Corsair Brings iCUE lighting control to ASUS motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2020.

1. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    They are adding MSI support now - we don't know if there will be more boards added or which boards are supported but theres that.

2. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070Ti
    Im staying on the old version 3.38.61,
    the new version they got rid of the Dpi brightness option for my Glaive Mouse so the 5 blue lights are back to bright af blue, which ruins the side light color (depending on your color choice)

3. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Do we ever get patchnotes on these? The updates don't do anything i feel like. Atleast don't deactivate plugins and services that you don't even need (like the audio service & msi plugin service if you have neither of these connected)..

mehrdad likes this.
  4. mehrdad

mehrdad Guest

GPU:
    6900XT
    What's new added ???
    It's just deceptive
    I have a saber rbg pro champion series mouse and void rgb wireless headset and I want to sync them with icue app but every each of them require different versions of icue and I haven't been able to sync them until now.

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    WOW.......825mb for the latest version, thats a big chunk out of my 2tb Corsair MP 600 ProXT ;), apart from the 50mb or so increase ....i see no difference....but it does work well atm.

6. Wtf :p

CUE 2.0 is only 200MB. Last I checked iCUE 3.0, it was about 400MB. How did it grow to over 800MB, and what could it possibly contain to justify a 400MB increase? Last I checked, iCUE 4.0 didn't even offer all the same functionality as iCUE 3.0. I couldn't disable DPI states on my HARPOON RGB mouse with it.

I've only heard horror stories about iCUE, and ran into some issues with the early 3.0 releases. I don't dare mess with it nowadays. At a minimum, if I need to change my mouse polling rate, I roll a quick install of iCUE 3, change the setting, and remove it. For RGB, I can do OpenRGB pretty nicely, and also control my keyboard, mouse, and ASUS motherboard lights with a 4MB package :p

Corsair really needs to just offer a bare-bones package somewhere for simple driver settings and firmware updates. I don't need an entire OS-sized piece of software running dozens of background tasks and eating GPU memory to change those settings.

shaga likes this.
  7. hwanzi

hwanzi Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    try out bcuninstaller itll find all that stupid crap and delete it when u uninstall stuff

nick0323 likes this.
  8. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Hey maybe they're trying to compete with Nvidia for their graphic card drivers on the first to 1GB!

shaga likes this.
  9. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    984mb is getting a bit excessive, going to be a lot of unneeded junk in with it, I just hope it shows my new Msi 550m mortar correctly...... and the answer is NO, only Corsair devices on the home page, so Ive gone from my Msi x570 Unify being displayed incorrectly to no Msi being displayed...also the dashboard seems to display the same info, looking at the date stamp on the installed files I dont see what has been updated or added, if only Msi center could detect my K70 rgb keyboard and m65 rgb mouse with needing icue installed

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    icue should be left uninstalled.

southamptonfc likes this.

11. Hexen525

Hexen525 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6900XT
    Do they ever release update notes? Da fuq these updates fix? I have seen zero issues resolved in the last 2-3 years of having this software on multiple PCs.

12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Mine worked "properly" 2 years ago. My lighting got progressively worse (with software/bios updates) and now it's been at about half functionality for most of that time.

Asus lighting is a mixed bag, at best. It's like trail mix with no M&Ms and is also stale.

13. spidermind79

spidermind79 Active Member

GPU:
    Pny 4090 XLR8
  14. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer Member

GPU:
    rtx 2080 asus dual
    Well this version of icue stops my razer huntsman elite from showing up in razer synapses software. Even if I uninstall and went back to an older version. I have to use system rollback to before my upgrade or fresh install of icue and all works fine. Trouble is you have to upgrade to new version to install the pump LCD screen firmware update. So if you using the same keyboard as me on a Gigabyte z690 master and have the same keyboard as me make sure you set a restore point to before you upgrade icue, so that you can update the firmware on the LCD Screen, so if you do have any issues you can go back after you installed firmware.

15. Hexen525

Hexen525 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6900XT

16. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    So the last 2 releases were 0.97gb...now its 1.1 gb....WTF is going on with Corsair

17. jorgerod01

jorgerod01 New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 3080RTX
    Hello everybody. I have version 4.28.174 all is working fine. Upgrade to 4.29.203 and all sata SSD and HDD drives disappear after reboot except nvme drives. I have to do a system restore to get it working again. Windows 11 Pro 22H2, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Motherboard using AMD-RAID Controller for all sata drives. Does anyone know how to solve the problem? Thanks

18. jorgerod01

jorgerod01 New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 3080RTX
    I got all the drivers working. After installing the iCUE driver 4.29.203 I reinstalled the latest AMD RAID Installer (SATA, NVMe RAID) and everything went back to normal.

19. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Ditched every thing for SignalRGB...works like a charm.

20. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Got OpenRBG. Learning curve but works great.