless proper ordering of parts commensurate with the actual size of the gpu market is initiated, console gaming is going to eat an ever larger segment of the PC master race.

16. Laci

Laci Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I had the same card back then, it was 320€ in my country, I was so happy I could run Crysis @ 1024x768 on very high :D
    I somehow remember all the cards I had. After that one I got the MSI GTX 275 TwinFrozr, GTX 570, GTX 670, GTX 970, GTX 1070 G1, Aorus 1080 Ti.
    The prices went up with each generation I bought..

Airbud likes this.
  17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Most of my friends left the PC field specially because of the awful prices, if the situation won't improve then PC gaming gonna die very very fast.

Legacy-ZA and tunejunky like this.
  18. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    this card is so unpopular it's selling below both 3070 and just slightly above 3060ti
    tbh if it they all dropped around $600 I'd get 70ti over 70 and undervolt it,
    it would still be faster than 3070 even if you lost 2-3%,especially at higher resolutions thanks to g6x memory
    https://www.purepc.pl/test-nvidia-g...-rtx-3080-pokona-amd-radeon-rx-6800?page=0,31

goes to say even a turd can be a good buy,depending how cheap you can buy it.