GeForce 466.63 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 3, 2021.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I failed to understand your reply. Sorry.

I was ironic with my question about branch number, because only NV developers can tell the difference. I mean all development companies have their own policies about branches.

2. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    411 = information (picked-up that cliché from American friends) and "we" meaning 3000 series owners (I have an NVLink 3090 set-up for mostly school) and any 411 from any NVIDIA's rep has not been as transparent and obtuse at their customer's concerns.

We don't have the luxury to roll back on mature drivers as the 900/1000/2000 owners unfortunately, so, please... spare us the technical - dot every "i" and cross every "t" lingo or jargon or anyway you decipher it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  3. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    I checked multiple shops, but this specific one was Scan. Was hoping to get Asus TUF, TUF OC or just an FE. I'll stick with my 1080 Ti for now, just put a water cooling block on it over the weekend as I didnt expect to get a 30series card anytime soon.

4. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

Why are you accelerating into super smug about seemingly nothing?

insp1re2600 likes this.

5. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    Another high latency driver from Nvidia.

DannyD likes this.
  6. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Am I the only one getting BSODs with these? (ntoskrnl.exe+3f6cf0)

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Display drivers don't cause ntoskrnl bsods, that'll be cpu or system memory (or a physical issue with the graphics card)

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Specific to hardware if so, no higher latency with it here.

endbase likes this.
  9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    One question: does DLSS implementation improve also on other games that support it, quality-wise? I was wondering if the technology improves over time by fixing some of the issues the dlss has (like that texture shimmering you get while moving and also the ghosting...) or if just stays unchanged. Is it up to the game developers to make it better or to nvidia?

For instance, in cyberpunk (1440p DLSS quality) I can still tell the difference between native and upscaled, because when moving the camera objects like fences and such become rather jagged and shimmer, which is a typical temporal reconstruction artefact. This of course does not occur when using the native res. Can this be fixed somehow?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  10. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    This driver has massively improved my SLI performance in Elite Dangerous Odyssey.....and broken adaptive sync. I'm seeing 90-99% GPU load with this one, that is near perfect SLI scaling.

11. BUDA20

BUDA20 Member

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080 ti
    for Deep Rock Galactic, I saw a massive drop in FPS, from always over 130/150+ to 110/120, using a true gsync module, disabling gsync in that game "fix" the problem (the game was "jerky" with gsync with older drivers, but always perform great), what was your issue?

12. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Don't say these things, people will jump at you for this. Useless to argue about it because people will think what they want to think and blame everything but the driver/software.

13. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Good game driver but i noticed a downgrade in IQ while playing re vilage might be just me idk xD

14. roryodonnell

roryodonnell Guest

GPU:
    I've noticed Doom Eternal now has a few micro stutters - I'm aware that Doom was updated just now, and I also updated my Nvidia drivers, so not sure who is the culprit !

mapnam charun likes this.
  15. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    So all drivers are DCH now?

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  17. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    The game ran way too slow with too much CPU load and too little GPU load. I'm getting the opposite now, GPU maxed out and CPU twiddling it's thumbs. SLI also doesn't work anymore in ED. I would like to move on and switch to a 3xxx card, if any were available and at a price that wasn't inflated by 200-300 %.

18. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  19. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I'm playing Forza Horizon 4 @ 240hz/fps but after this driver update my game is stuttering a bit. Maybe it's just reloading map textures or something but it doesn't seem as smooth as the older driver. I'm still getting the same fps but some little hiccups too with this driver.

20. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    These drivers were a failure for me. My laptop has a 2070 in it and currently runs v465.89. The installer (for the notebook version) was unable to find compatible hardware and barfed.