GeForce 466.27 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Apr 29, 2021.

1. lexuger

lexuger Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 Super
    Im understand, but the same as they do motherboard bios updates with the ReBar, they could also do it for only a previous series the BIOS update for turing, share the same architecture.

but it doesn't matter, because it's frack business.

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    lack of technology of the previous gen

3. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    I don't use rebar or hags and still experience quite frequent 15-25ms spikes depending on gpu usage most of the time (the higher the more frequent)
    Games like wow for example are on the smoother side while games like vermintide its....not so smooth if you've seen the link.
    Using driver 466.11 (also tried 457.51)
    Playing on 1080p instead of 1440p seems to reduce the issue signficantly so I'm thinking of selling my current 1440p 165hz monitor and getting a 1080p/144hz monitor which isn't really a big deal for me and its the cheaper temporary "fix" unless nvidia releases a driver that fixes the issue.

The only change from my old system was the gpu so it has to be something up with the gpu/driver.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  4. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Possibly?I don't own ultrawide so I can't really say but there is a massive difference in frametime smoothness between 1440p and 1080p (both 144hz/165hz) it's like the 3080 can't handle 1440p properly for some reason.

And yes its very upsetting since I tend to fixate and notice stuff like this.The gpu so far has been a dissapointment.Also tried re-seating gpu/ram and another clean install of w10 with no change.

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Why not select adaptive in global profile and prefer performance in games` profiles?

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Not that. ReBar is PCI-Express specification from early 2000s. All PCI-Express cards (not only GPUs) can utilize it.

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    1000Hz.

8. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Because RTX 3000 series does not have adaptive option in NVCP only ''normal'' and ''max. performance'', it's ok I use ''normal'' for all others and max perf. for older games, works ok so far

jura11 likes this.
  9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm getting sound popping on this driver as well, and I use a Sound Blaster ZxR. Thanks Jensen, very cool.

nVidia have been trying their hardest to reach AMD levels of legendary drivers recently. Are those clowns going to release a hotfix or are we stuck waiting a month?

10. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I'm sure continued berating and insulting them will get results.

11. AuRiMaS666

AuRiMaS666 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Talked too soon, 466.11 does that as well, but with less larger pops and more minor crackles and skips if that's the right way to describe it.

Now testing 465.89. If those don't work, pretty sure 461.92 was free of this problem.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm sure brown nosing for someone who isn't here, over a joke, will get results.

Let's be serious then, nVidia has been a procreating disgrace this year in every imaginable way and their drivers have been bad to the point that it's obvious they haven't a care in the world about quality now that scalpers and miners guarantee they sell their trash no matter what. nVidia have shown either nothing, or disdain towards the audience who got them to where they are, and their comically worthless shills have reached such legendary levels of retardation that strangers on the internet feel ashamed for them.

How's that? Is that better?

nVidia delivering working drivers for their absolutely insanely overpriced products isn't some sort of magnanimous blessing we should praise them for, or beg them for when it's not delivered all year. And the last thing we need is more people like you white knighting for them the instant they get criticized for a year of failure.

Get it through your thick head: If they continue this, the moment any competition and stock exists everyone who's fed up will jump ship. And that's enough people to even get the attention of a multi billion dollar company.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    gx-x, lukas_1987_dion and tty8k like this.
  13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Pretty sure the boss wants us all to be nice to each other no?

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I just tried reverting drivers, but some things, like some movies in MPC-HC still pop/crackle on any driver that officially has RBAR and I did want to keep that functionality since I have AC Valhalla currently installed. Great. Any reports if they've been aware of this? The complaints about this issue go back a long time.

I assume a "Game Ready" driver update will be out sooner due to RE Village being released in 2 days, but unless they explicitly state that they're fixing the issue I doubt anything will change.

15. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Sadly, not completely true, though. NVIDIA's poor driver performance started months before the 3000 series, COVID-19 and mining.

IDK, but it really do seems like NVIDIA's driver/firmware QA management team has definitely took a serious hit within the last year or two.

And sadly, it is not just their drivers that are performing much softer, it's also unfortunately NVIDIA's featured suites and console like GAMESTREAM (no new games has been supported in months), GFNow, GFExperience, NVIDIA Shield TV (hasn't received any new firmware update since January :eek:), etc., and it's very concerning to witness it all.

I feel like something more sinister is going on with NVIDIA's software management (lack of).

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i doubt its the driver, more likely windows itself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlast...crackling_and_distortion_zxr_after_microsoft/

probably should use the feedback hub reporting/trace feature and let microsoft know.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Well using the insider 470.25 drivers has dramatically reduced it, so far in what I've tested it only occurs during scrubbing through a video, and much less than before. I only tested a bit so far so I don't know if it's a good enough band-aid for now.

18. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

Well, probably solved then.

19. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Same here with 3080, Ryzen 5800X and SoundBlaster ZxR. Sound popping on Forza Horizon 4.

Herochild likes this.
  20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Apparently not, it crashes in games every time, and causes other glitches while on the desktop.
    If that unstable insider 470.25 driver was any indication, maybe there's drivers coming which reduce the problem, but I have no idea when one based on that 470 branch is coming.