Screen Capture for Desktop - can't get it to work anymore

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by DaRkL3AD3R, May 13, 2021.

1. DaRkL3AD3R

DaRkL3AD3R Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I use RTSS Hotkey Handler (previously MSI Afterburner settings menu) to do all my screenshotting off a single key. I used to as recently as January 2021, be able to capture the entire Windows Desktop using this hotkey. But no matter what I do, I cannot get this to work anymore. It simply will not make any capture if I am not selecting a program with RTSS hooked to it. I have also tried switching back to MSI Afterburner screen capture, but no such luck.

Can anyone think of any particular reason or change that might result in me not being able to capture the desktop with RTSS anymore? I'm guessing it has to have something to do with RTSS hooking perhaps the DWM or some other Windows process to capture from that buffer, but I don't understand what might have caused this change.

Thanks

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    By chance, is your "Video-Capture-Mode" set to 3D-App so it is ignoring the Windows Desktop?
    Or is it set to mixed mode and you have a (falsely detected) 3D-App running, you may check with a click on the i (info-button) and scroll down where found 3D-Aps are listed.

upload_2021-5-13_20-34-43.png

DaRkL3AD3R likes this.
  3. DaRkL3AD3R

DaRkL3AD3R Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I could kiss you lol this was the trick. I had it set to mixed but MSI Afterburner menu was showing GameBarFTServer.exe was being hooked. Soon as I added that to the blocked list in RTSS and then killed the process, voila back to screenshotting the desktop. You're my hero, thank you so much!

Andy_K likes this.