Can you game on dev driver 470.05?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by nuken, Apr 1, 2021.

1. nuken

nuken Guest

GPU:
    rx 580
    So by now the world should know about the leak of Dev driver 470.05, but my question is can we game on 3060?? are there any difference between official driver and the dev driver? (what i meant by that is, in terms of fps when in games)

I just thought of that question, maybe its a dumb one, but does any one know?

Thanks.

2. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    There are no stupid questions imo but I don't think that driver has resizable bar tho has no interest for me maybe somebody else can give you the answer

3. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

What the frack is the "world"?

4. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 8GB
    The development driver is obviously a beta driver and might be more unstable than the usual final release. It's only a matter of time and luck if you run into a bug which is not present in a proper final release.
    Yes you can game on it for a while until a new game enforces you to upgrade the driver to some newer version but IMO if you chose 3060 for mining on the side while being a gamer, you chose the wrong card.

5. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    of course,it's a geforce driver.it's not the final version though.so by all means check it out,if you have time to test it and deal with any issues that may or may not emerge.

6. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I'm using the 470.14 version found on this forum, and it works fine, both on my 3070 and my 1070.

All games I have tested, no issues.

And it does support BAR on you card.

7. fear029

fear029 Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX980 D
    You can game on them but you should ask is if they're any good for gaming. I've ran benchmarks on them and they are not very good for synthetic benches or real games.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    there is no point to install a dev driver if you gaming

9. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    There was also no point in replying to a 2 month old topic, but here we are

Dagda likes this.