Gigabyte makes fun of "Made in China" and sees their shares collapse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 14, 2021.

1. sabbede

sabbede Member

GPU:
    EVGA NV260-216; 8600GTS
    Wait, really? I guess I'm a Gigabyte customer from now on.

Oh, and to anyone making the mistake the CCP is trying to force on the world - Taiwan is not a part of Communist China. It is an independent democratic state. It is the accurately named Republic of China, not the deceptively misnamed "People's" Republic of China.

The CCP can f- itself right in their genocidal, slaving, hyper-polluting, tyrannical, organ-stealing asses.

Oh, and I'm disgusted by the "lifted from a CCP press-release" tone of the article. I guess Bloomberg picked the wrong side.

AkiraLeir, AsiJu and KissSh0t like this.
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I know a lot of people have already commented on this (and they're right in establishing the differences), but something to add: the vast majority of countries do not recognize Taiwan as an independent country. It effectively is one, but officially it is not. Both countries insist they are the real China, which is why they have such similar names.

I've had a good but not great experience. I got a board with a 3 year warranty. It died a couple months before the warranty expired. I RMA'd it, and they sent back the same broken board. I forget what I did but I managed to convince them to get me a new board, which they did.

MerolaC likes this.
  3. foetopsyRus

foetopsyRus Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX 3080
    who would say, in Russia gigabytes are disliked because of the eternally crooked bios and current gaskets, the quality is not much lower, at 3080 they change thermal pads for mining, otherwise they overheat, and in general 3070/3080 are noisy, but the white 3070 gigabytes are not bad both the memory and the chip are just excellent, but these poor connectors spoil everything, came across with bent pins
    software has gigabytes at the very bottom, at least I used colorful this is heaven and earth

4. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    We should move our manufacturing back to our shores, might be more expensive, but it's the right thing to do.

Valken, jbscotchman and carnivore like this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the power and or drawback of "social" media and posting to them

Valken likes this.
  6. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I'd say North Korea is among the worst

China's inner market will likely be bigger than USA and EU combined one day.

7. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    If I needed a motherboard, I would buy a Gigabyte one, just to help them out and to spite China.

8. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I’m on my second Gigabyte graphics card and I’ve had no issues.

9. Skylinestar

Skylinestar Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    NGL, the only not-made-in-China PC parts that I have are a Noctua cooler and intel cpu.

10. Chert

Chert Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
    Yep. That's why I switched to Gigabyte for my mobo.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Silva likes this.

11. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Some youtubers reviews say good things about MSI.
    I have a friend that is on his second motherboard (had B450 Tomahawk and upgraded to B550M Mortar) and is very happy.
    Same friend had an Asus B450 Pro and it died 2 times, the third board had problems and he finally switched for MSI.
    Don't buy Asus GPUs either, they have a fast death and Asus doesn't even honour warranty.

12. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Products Made in China are going to be crap 99% of the time, not because China is incapable of making quality products, but because the REASON it was made in China in the first place was cost savings.
    Its like when companies outsource a help desk to India. Fact is, there is no reason to do so unless they are cutting costs. Thats why Indian help desks have a reputation of being poor quality, the company went super cheap. It isnt because Indians are incapable of running a help desk, but because the motivation to moving the help desk to India in the first place was cost savings. Now, could a company outsource a helpdesk to India and still have good customer support? Sure. But they would have to pay much more, which defeats the purpose of outsourcing in the first place.
    China is the same thing. The motivational reason a business sources products from China, 99% of the time, is cost saving. That is why a Made in China sticker on a product automatically gives consumers second thoughts about the quality.

Its also why when you look up high quality PSUs to buy, what does the narketting material say all over? "ALL JAPANESE CAPACITORS". Because Japanese capacitors have a reputation of being high quality.

Valken and Silva like this.
  13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's what xi winnie pooh moron jinping thinks.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Venix, MerolaC and Brasky like this.
  14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Also someone ignorant about politics/regions.
    So, yeah.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    In China, people get what they pay for. You can have super cheap and low quality goods. Or you can actually contract entire factories to work just for you and make products you want at quality levels you are willing to pay for.

I never had problem with Made in China except when it is food. Not because I think they can't make quality food. They surely can make that too. But it is weird surprise when you eat something and then realize it was from China. It is logistic waste. USA/EU/... everyone can produce apples/pears/... and sell them. Why would someone grow them in China, then put them on ships and moved across half of the world?

Anyway, people get what they pay for. And Gigabyte did not only berate China, they did same to rest of the world as almost everyone uses products Made in China.

Valken likes this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    If only we had a President that thought the same way. Oh wait, we did and social media banned him.

17. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    You had a president with serious mental illness and potentital to become dictator and threat to entire world. And great shame for America.

Valken, Silva, carnivore and 2 others like this.
  18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You should really turn off the cable news.

19. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    No need for cable news. Just common sense. Any intelligent person can see what DT is. Outside US is easier, better perspective. Paranoid lunatic.

Silva likes this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Why you do you gotta get all personal with name calling? Oh wait, no need to answer lol.