GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 466.74

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jun 9, 2021.

1. P_G19

P_G19 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 / 6GB
    Had that bsod 1~2 times after i updated to 466.63

2. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Out of curiosity where you running anything in particular when you experienced the BSOD's? LIke in a game only or just doing your desktop thing randomly. I haven't updated my driver so just wondering what might be causing it.

3. BoSL

BoSL Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX1060 6GB OC
    "Relax man , i think you are a little bit frustrated, we are not here to fight, i jyst gave my point of view, just respect or stfu, and i dont need your dumb explanations."

First you tell him to relax and that its not a fight, then you tell him to stfu and then continue to insult him.. Grow up, we´re not in kindergarten!

4. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    He was talking about the legal obligations of the manufacturers.
    Although many products ship without no CD (or pendriver, etc) but a paper piece directing you to the manufacturer's website for driver/software (or even the full manual, etc).
    I am not sure but I think manufacturers are legally entitled to fix serious driver bugs during the advertised warranty/support period. Correctly "driving" the hardware is part of being functional. And things like crashes or completely blocked advertised features are serious problems (effectively viewable as a dysfunction of the hardware). After the advertised warranty/support period they are free to cease support completely (e.g. stop driver updates regardless of software or OS changes which would require driver fixes/changes, even if it's related to security or the life-time expectancy of the hardware, etc).

Caesar likes this.

5. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Who are you, his father hh, i did not insult him, but he exasperate me with his bla bla like you., after all its normal that dumb people help each other.

6. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    Yep...what was happening with my RTX 2060 Super, when using a duplicate display (Elgato MK.2) it would crash when a game goes into fullscreen on the primary monitor. I would have to soft reset the driver and the mirrored display will work again.

7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, you all need to chill out...

chispy, Venix, Caesar and 2 others like this.
  8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Really tired of threads turning into arguments that offer no value to the actual thread topic. #stopbeingtriggered

chispy, endbase and BlackScout like this.
  9. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Stop acting like children. If you had no issues, then fine, if you did, install the driver. Like I am going to do. Jesus christ, you guys don't have real world problems to take care of? Jobs? Education? Do you just sit on your ass and complain all day about pointless garbage?

I hope this one fixes the reliability errors I was getting. I am sure reverting did.

iga and endbase like this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Eldest "Child" syndrome

"they forgot the 2xxx"

;)

11. beezee

beezee Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080Ti
    Give this douche a warning or ban and let's move on to topic please...

12. NEChris

NEChris Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 3GB
    This is really very naive. The only thing that interests nVidia is that their newest (most expensive) cards work with the newest and/or most popular games so that they don't lose any market share. That's why they continuously spit out new "optimised" drivers which perform worse and worse on older cards. It's all about the money...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    loracle likes this.
  13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    First of all watch your tone i did not tell you to stfu , about the dumb explanation ... There was no point of view at all was just you repeatedly stating that you had no issues with a complete missunderstanding what hotfixes are ...and what you would prefer em to be! Hotfixes as i told is the fixing of something specific as fast as possible ... Sarcasm was the method i used to pass my point across because is lighthearted and can bring a laugh or two ,no frustration at all ! Feel free to block me if you can not stomach being corrected i understand not everyone learns to act like an adult after all !

14. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Nice Thread so far thx all for making me read :)

15. Tantawi

Tantawi Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX3070
    What? :D Are we in the 1990s? people who buy those cards don't have anything that can play those "disks", assuming they even come with one, I haven't seen one in literarily 10 years.

Working drivers that make the product I bought works without problems is part of the package no matter how you look at it.

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I wonder why people like you don't get banned. You neither give any meaningful contribution to this discussion, nor you share useful informations, you just keep trolling in almost every driver-related thread.

Here's some smileys: ;););););):):):);););)

17. seox70

seox70 New Member

GPU:
    Asus 2060 super
    Did get the same on these to

18. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    1.You complete misunderstand me, when i said that i did not had the prob does not mean that i dont care, maybe i will have it in the future, dont be in defensive posture dude.
    2. Even if i did not understand your bla bla about telemetry ?? i always cut all useless features with the slimmer, so dont be affraid ;):)

19. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Ok sorry if i bothered you, but try to be more down to earth cause your tone also is a little bit provocative.

20. P_G19

P_G19 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 / 6GB
    I changed windows pagefile then restart.
    after about 20 min of Chrome usage i opened 4 tabs of Microsoft Stream then it happened.
    Just checked BlueScreenViewer (it happened 1 time not 2)