(HELP NEEDED)my game is unresponsive when tabbing out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BlackNova92, May 10, 2021.

1. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    I've just recently noticed, when i tab out my game, overwatch in this instance, becomes unresponsive in my task-manager and i basically need to spam the game-icon to get back into the game(it only works when it's responsive again, so 50/50 chance).

I already tried to ask in the official forum but obviously, they don't know how to help and come with the typical copy pasta stuff.

Unbenannt.jpg

so what could it be?
    i tried to run the game in borderless, fullscreen and windowed and the only time it works is when you're actually "ingame" so when your card is not locked to the 60fps in menu and desktop, oh and it also seems to be happening in the menues, i forgot to mention that.

so could it simply be some sort of vsync, gsync, fps-cap problem, causing the game to lag and become unresponsive or could it be something else?

i've checked my system for errors but everything seems to be working fine, so i'm running out of ideas.

i'd love to hear what you guys think it could be.

2. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    it just does the usual blackscreen when i tab out or use the windows key, but just for a second. (only in fullscreen though).

3. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    anyone in here with an untouched "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore"

"Win32_AutoGameModeDefaultProfile" and "Win32_GameModeRelatedProcesses" key?

I played around with fullscreen optimizations and just trying to revert them to see if that makes a difference at all.

4. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    nvme system drive

5. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    ill give it a shot :)

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    don't alt tab, its a hack.

if you want to multitask and switch out use fullscreen optimizations or windowed fullscreen.

7. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    it made no difference, it does the same, i have to click several times to get back into the game.
    still couldn't figure out what the cause of the issue is.

8. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    I've noticed something that i haven't tried before, simply not move my mouse while i'm on the desktop, the result was, the game was unresponsive the whole time UNTIL i moved my mouse cursor on the desktop.
    I've never ever seen that happening before.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Do you use any 3rd party overlay, like Steam, RTSS, ReShade?

10. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    nope absolutely nothing, no backgrounds apps open, like a browser, music player or anything like that.