First product pages for GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and pricing go live

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 3, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Pricing rofl

We all know the pricing part is BS. The 2257$ sounds a lot more realistic than the 1338$. It's gonna be like it is right now. All msrp cards SOLD BY amazon and newegg will be out of stock and will remain out of stock forever. But somehow the chinese 3rd party sellers on amazon and newegg will magically have stock at well over msrp.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Legacy-ZA, carnivore and Keitosha like this.
  3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Snorefest!

4. RED.Misfit

RED.Misfit Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    How many times before we reach MSRP ? or something around it like 1100$ for custom ?
    Way too long probably.

Last edited: May 20, 2021

5. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Maybe 2000 euros could be realistic around here, especially assuming the anti-Ethereum actually works. The utterly unavailable 3080 are listed mostly for ~1400 euros and the available models of 3090 are over 3000 euros.

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    It bothers me that it couldn't have been $1337.

7. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    2000 euros? ATM a 3080 costs 2700 euros in my country and this is for a pre-order with actual shipping more than a month later.
    There is no stock anywhere. 3XXX series is a lost cause.
    I hope 4XXX series will return back to the normal.

Solfaur likes this.
  8. schilperoordbas

schilperoordbas Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX Merc BE
    This mining thing turned from a cool way to get money to being an outrageous plague that kills the pc gaming market (and it does impact other markets as well).

9. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Miss out on a $50 discount.... shucks.

10. kaendd

kaendd New Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090

11. Freeman

Freeman Master Guru

GPU:
    4060 ti 8gb
    Exactly.

But we "gamers" dont see the problem yet." Its just a number, its just a story". When dat beloved GPU dies, that's where it gets real.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    just fracking no. prices are just beyond stupid now. Chip short that effecting everything is not help matters and Mining..... just Frack that crap migrated to SSD they are next to start jumping in prices and there prices just came down to sorta realistic prices compared to HDD prices which are still to high imo and forget the NMVE incarnations specially the 4.0 ones

Keitosha likes this.
  13. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Government regulation as we have seen in Turkey is the only way this can be brought under control. Digital currencies are horrendously inefficient for buying everyday items with, a massive house or expensive car maybe but the costs in using it like a credit card are significant.

14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Leave $100 in a bank for a year and you make maybe $3
    Leave $100 worth of coin in a crypto wallet for a year you make maybe $50
    Crypto is the future folks.

15. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Because its never dropped in price ever. Over the last 12 months if you had invested in some decent UK stocks, shares, guilts and bonds you would have banked 10 - 12%.

DannyD likes this.

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The only folks that will see these new cards are the lucky few and the big business warehouse miners.
    Gpu market is dead and will be till at least 2022.

1 person likes this.
  17. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    Dont blame crypto for this. Blame the manufacturers. They did not make 2 separate lines of GFX cards since 2017 RUN!

And dont hate on Bitcoin, that stuff will save everybodys azz. To the guy thinking goverment restrictions Turkey style will solve the "issue" - you are kind of utterly lost. Only thing it created was a spike of price of bitcoin there. Good luck saving any money in cash with this kind of inflation! Maybe you are the "lucky" one and u live in a country with single digits inflation, but there are countless countries where this is not the case and rest assured your country will join the list sooner than later. If you want your money to be eaten alive, enjoy, but for those who do not, theres alternative.

And you cant stop this revolution, nobody cares about the gamers and their cards. Deal with it. Fun comes 2nd after business.

Dont hate on the messenger (BTC) but on the msg (no dedicated gaming and mining cards) - besides. BTC is not mined on cards, so that BS claim about Turkey is just twice as ridiculous if thats even possible.

EDIT: Im NOT a miner... I have my trusty old GTX970.. which I wanted to upgrade same as you. Just compared to some ppl here, Im not crying with my 1080ti in my PC

Valken, GoldenTiger and bobnewels like this.
  18. iicycube

iicycube Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080TI OC
    Next gen, every game needs to list min/requirement spec on mining in order to play.
    3-4k for a piece of incomplete hardware in a computer will only work on mining and not another purpose.

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    The problem, like with Nvidia's making two separate lines of cards, is that the chips themselves are still the same amount. Nvidia and AMD are probably already buying every slot and capacity to fabricate they can get and / or afford.

To just pick a number, imagine chip foundries working for AMD and Nvidia combined would produce the symbolic number of 10.000chips and later cards, which all are capable of gaming.
    Then, you suddenly say 5.000 cards are mining cards, and 5.000 are gaming cards as distinct product lines (because manufacturers can't fab more total chips), gaming cards are limited to 5.000 units only, and miners will still buy every card they get. But just in theory, the supply for gamers is limited to only 5.000 cards.
    So you see, that's simply not helping anybody besides manufacturers, as they save on display connectors and board components for virtually the same selling price.

What will probably come out of Nvidia's separate mining line? Less RTX / GTX cards manufactured. And that's certainly 100% not helping gamers get cards.
    And the second somebody fabricates really fancy crypto mining optimized for AMD cards, the very same thing will happen with AMD cards and prices as well. I'd bet money on that.

icedman likes this.
  20. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I can't afford to be a gamer anymore, I'll call in a girl and we'll have intercourse all day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Valken likes this.