Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krteq, May 6, 2021.

1. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    ENB/ReShade/SweetFX are all based on injecting 3rd party shaders.

So, if standard in-game shaders are working perfectly fine, it means that's on those 3rd party shaders developers to fix an issue

itpro likes this.
  2. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    The more advanced features do also ingame depth buffer detection.

I don't know where it went wrong, but alsways worked.
    Reshade with the global illumination shader works fine too.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    itpro likes this.
  3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    10 times already since 2.3.x

PieEyedPiper, Pictus and GSDragoon like this.
  4. rob77

rob77 Guest

GPU:
    vtx3d 7970 extreme

5. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt
    How on earth can they release a driver with so many known issues and fix very little.

Kuss and GSDragoon like this.
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    More fixes and reducing the known issues list would be nice but this feels like a RE8 and Metro Exodus EE support driver with a few landed bug fixes added in so it's primarily for the up-to ~15% for RE8 and if I'm reading it right around the same for Metro.
    Looking at the performance comparisons and benchmarks AMD seems to be providing either the 21.5.1 driver or a slightly earlier release candidate variant of it for testing purposes and benchmarks.

So the optimizations and driver work positions their GPU's better against NVIDIA Ampere (Where it looks like 466.27 is the recommended driver.) probably particularly for Resident Evil 8 and Capcom/AMD working together but it sounds like it also provides a nice boost in performance for Exodus and the developers are utilizing some nice updates for ray tracing even if it's also working with NVIDIA for stuff like the denoiser being used. :)

https://www.4a-games.com.mt/4a-dna/in-depth-technical-dive-into-metro-exodus-pc-enhanced-edition

So it's a game support driver with a few bug fixes that were ready merged in the way I'm looking at it.
    Hopefully 21.5.2 or whatever is next can continue fixing up the other bugs and the unlisted stuff.
    (D3D9 and Cry-Engine 3 performance issues, Radeon Settings crash issues, CPU/GPU utilization issues - some of that's game or game engine stuff too though. - in several popular games for RDNA2 and others that I've probably lost track of.)

Krteq and PrEzi like this.
  7. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    got a lot of fps drop on latest drivers on win10 installed on ssd. on my 2nd spare windows 7 on hdd runs much better,the only playable mode for is windowless mode. changing settings from high to medium doesn't matter and i always have ~1.5 gb video memory is free. and still have large lags on Crysis 2.

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    driver seems to run well

same as last few sets except the flickering is fixed on clothes in rdr2

9. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    It seems that the 10 bit pixel format setting under Graphics has been removed.

10. Kuss

Kuss Member Guru

GPU:
    7800xt
    10bp is there using it now

DanielRX likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm maybe it shows up on compatible hardware now or something?

Example images from somewhere from the internet.
    [​IMG]

In addition to the 10-bit display depth. (Example image from AMD's website this time.)
    [​IMG]

I'm still a bit vague as to it's functionality but the best I got was that it switched the desktop composition from 8-bit to 10-bit and a different format, mainly for applications and work but it does also affect windowed and borderless display modes.
    Could perhaps do something as to certain dither patterns but compatibility and a increased memory usage possibly lowered performance as well as a drawback.

Plus various VRR and Free-Sync display compatibility issues I think was a thing too.

12. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Nobody needs 10bit pixel format. I have told you multiple times. It does nothing for the average user. Even 10-12bpc mean nothing. It's not your choice to use those settings or not, it's up to the application.

13. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt
    It certainly is a RE8 support driver lol
    "Resident Evil Villageā„¢ may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon VII graphics products in the first mission of the game."

14. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Here enabling 10 bits pixelformat results in a blank screen with w10 preview 21376, took me a while to figure out which setting cause it after setting everything at my choice in section imagequality.
    Have also tested the latest 27.20.14501.28009 from windows store, but they came without radeonsettings and the one from 21.5.1. gives a mismatch. And.....Skyrim enb runs with the withy the driver alone so without radeonsettings installed with that store driver, so it must be a setting in the radeonsoftware settings (CCC) or the overlay from from it.

15. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Btw, how can I prevent windows updating my drivers? I thought, under advanced options, disabling updates for other Microsoft products.. was sufficent? But I allmost got the update again without CCC.

edit, this is the right predure?
    Right click the Start button and select Control Panel. Make your way to System and Security. Click System. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar. Select the Hardware tab. Press the Device Installation Settings button. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

OnnA likes this.

16. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    You need to block them through registry and/or services if you have pro version of windows.

Disabling updates for other Microsoft products is not the way at all, you need this for other Microsoft components or software like Office, etc. It is irrelevant for your unique hardware.

17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    I was blind. Now I see it.

Use DDU or Winaero Tweaker

18. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Well, other than AMD refusing to even acknowledge the Gloomhaven texture bug issue this drivers looks like a keeper for me so far. Zero issues and everything is smooth as butter.

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Again working as intended. Clocked at 2750 in drivers boosts to 2702 in games periodically. Usually hangs around 2650 in higher intervals. Going to test RE8 soon and see how it plays....RE7 averaged 240.6 fps at 2k maxed!!!! Can't waiit to see how Village does.

No instabilites at all on Win 10 build 21376.co. Really impressed.

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    It's not listed as known issue, but they are aware of it, I personally raised a ticket for it.
    Also Disco Elysium issue while listed as fixed still occurs, that is also known to driver team.