New Battlefield imminent, two images of reveal trailers have leaked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 3, 2021.

1. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    I guess there is no cheaters now?

2. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    How is the net-code gonna work with 128 player maps, my guess is not very well and we'll see 64 or 96 servers most likely.

Don't get me wrong 128 player sounds amazing but we'll have to wait and see i suppose.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    AH!

That's another interesting point as to one of the biggest problems battlefield has: ADMINS OF PRIVATE SERVERS

These less-than-basement-dwelling-ogres are responsible for more heartache than the loss of an internet connection mid-game.

Got a 3/1 K/D or higher? Banned
    Better at flying a jet than the admin who is on the other team in a jet? Banned
    Your team is winning? Team switched
    Like shotguns? Banned
    Like sniper rifles? There is a one person per team limit, that you have to apply for by logging into a 3rd party website using your email address for battlefield...
    Want to be a gunner in the attack chopper? The pilot gets to choose, and, can waste precious gameplay moments by parking the chopper on top of a flaming vehicle, to burn you, killing you, so their boyfriend can jump into your seat...after of course spending useless moments calling you gay in public chat and threatening to kill you if you do not exit the vehicle - after all of this, the admin will permaban YOU.
    Managed a way to pilot a scout heli to the oppositions base, and drop C4 on the mobile AA that has been firing at you for an hour and has a 40/0 k/d? Banned.
    Like T-Bagging your slain enemies? Banned
    Like using an 870 shotgun with frag/slug rounds and a 6X scope to shoot snipers? Banned
    Use melee attacks? Banned

Did I miss anything, fellow gurus?

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Falkentyne, big ROBOT bill and Airbud like this.
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Yep, plenty of servers still full.

Shame it has hardcoded mouse acceleration though.

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I hate mouse acceleration, i can't comprehend how someone can like it.

Undying likes this.
  6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    And in COD too. COD games always had longer and more "cinematic/theatrical" campaigns, but not now.

Undying likes this.
  7. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    Feels a bit...futuristic themed? Not 2142...but...2042?

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    More like experimental tech.

9. Karl

Karl Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 3070
    Well, this sounds still better than going against a player that has 10 spectator videos of them going 300-0 in a span of 3 years and still going strong. Not to mention 75% of players in a server having 200+ ping. I'm not even exaggerating. There was a period of time where all EU operation servers had at least 50% 200+ pings and 2/3 of the servers had blatant cheaters + not so obvious high ping snipers that randomly snap to plane multiple times every time their target goes behind a wall when you spectate them.

10. Abc666

Abc666 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1070 8GB
    Battlefield 2 was the last good battlefield for me and i played all of them, since then it all went downhill..i mean BF3 has no mod tools..., compared to BC2 it had : worse animations, worse destruction, horrid looks after its beta, shadows ruined, colors in general had to be attempted fixed using reshade. It was in many way a much smaller game than BF2, didnt allow 2 seater jets, air combat became a joke in general to.
    BC2 was special and in it self a very good game, but hardly a "real" battlefield with player count cut in half, even dice mentioned it as a spin off. But it did alot of other things extremly well.

Got low expectations for BF6, if someone knows how to fck up massive potential it's EA.

11. Abc666

Abc666 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1070 8GB
    Has BF ever had any kind of singleplayer that was worth anything ? I tried BF3 campaign and it was so bad, almost embarrassingly bad.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    BF4 actually have the best campaign. Some thought went into it and gameplay is pretty nice.

13. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    They had better sort out an Anti-cheat system to ban cheaters unlike Battlefield 5! And update their Firestorm/Battle-royale!

14. Wipspeed

Wipspeed Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gam
    The second picture kind of reminds me of BF2142, flying the gunship in pilot view

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The most interesting statistic about these games is the amount of players who complete the single player campaign over the weekend and then trade the game in on monday

16. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I'm guessing it isn't a thing because it doesn't work well...

17. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    For me the biggest issue was always map design. Since BF3, they are all just terrible open maps. On many of them you have planes completely dominating ground combat and the AA missiles are mostly useless against them. BF4, for all its flaws at least ported the best maps from previous installments. BF1 had massive hype campaign and I ended up buying it, but I don't think I have more than 40 hours played in there. After beta of BFV, I didn't even bother with it, because the available maps had exactly the same problems.

So, unless they actually work on the map design, I don't really see the better visuals as an improvement that is worth paying for. It brings very little to the enjoyment of the game.

18. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    BF2, BF BC2 & BF3 were my favorite games back in the day. It went downhill with BF4 (not only the game caused this but the introduction of socalled anticheat plugins for "private" servers that ban players if they want to, bf4db.com for example).
    BF1 was ass, BFV was alright but not too much variety and vehicles were garbage.

19. WAR76

WAR76 Member

GPU:
    3080 Strix OC
    BattleStreet 6, 128 players ? I cant wait

20. V3RT3X79

V3RT3X79 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Battlefield 6 : super special camper's crouching edition