Sound Blaster Z SE GetS New Software

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Maybe i should install my normal z again and see if it supports the new software , i ripped off the card off my computer few years ago the driver was hanging at seemingly random times resulting to bsod tried clean install etc and older versions too... The problem persisted , was not a certain way to triger it too some time it was 1 hour some times 10 ....it might be faulty hardware too. Meh one last try when i am not bored and if i get a bsod off to the recycling bin :p

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I think it does.

My Sound Blaster ZxR has the new Command software as well.

Venix likes this.
  4. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56

Odd this not new news it kind of old the software has been around for long time back in Jan and all the Sound Blaster Z model are compatible with the new Sound Blaster Command software.

Keitosha likes this.

5. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    I have the Z that has that breakout controller knob, I will try it out. I use the factory software and it works well enough.

6. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Keitosha likes this.
  7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Cool now remains to be seen if the card is faulty or not :p

8. Fergutor

Fergutor Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Super GX
    The problem with the new soft in the old Z is that it says it now supports virtual 7.1 but it doesn't really (on headphones. It works better on speakers, incredibly) side and rear channels are almost in the same place if not in the same place, using 7.1 sources reduces the volume and you can't actualy use games that self configure because windows only sees 5.1 channels.

FIX IT CREATIVE!!

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I think i'm one of the few in the world who never had problems with Creative Soundcards.

primetime^, KissSh0t and Venix like this.
  10. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Well, me neither. Except that the software before command made it hard to switch between headphones and analogue out

11. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I have the Zx lying around somewhere, it's been years since I'd used it, I wonder if it still owrks as I don't mind trying it out on my HTPC rig. Gosh, I gotta dig up the ACM (Audio Control Module), and I haven't the foggiest where it is.....

I'm one of those who'd had no serious issue with the Creative cards I'd owned, only realy issue was the odd popping sound which was annoying and intermittent as hell.

12. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    its still the same between Dolby/DTS and no Encoder if you use Digital, the workaround is to select speakers output in windows not SPDIF if you want to use the encoder, incredibly it works fine on 5.1 despite the pc reporting it as Stereo, think its more an issue from Windows that creative, the new soft works fine with the Z and later cards I have both in PCs

13. Abc666

Abc666 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1070 8GB
    Had one of those for a couple of days, never has my music sounded that un-natural. Returned it quickly

14. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    my past experience was from 2000 to ....2010 or so with the sound blaster live player ! ...pretty much stopped using it when the motherboard did not had any pci (the old ones) anymore !

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Same here, I used the same X-Fi soundcard since 2005 all the way up to the beginning of this year where I couldn't use it anymore because new motherboard didn't have pci and during that time of using it I never had an issue with it... to be honest I kind of miss it over the onboard of the new mobo.

TheDeeGee likes this.

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You're not missing out on anything. PC audio has stayed in the 90s. IL-2 fully supporting A3D had better audio than anything we are playing in 2021.
    If Nvidia had courage to bring luddites by the scruff of the neck into 21 century, why is Creative unwilling to do the same with audio?
    "Ray traced" audio would ride RT train and sell like hotcakes. Where is the problem?

17. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    if i am honest i never noticed the absence of my soundblaster Z when i removed it ...sound wise ... i guess i am a sound peasand in comparison even to small enthusiasts :p

Noisiv likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What type of speakers are being used?

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    you are not supposed to. not even if you were phillips golden ears graduate ;)

Venix likes this.
  20. Chert

Chert Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
    Already tried this software with my Z around Feb. I didn't like the sound quality so I reverted back to the latest available PAX-modded drivers which are already more than 3 years old.

These old modded drivers still work great for me up to now.