GeForce 466.27 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    470 aint coming until 21h2(octoberish)

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Isn't that the series that supports WSL 2 and WDDM3.0? Isn't that supposed to be 21h1?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no, 21h1 is just another update to 1904x

SmokingPistol and PrMinisterGR like this.
  4. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I'm running 20h2 for a time now stable for me :)

5. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    I had a BUG in Rocket League where the frame rate dropped, fluctuating between 85-140 (locked at 140), and returned to 452.06 to return to normal. GTX1060 6G

6. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    I AM SO SICK OF THIS CRAP FROM NVIDIA. I cannot play one game, NOT ONE, without having to do work arounds or it crashes the system. Either disconnecting my 2nd monitor or messing with config files for games or starting game in safe mode in the case of new version of Metro Exodus Or a big flashing White screen during Euro Truck Sim 2 that goes away depending on GPU Load. Nothing works properly either in 8K res or with a 2nd monitor attached. Problem after problem. Cannot change res without crashing. Cannot launch games without crashing. Your boss and PR was all about BFGD's and 8K but the truth of it is nothing runs properly at all on it and its a bleeding edge mess with no support WHAT SO EVER. I feel as though I have wasted my money on a 3090 as its just a bad experience. You may be laughing all the way to the bank but your company is fraudulent if they say it can do something smoothly when It cannot. Currently Writing a letter of intent towards Nvidia UK since Im getting no support at all.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is already fixed, it was an issue in the game client when loading cached shaders from a prior driver.

I'm sick of reading posts where users with hardware issues or OS corruption whine about driver bugs that don't exist too.

and...... oh, surprise surprise, you're the only one i can find of reporting anything like this.

You should probably stick to the bios the card shipped with instead of force flashing that from other cards.

reduce the offset so your card is at reference clocks and test with default performance setting, if it stops crashing your card has been shipped with a clock it isn't capable of under tuned drivers.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    rab3072 likes this.
  8. Kr4nks0599

Kr4nks0599 Guest

GPU:
    1050 TI/ 4GB
    I have a 1050ti and warzone crash in the loading page without error

9. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    I know this to be driver issues because it changed recently on the new driver branch
    And where did you get that im running another bios ? I never mentioned that ?

10. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ---

no issues here with this driver.
    try installing DDU and doing a clean wipe with the option ticked to suppress windows from installing new driver apon reboot that way you can install the driver with your cable still in...

11. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    maybe someone knows your previous postings on other threads?

12. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Perfectly normal to be rooting through someones old comments /s

Again doesnt state what bios I am currently on and why It was fine before this driver branch....

13. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    if you want to play cute then don't bitch. if you're going to deny you could have problems (which changing drivers DO bring up!) then just go buy AMD or intel (eventually)

bub bye

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The installer has no internet interaction what so ever.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Reference driver can only be guaranteed to work on Reference boards.
    Its bad enough that vendors slap unstable overclocks on cards left right and center and then sell them at a premium only to ship you back a just as broken refurb.

Vbios has a table for output ports that is specific to the card, once you go flashing other vendors bios's anything can go wrong, like multiple display crapping itself because a port is not actually what the vbios reports it to be and the driver introduces a fix intended for the port it should be (or shouldn't be for that matter).

16. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Are you trying to install the DCH version? That might try to pull the control panel from Windows store. If so, try to download and install the Standard version of the driver instead (you may have to run DDU first, though).

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DCH drivers side load an included Appx package if its not already installed.

18. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I blame this driver (maybe all new drivers since they introduced a colour management related settings) for messing with monitor calibration software. That software was working for several years but after I installed this newest NV driver the software started to act strange - not starting and saying that one copy of app is already executed in another window. I managed to solve the issue by elevating the launch. Very bizzare.

19. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    ...derp

Xtreme512 and intellimoo like this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Nothing to do with the "installer" then

The file you download is not an installer, its an executable archive with a digital certificate on it, the installer is within this archive and only run once all files are unpacked to the c:\nvidia location

Your explorer hanging is due to an old bug where Smart Screen not being able to contact the cloud locks the shell up due to a timeout failing to trigger.

https://www.tenforums.com/antivirus...6611-smartscreen-can-t-reached-right-now.html

XantaX likes this.