Resident Evil 8

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  2. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It's a genuine leak, the issue only shows up over time, i doubt that having more VRAM "fixes" the issue, more than likely it just makes it manifest later.
    If it was that simple then lowering VRAM allocation to textures would've achieved same results.

To clarify, i can enable RT, pause the game and leave it running for 30-40 minutes and it'll eventually crash the driver, leaving only black window.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Finished the game the other day.

Standard difficulty, took me 8 hours 42 minutes. And I explored A LOT, killed most the mini boses and cleared every house in the village, the castle, the swamp, but missed a few elsewhere. Not a very long game and not too hard either but very enjoyable. The doll section in the basement....... if you know, you know :p

I had a few fps issues here and there, mainly just the flies from the vampires would cause the fps to drop into single digits for about 2-3 seconds and then shoot back up again. Also the game would hitch/stutter slightly when entering new areas but nothing major. The game ran butter smooth otherwise every maxed out completely (VRS on balanced), RT maxed, at 1440p and the game would be a rock solid 120fps (capped in game).

Probably the best RE game for me since RE4. I didn't gel with 7 like some did but 8 seemed to bring back that feeling from 4 mixed with horror.

coc and Witcher29 like this.
  4. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I never had a crash on vilage yet i did noticed in rare occations the game will fill up my vram to say like 9980 gb but never had a crash only in the vilage the vram goes up so high other locations not so much. The center of the vilage on 1440p max settings rt on.

5. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I imagine it's not as simple as just having RT enabled as by then i'd expect CAPCOM to catch this issue before release but for anyone affected by the memory leak issue it is RT that causes it.

6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Are there any other games similar to this on PC? Old or new? I'm salivating for another action/horror experience after finishing this, and don't really like the hide n seek horror that has flooded the gaming world in the past 10 years......

I've played all RE games by the way and Silent Hill.

8. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    The Evil Within and Blair Witch

Undying likes this.
  9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Played Evil Within and loved it, and I played the second but I do need to finish it though.

Blair Witch also didn't gel with me, it was way to slow.

I wish THQ would bring back those old PS2 classics like The Suffering, The Thing, and there was another but I can't remember what it was called. They were all pretty decent action horror games.

Oh and Condemned needs a reboot or a third game, damn that was so good.

AsiJu and Archvile82 like this.
  10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    moan moan moan moan...... blah blah blah

the game looks great, runs great, and is fun. During gameplay I don't zoom in 400% to check out each pixel

AsiJu and Archvile82 like this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    This video should be called, crying for 20min about poor raytracing.

Archvile82 likes this.
  12. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Yes, that's DF in a nutshell.
    For some reason, they have a huge fetish for Ray-tracing.
    Some might say, that's why they got the RTX 3080 sooner than any other review outlet.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Not DF as a whole but Aleks itself. Hes a huge nvidia shill going and on and on about raytracing while neglecting other details of the game.

14. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Honestly speaking this is a technical overview of the PC version, what else he was supposed to do - he isn't rating the game itself, just the technical part of the PC version.
    I feel like he touched upon every technical subject and mentioned a slew of issues, raytracing itself aside.

pharma likes this.
  15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    like backing out the menu with RMB instead of ESC????? Really? I actually find using RMB to back out of menu's far more intuitive than using ESC. Sure the menus do move slowly but he never mentioned there is a mouse sensitivity option that you can change to fix it. And he moaned about the lack of an FOV slider, granted is a cause to moan, but he then didn't notify his viewers that there is an FOV mod that fixes the issue completely. It's as if he just tries to find issues to complain about with a game without giving any fixes for, other than his "optimised settings".

When you have to show side by side comparisons to see a difference or you have to zoom in 400% you have already lost the argument and your point is invalid.

AsiJu likes this.

16. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I disagree, the UX stuff i also found stupid and tedious, especially lack of easy "quit" button which is something all prior RE games on this engine had so it feels like really weird step backward for no good reason.
    FOV slider is also an issue, the existence of 3rd party hacks is by no means an excuse for lack of built in functionality.
    As far as TAA stuff goes - well, to compare aliasing you kinda need to zoom in on details so that's the exact point of it and it's clearly somewhat defective.

Besides an existence of external FOV mod, there's not much in terms of fixes that he or the community can provide, the whole point is to bring the issues to a spotlight since they do have a platform for it and thus force CAPCOM's hand to acknowledge and fix them in future - i see nothing wrong here. Sure, those aren't "critical" and gamebreaking issues but they're issues nevertheless. He never once said that the game is literally unplayable because of them.

pharma likes this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Undying likes this.
  19. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    The game DOES have technical issue beyond the Ray-Tracing quality. For one the TAA doesn't work. There are still temporal noise in all the common areas that TAA is supposed to fix, the game has a weird pixelated look even with VRS off, particularly with things in the distance - look at the water tower behind the workshop. There are those loading stutters when going from loading trigger to loading trigger. Bug bi***es causing the stuttering as pointed out by everyone.

I'm playing it at 1440p with RT on with my 2070. However, I found that turning to texture setting down to High (2 GB) has smoothed out the game more than anything else. Could be the mem leak issue though. 1440p ultrawide is just too much for my card with RT on.

pharma likes this.
  20. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    VRS is definitely problematic in this game, something not seen in other tier 2 VRS game implementations. From the DF technical analysis: