GeForce Hotfix Driver 466.79

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 10, 2021.

1. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    GeForce Hotfix display driver version 466.79 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 466.77.

The hotfix addresses the following issue:

• Display may flicker or lose signal when launching a game on an adaptive-sync VRR monitor in multi-monitor configuration when sharing the same display mode [3314055]
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5203

Download
    Windows 10 64-bit Standard Driver
    https://international-gfe.download....top-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe
    Windows 10 64-bit DCH Driver https://international-gfe.download....notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch.hf.exe

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    janos666 likes this.
  2. Venomsword

Venomsword Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Elite
    Holy sh@it ! It's pouring drivers this week. Green team is on the ramp.

janos666 likes this.
  3. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D amazing

Eripsa and valorex like this.
  4. KIBERMAX

KIBERMAX Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6Gb
    It's not funny anymore.

janos666 likes this.

5. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    when it rains it pours

janos666 likes this.
  6. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

They could always not fix things and people could complain about that instead?

If you're not having issues then don't worry about it.

It's like a 5 minute task to do drivers.

Adnan008 and dr_rus like this.
  7. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    What the heck, I installed 466.77 an hour ago.

mapnam charun likes this.
  8. carb1de

carb1de Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    long time lurker, haven't been on the forum for ages....

Has the whole, odd Gsync flicker thing been addressed yet?

Been getting round it this last year by using the global frame rate limit cap to keep FPS below the monitor refresh rate, just kinda hoped it would have been sorted now?

Maybe I should just get a new monitor to fix the issue!

9. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    The only game I recently played with major flickering issues with G-Sync on was GTA V, I don’t really notice flickering in other games even when frames drop. G-Sync implementation on the monitor itself also matters a lot. I can imagine monitors a few years old can suffer from a few odd flickering issues.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I use G-Sync + V-Sync and got my monitors 165Hz set to a lower refresh rate 60Hz.
    Capping fps to 60 in games and got no flickering issues.

11. GeorgeLoupis

GeorgeLoupis Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 3060 12GB
    Hello Guys.I have a question..
    I have 3060 Gpu and 2K two monitors connected to gpu through DISPLAY PORT.
    When i play a game in first monitor when i change to alt-tab to second monitor ,the monitors goes blank for 1s ..HDR is enabled.This is problem with drivers???I have the latest drivers.

12. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Might be a driver issue, seems like it. Make sure you have your monitors firmware/driver updated. Can't hurt to also check for windows updates and bios updates in general.

P.S. Swap cables or make sure both cables are not damaged.

13. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I still have some screen "blinking" issues with my RTX 3080 + LG C9 (G-Sync Compatible) + Denon AVR (as a "dummy" display) setup. Should I try DDU or is this still a thing after so many similar things mentioned in changelogs as fixed?
    The screen goes blank and the TV repeats the ALLM message like it was disconnected. I am sure this didn't happen earlier this year, this only started a few months ago. (I mean the screen often repeated the message while launching games - regardless of no resolution change - but it didn't go black.)

Edit: I tried disconnecting the Denon AVR (so TV only, no other displays) and swapping the HDMI cables but I still have crazy blinking on the Win10 logon screen. And then a few blinks on the desktop some 5-10 seconds after login. But there are no corruptions/blinking after that (at least until I launch a game or something like that).

Edit: Hmm. I ran DDU and there seems to be much less blinking now on the login screen. Although the screen still goes blank once for a little time after the login screen pops up. But there are no repeated blinks after that while I am typing my password.

Edit: Ehh! I rebooted again and there was still some flickering again right after I logged in.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  14. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I got this short post-login blank screen with DCH version installed by Windows (I forgot to disconnect internet during manual driver update). Non-DCH driver installation fixed that for me.

15. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Not for me. I went with a "clean" legacy (not DCH) install after DDU (I usually install regular DCH but not this time). The blinking is still here.

16. carb1de

carb1de Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I'm starting to wonder if my old S2716DG 144Hz (Dell circa. 2015) is just ageing, or early Gsync PCBs are just, rubbish.

yeah..... but, we've got very similar GPUs, I don't buy 80 series cards and ~144Hz monitors to have to turn it down to 60FPS, kinda defeats buying the hardware right? don't get me wrong, I do use RTSS FPS limiter to 140 FPS and it seems to help stutter but, you should be able to run a few FPS below your monitors refresh and get zero flicker. Well, even unconstrained!

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I just want a card that can give me death stable fps while being as silent as possible, 2080S is that with 60fps @2K, so no, it does not defeat buying hardware, since I still have to make some compromises with graphics settings in games to keep fps stable and the card cool.
    With an even better card I should be able to compromise less.

18. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I don't have any ICM profiles installed right now. But DDU should have reset those settings if I did (and I didn't reinstall any after using DDU).

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There is absolutely no behavioral difference between dch and standard, if it exists for one it exists for both.

20. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Longshot but when I watch something on my main tv in HDR it loses focus if I focus on the window on my side monitor and the HDR loses colour
    Anyone getting the same thing If you have 2 monitors 1HDR ?

Edit managed to fix the HDR De-focus with a ddu and reinstall of the driver

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021