GeForce 466.27 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Terje_P

Terje_P Active Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Wrappers seems to work better in this than the latest preview drivers.

2. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    You have an Ampere card?I experience random micro stutters on my 3080 that were not there on my old 1080ti on driver 442.59
    Currently on 466.11
    https://i.imgur.com/uQSUgw2.png latencymon shows these spikes on 466.11 and the one before it.On 457.51 there's no DPC latency spikes.
    Random 15ms-25ms frametime spikes still persist on 457.51 tho.From what I observed the higher the gpu usage the more frequent they become.

Issue seems to be much worst when I play on 1440p and the issue gets reduced drastically on 1080p 144hz.(seriously thinking of selling my current 1440p/165hz monitor and just get a 1080p 144hz gsync monitor)

I managed to catch my frametime while playing vermintide 2 on my current PC 3080/9900k@4.7ghz/970 evo/16gb ddr4:
    https://i.imgur.com/XK7zzBs.png This on 1440p.

On 1080p its MUCH smoother.I even watched my brother playing on my old 1080ti(driver 442.XX/9700k and his frametime was so much smoother.This was on the same resolution/settings.

few videos with the 3080.
    Hate to post the same things over and over again but there you go.
    Already tried clean installing w10/reseating gpu/ram.
    Tried like 5 different drivers with DDU and I have all overlays off/hardware accel off in discord/chrome.
    https://imgur.com/a/xRXG39s My installed programms.Nothing should be interfering.

I've also met ppl with similar issues on their 3k card and I'm wondering if its just us or the majority of ppl are just not as sensitive to micro stutter and are "fine" with the current performance of ampere cards.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  3. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    On these drivers now after a DDU but still getting problems changing resolutions with the side 4k monitor connected. Windows freezing at startup if ive accidently left the 8k tv in a res it doesnt really support at all like 4096x2160 it freezes so I have to reboot with just the tv connected. reinstall drivers. plug in monitor again and then set the resolution again because somewhere with both connected it has a config saved to the last state. So if i try to change it back to 8k it might freeze and maybe i get lucky on the hard reboot and its actually saved at 8k .
    What a serious pain and Manuel I am getting sick of this now how many times do I have to report the same damn thing for 4 months.

4. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Your monitor resolutions are store here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Connectivity
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\ScaleFactors

The monitor name might not match, for example my LG monitor is listed as GMS7707
    You could attempt to manually delete the keys and then reconnect the TV to detect it again, if you decide to give it a try, make sure to create a restore point before deleting the keys, just in case.

5. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    With the res its only been wrong since 465. Like the one before that it was fine but yea ok ill try that I got a combined GSM0001 and BNQ7950 which looks like the right config.

6. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    This driver is crap, stick to 456.89 :D:)

7. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    I want to share something, with those and 466.11 drivers I have video driver crash but only in very old games like Tomb Raider 4, Vampire Redemption etc. I tried everything, turns out to be an power setting issue, when I switch it from ''normal'' to max performance'' no more driver crashes in old games, the problem is in ''max performance'' my clock won't go down and GPU is using around 130w while idling.. So I downloaded Nvidia Inspector and set power mode to ''adaptive'' and changed from ''multi display config'' to ''single display config'' (since I only have one monitor)
    Another workaround was to use older drivers, 457.30 was working perfectly fine for me, but I would lost other fixes and drivers optimizations for newer games. So I prefer Nvidia Inspector method.

So far so good, no driver crashes and my GPU is idling properly. Maybe this will help somebody.

Edit: They still crash unless I run them in profile with ''prefer maximum performance'' sigh..

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

This seems legit due to the emojis.

9. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Mouse lag and strange behaviour, fps drop, stuttering in games, time spy freezing, no crashes like 466.11 but bad gaming experience, back to 456.89 all ok again, so :mad::confused::(:p

10. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    These are good for me, no issues, stuff works

11. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Nice to have some info tho :p

12. lexuger

lexuger Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 Super

totally true, driver is worthless, no resizable bar for turing series and crap drivers like this.

loracle likes this.
  13. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Driver support for your Turing wouldn't do anything alone, you'd need a card vendor BIOS Update for it as well - which will most likely never come.

14. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Runs fine on 3080. Does not appear to have the random Ampere desktop blackscreen issue, for me, during the last 2 days.

15. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    That's probably it. I'm on 10900K/1080Ti FTW3, 1080p 240Hz on 461.81.

I just assumed the 3xxx series was silky smooth from what I've heard. Micro stutters must be so tilting, it would drive me insane with that.
    Though, I wonder if the same problems occur on Ultra Wide...

16. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 3080Ti
    3080 here too, i must say this issue was sporadically detected by me, my spec: 11900K (full stock auto) + 4*8 GB TridentZRoyal 4000cl17 B-Die @3733 CL15 Gear1 (not tightened up yet) + Z590 Aorus Master + 3080 Aorus Extreme + LG OLED48CX (HDMI 2.1 10bit full 40GB/s mode). Also GPU working in x16 4.0 paired with Samsung 980PRO. So nothing can stop this hardware o_O
    After intensive testing for almost all available options culprit for my spec was ReBar + HAGS (both were on), after disabling those it become silky smooth, absolutely consistent frametimes, including 4K@120 (DOOM Eternal has some occasional "spikes" to 8.4-9 ms instead 99.9% of time @8.3ms). Also i was testing this on 470.25 driver, if it's matters idk :)

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  17. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

What is your mouse polling at? Probably a dumb question...but if you have a fast refresh rate, wouldn't that affect something?

...an edit to say this a real question...

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had 470.25 and I need to use this driver to start ResidentEvil8, otherwise it would quit right before ingame menu when it says "connecting to server".

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    The driver is running great.

Cyberpunk / Valhalla / Apex.

20. AuRiMaS666

AuRiMaS666 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti